Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, I don't know if I'm seeing Red Hulk. He needs to proc at least twice (while in hand/play) to be good, and your opponent has more control than you over whether or not that happens.

Seems too conditional for a 6-drop.

I don't know about that - a lot of decks besides high evo frequently have a loose energy or two across the turns, especially with extra energy from Hope/energy discounters/locations/etc., and optimal play with non-ideal hands often involves those sorts of decisions in order to throw priority/set up future turns/etc. (you generally don't wanting to be in a position where you need to tempo shang, often need to hold blade for an opportune moment, etc.)

they don't necessarily know you have red hulk in hand, and while all he does is being a big idiot, he goes from a sub-par but not completely embarrassing 6 drop at 0 -> good on rate (but no utility) at 1 -> excellent at 2 -> absurd 3+

to me he seems quite similar to high evo hulk without needing to play high evo/play off curve yourself, or make any real deckbuilding compromises (in the way you do for blob to be good) - I suspect his upside is high enough and he's going to be *big* a large enough proportion of the time that he'll make the cut as one of the premier 6 drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

flatluigi posted:

it's just hard to say if a card's actually good when people've barely had a chance to play him and have the meta react to him

That's fair, apologies for the snark. Was hoping for early impressions before I pull the trigger (this thread wisely talked me out of Cannonball) but I went ahead anyway.

I haven't had a ton of success with WM yet, but it's also mostly mirror matches so it's hard to tell how much he's helping. My favorite Control decks are all dead in the water now, so there's that.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
The only success I've had with WM was when I cheated him out on T3 (with Zabu or other shenanigans) and dumped Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw. It's not a huge payoff considering you need the stars to align but I'm glad he has *some* use outside of scamming cubes from Lockdown.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sandwolf posted:

So! How is Warm Achine!

I was 500 tokens shy of the 6k needed to buy him outright, so I bought a gold stash for $9.99 to do the Token Tuesday conversion thing and save my keys.

He's fine. The 4-cost prevents him from being game-breaking.

But now I feel like Cannonball and Ms. Marvel would've been more fun.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I’ve had a little success in conquest with this deck. My thought is to use Goose to make sure only I can drop a big card in that lane later and also protect from Shang Chi. Getting Hope out means maybe playing a big 6 plus Maw on turn 6. Armor is protection and a counter to destroy decks. It’s still a bit clunky if I pull the big stuff first though. It probably needs a few changes.

I feel like Warmachine, Infinaut, Cull, and Maw is a good base though.

# (1) Nebula
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Goose
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Armor
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Hope Summers
# (4) Rescue
# (4) War Machine
# (4) Cull Obsidian
# (6) Blob
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9wZVN1bW1lcnMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ildhck1hY2hpbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5lYnVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxvYiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3VsbE9ic2lkaWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR29vc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlc2N1ZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Goose is genius nice cooking. I'd probably go Nico instead of Blob?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Marx Headroom posted:

Goose is genius nice cooking

His Goose is cooked?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Doobie Keebler posted:

I’ve had a little success in conquest with this deck. My thought is to use Goose to make sure only I can drop a big card in that lane later and also protect from Shang Chi. Getting Hope out means maybe playing a big 6 plus Maw on turn 6. Armor is protection and a counter to destroy decks. It’s still a bit clunky if I pull the big stuff first though. It probably needs a few changes.

I feel like Warmachine, Infinaut, Cull, and Maw is a good base though.

# (1) Nebula
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Goose
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Armor
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Hope Summers
# (4) Rescue
# (4) War Machine
# (4) Cull Obsidian
# (6) Blob
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9wZVN1bW1lcnMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ildhck1hY2hpbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5lYnVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxvYiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3VsbE9ic2lkaWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR29vc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlc2N1ZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

- How do you usually use Rescue?
- Blob seems neat, but is there any specific advantage with him over, say, Crossbones? I've just been in late games where Blob ends up much smaller than you'd hoped.
- I think you really need Magik to maximize War Machine.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Red posted:

Tentatively disagree here. I don't think WM strictly demands huge power turns, even though it's super tempting and satisfying. And anyway Hope Summers can give you the T7 energy you'd need. I just played a game with that deck that went like this:

T1 Nico Minoru
T2 Zabu
T3 Hope Summers
T4 Armor + Jeff!
T5 War Machine into Hope Summers
T6 Infinaut + Ebony Maw

Agreed on Crossbones though, unless you're playing Goose shenanigans, but in that case I'd be wary of Zabu'd Shang Chi.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Ugh. Forgot that Shaw and Echo were both next week, too. I don't have either, so it would be a very rare 3/3 week, but I really want War Machine and only have 5 keys. I could conceivably get another two by the end of Red Hulk week, but not a full 8. Guess I'll probably take a couple stabs at WM and see if I need to evaluate from there.

Welp. Took me 3 to get War Machine, but I think I should be able to get all 3 cards next week. But then I’ll be wiped out for a bit. Luckily, I’m not too intrigued by most of the Soviet Squad.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Feels like we should have gotten another series drop by now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We should be due for one yeah

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Red posted:

- How do you usually use Rescue?
- Blob seems neat, but is there any specific advantage with him over, say, Crossbones? I've just been in late games where Blob ends up much smaller than you'd hoped.

I picked Rescue as a four cost card to play in the Hope lane since I’m probably playing something there again the next turn. She’s not ideal and one of the cards I was thinking of switching out. I was thinking of something like Goose in one lane then Hope-Rescue-Warmachine in another then big drop in the Goose lane on turn 6.

Crossbones is a good idea! I hadn’t considered him. I like Blob as a big turn 6 play but he’s not consistent. I’ll switch it up and see how it plays.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Feels like we should have gotten another series drop by now

They said they will only do one or two more this year so, based on the fact that it’s almost April, I’d bet we only get one more this year, sometime late summer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Marx Headroom posted:

Tentatively disagree here. I don't think WM strictly demands huge power turns, even though it's super tempting and satisfying. And anyway Hope Summers can give you the T7 energy you'd need. I just played a game with that deck that went like this:

T1 Nico Minoru
T2 Zabu
T3 Hope Summers
T4 Armor + Jeff!
T5 War Machine into Hope Summers
T6 Infinaut + Ebony Maw

Agreed on Crossbones though, unless you're playing Goose shenanigans, but in that case I'd be wary of Zabu'd Shang Chi.

It's not so much the power as it is just giving yourself more chances to draw the cards you need; regardless, Hope and Zabu are kind of necessary to run WM well.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

War machine seems good as the 4 drop in high evo. I just played a game where I plonked infinaut in a professor x lane and then hulk turn 7

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah I didn't entirely realize that warmachine let you bypass infinaut and ebony maw's restrictions and that feels like a much realer way to build a deck around it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was wondering why I've been seeing so much Crossbones

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Still fuckin stupid to me that he does that. Those cards should be ineligible to leave the hand if the conditions aren't met, like as if they were a cost to play

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

War Machine gets around Sandman, too

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm pretty annoyed with these dumb events. I tried to leave a twitch stream running overnight, it was still running when i woke up but it only gave me enough credit to get the boosters. This is after login event broke as well. Why bother with this poo poo if it doesn't work.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Still fuckin stupid to me that he does that. Those cards should be ineligible to leave the hand if the conditions aren't met, like as if they were a cost to play

I agree 100% based on the text and how literally every other card in the game works but SD very deliberately touched it so it would be playable. Without that interaction, the card is Prof X and Storm tech and basically that’s it. I guess Sandman tech too.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sandwolf posted:

I agree 100% based on the text and how literally every other card in the game works but SD very deliberately touched it so it would be playable. Without that interaction, the card is Prof X and Storm tech and basically that’s it. I guess Sandman tech too.

i mean, it'd also be tech for 'can't play here' locations which isn't nothing

definitely do think that's it's good that warmachine does what it does currently. i don't think it feels busted, and it's already letting a bunch of cards that haven't seen play in ages get out there which is exactly what i want from new cards

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Nothing can stop Jeff from being played anywhere (*), from Prof X to Sandman.

War Machine does the same. Makes perfect sense to me.

(*: except if you can't afford him or there are 4 cards on the location already.)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Also the untapped overlay now has bot detection:

https://twitter.com/UntappedSNAP/status/1773051778180812955

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

uXs posted:

(*: except if you can't afford him or there are 4 cards on the location already.)

Except the card functions as a self-Leech for cards like Ebony Maw and Infinaut, which is not intuitive, but I agree a fine condition for the card

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Well there goes most of my gold:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m debating buying that

We also got a gold bundle-

6000 gold for:
-She Hulk variant
-4000 tokens
-1000 credits
-boosters

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I like the variant but I'm assuming the first expensive gold bundle in a while is just meant to suck us dry for something better in a few weeks. Big fan of devs trying to harness fomo and doing the exact opposite by doing slimy poo poo at the same time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

When Pigs Cry posted:

I like the variant but I'm assuming the first expensive gold bundle in a while is just meant to suck us dry for something better in a few weeks. Big fan of devs trying to harness fomo and doing the exact opposite by doing slimy poo poo at the same time.

Ironically, *this* might be the gold bundle that is the “something better in a few weeks” and the Black Panther one a couple weeks ago was the grift. But if this is the “good” bundle, loving ouch.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I’ve accepted that gold is essentially worthless-I’ll never spend cash on it and I’m basically just spending it as I get it to fill out my albums. It’s not worth hoarding or thinking about.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They really tanked the value of gold when they started the first purchase is doubled thing.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

uXs posted:

Jeff's cost stops Jeff from being played. Same should go for infinaut, etc that have side costs to play. I get why they did what they did and it makes sense but it's still fuckin stupid, to me.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Hey, they put out a gold bundle. It's not great She-Hulk variant and avatar, 1000 credits, 4,000 tokens and some boosters.

Slightly worse gold to tokens ratio than Token Tuesdays.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 28, 2024

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

A Surfer deck with Mobius and Legion can be really devastating with the Utopia hot location - I just played Shaw+Patriot+Wong+Surfer+AbsMan on turn 6 while my opponent had no cost reduction at all.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

uXs posted:

Also the untapped overlay now has bot detection:

https://twitter.com/UntappedSNAP/status/1773051778180812955

great, now i know that bots bm with emotes when they beat you for eight cubes

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I didn't even realize it's possible to retreat before the initial hand draw.

It does give you progress toward "Make Your Opponent Retreat" and something else I missed.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maneck posted:

Hey, they put out a gold bundle. It's not great She-Hulk variant and avatar, 4000 credits, 4,000 tokens and some boosters.

Slightly worse gold to tokens ratio than Token Tuesdays.

It's 1000 credits, not 4000. Major difference.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Whoops, yes. Typo, and a huge difference. 4000 credits would make the bundle actually reasonable, instead of kind of dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I don't like the variant, to boot. Just a no sale across the board for me