Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I don't like the variant, to boot. Just a no sale across the board for me

Weird how the game incentivizes you not to chase variants when a popular character's best card is the base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Red posted:

Weird how the game incentivizes you not to chase variants when a popular character's best card is the base.

I kind of ran into this yesterday with Hope Summers. I had enough credits and boosters to split the season pass variant and just didn't. Because it sucks. I split the base card instead.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah all the Pandart variants are just a bit off in this season pass.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Red posted:

It's not true generally, and definitely not for Shulk since her subdued (for Artgerm anyway) Artgerm card is great.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
forever angry i was unemployed when peach momoko shulk dropped even though stopping me from spending sixty bucks on a jpeg is an objectively good thing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is war machine a “spend all my tokens” card? Have exactly 6050 lol

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

War Machine isn't Thanos or Hevo level, he's Annihilus level.

Annihilus lets you add Hood/Sentry/Annihilus to some other bigger shell.

War Machine lets you do the same with Maw/Infinaut. even better if you have an energy ramp like Hope.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is war machine a “spend all my tokens” card? Have exactly 6050 lol

I kind of wish I'd rolled the dice on Cannonball instead, to be honest

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

If you have ~6k tokens, I would not recommend spending them on War Machine.

He doesn't seem bad, but there's no sign of him being a mandatory meta card and even if that changes, he'll come around in your shop again.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Cannonball seems bad, but in a fun way.

I haven't pulled the trigger on War Machine because he seems okay, in a boring way.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Skippy McPants posted:

If you have ~6k tokens, I would not recommend spending them on War Machine.

He doesn't seem bad, but there's no sign of him being a mandatory meta card and even if that changes, he'll come around in your shop again.
He's an OK card but I would not recommend burning tokens, no.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Just learned that if Blob eats Thanos while all the stones are out, Blob gets 10 power from Thanos (i.e. not powered up Thanos, even though Thanos gets that power no matter where he is) but also then stops eating cards as if he hit his max.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Maneck posted:

Cannonball seems bad, but in a fun way.

I haven't pulled the trigger on War Machine because he seems okay, in a boring way.

This.

I broke my own rule with War Machine. Fun > whatever the meta is.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Fate Accomplice posted:

War Machine lets you do the same with Maw/Infinaut. even better if you have an energy ramp like Hope.

He also lets you juke some locations (eg Kyln, Sanctum Sanctorum) in a really funny way but not in a 6k tokens way.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I'm not sure what tokens are for if you're mostly collection complete. I had 6100 tokens and 9 keys but already have Silk and Silver Samurai, so I spent the tokens since nothing else is coming out as a Series 4 card it seems. I'll probably skip Red Hulk and then spend keys on USAgent's week since Mirage is the only Series 4 card I don't own.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Tokens are for stockpiling if you're mostly complete. I'm up to like 20k and I've always got enough keys to get the cards I want.

Might buy Martyr and play C5

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally got Jean so I can try this out and it's been working well so far

# (1) Nebula
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Star-Lord
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Storm
# (3) Groot
# (3) Jean Grey
# (3) Juggernaut
# (4) War Machine
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Alioth
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhcmxvcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOZWJ1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFsaW90aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3Jvb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1vcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1Z2dlcm5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVhbkdyZXkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ildhck1hY2hpbmUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Devo posted:

Tokens are for stockpiling if you're mostly complete. I'm up to like 20k and I've always got enough keys to get the cards I want.

Might buy Martyr and play C5
You don't need Martyr for C5 really

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

You don't need Martyr for C5 really

Kind of want to play one with Black Swan and all 4 5 power one drops. Seems fun.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I dunno. Dropping an Infinaut in someone’s Prof X’ed lane on turn 6 is pretty fun.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

DeepDickPizza posted:

I dunno. Dropping an Infinaut in someone’s Prof X’ed lane on turn 6 is pretty fun.

Does war machine mean you don't need to have not played anything the previous turn?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Billy Gnosis posted:

Does war machine mean you don't need to have not played anything the previous turn?

As of right now, yeah. Infinaut, Maw, Cull and Crossbones are all playable anywhere. Pretty fun.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Picked up Chibi Maria Hill from the 7-day Mystery and Hipp Swarm from the next season cache. No complaints, other than why isn't Swarm in either of the Hipp albums?

He looks so happy.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ninurta posted:

why isn't Swarm in either of the Hipp albums?
Because he isn't an Ongoing or a 1-cost.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

The first Hipp album is all ongoing cards. Second album is all 1-cost cards.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, it pisses off that after all of their hang-wringing about scaling 1 and 2 drops, they went and gave Discard three of the loving things.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
Is it dumb as hell to spend Collector tokens on "random 3 series drops"?
Every time I get ruined by another Hazmat deck I'm sorely tempted (and occasionally have) pulled the trigger on the RNG just in the hopes of getting Luke Cage, but then I had the thought maybe by buying S3 cards via this method, I'm increasing my chances of lovely skins in the Collector Boxes I get through level up, as the boxes may have otherwise contained those same S3 cards.

I hope that made sense, it's a messy and obtuse system
I just want Cage

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Kind of, yes. Unless you just don't care about the future and want the now. Depends on what you'll get more enjoyment from

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I've been Series 3 complete for a long time, do they still rotate a Series 3 card through the shop every 8 hours that you can pin?

I definitely wouldn't spend tokens, which are pretty hard to come by, for a random S3 card that has a good chance of being bad

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

There are a lot more S3 cards than there were when I was running through that gauntlet, but it still doesn't seem great to spend tokens on them.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Synonymous posted:

Is it dumb as hell to spend Collector tokens on "random 3 series drops"?
Every time I get ruined by another Hazmat deck I'm sorely tempted (and occasionally have) pulled the trigger on the RNG just in the hopes of getting Luke Cage, but then I had the thought maybe by buying S3 cards via this method, I'm increasing my chances of lovely skins in the Collector Boxes I get through level up, as the boxes may have otherwise contained those same S3 cards.

I hope that made sense, it's a messy and obtuse system
I just want Cage

It is a bad idea to spend collector's tokens on any Series 3 or 4 card. Unless you're spending mad cash, it takes about two months to accrue the 6k tokens required for a S5 card. The ability to pull the trigger on a precious S5 meta staple once you're S3 complete will be much more valuable than what any S3 card can offer you right now.

On top of that, Hazmat is not a very common card. Losing to her might feel bad, but recency bias is not a good motivation for spending resources.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
Thanks all, I'll try to keep the rage tempered and hold out for the big prize

I've been having pretty good luck with my key pulls recently, but that could well change and should really start planning for longer metas. I'm only CL2000 so I guess it's still pretty early days.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Synonymous posted:

Every time I get ruined by another Hazmat deck

How are these decks beating you? Luke Cage is an autowin but there are a few ways to deal with the usual suspects (Cosmo their Wong, surprise T6 Shadow King, etc)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Don't Cosmo someone's Wong for free. People pay good money for that.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Synonymous posted:

Thanks all, I'll try to keep the rage tempered and hold out for the big prize

If you really feel Luke Cage is what will help you right now, it’s only a couple of days until you get to have the free monthly S3 card again. Just remember to check every 8 hours so you don’t miss him when he rotates in.

I’d argue there are probably better cards to get, though, depending on what you already have.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The app has a News section about a Deck Building contest, but when I click on it , it just opens up my Discord app to a random server/room.

Even after closing out my Discord, it keeps opening it up, bit not, like, a Discord server for Snap.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The deck building contests are just sweepstakes with a minor condition to enter. It's not worth peeking into the cesspool that is official discord to bother

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I reported one player for a racist username and now I can't report anyone ever again because it opens on the "thanks for filling out the form!" page from that first report. Every. Time.

who the actual gently caress thought having a google form for reporting people was a good idea?? Sure let me just throw this match while I fill out all the details and bring up my user ID.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah I don't believe a single person has been banned or probated from that system ever

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The game concept is really good but recently everything else from the UI to ongoing development to customer interaction and feedback loving sucks. Ben Brode stepping back from community engagement and his lead Co design leaving altogether is a sure sign they're destined for the expected f2p hamster-wheel dog poo poo every other game in the market aspires to.