Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Didn't realize today was launch day. I liked HS so I guess I'll give it a shot until the awful grind and monetization smacks me in the face. Hopefully some of the beta awfulness has been diminished...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm having fun beating up on newbies.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can we get something in the OP about how this whole card level up upgrade thing works? I had six green orbs and accidentally upgraded Thing and now I only have one and that leveled me up but now I need more.

Upgrading = purely a cosmetic thing. You can only have 1 per deck anyway.

Can any beta vets comment on collection building? Always be upgrading, so that my collection level ranks up and I unlock more cards right? No point in hording those green upgrade currencies?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Man having basic reading skills feels a little like cheating on day 1 of a TCG.

Why yes I didn't play a card on the location saying I get extra energy if I have no minions there :smug:

Why yes I did play my one drop on the location that gives plus 1 power each turn :smugdog:

Why yes I did play my card with on going abilities on the location that doubles on going abilities :smugbert:

I also was feeling very chuffed about myself.`Then I realized I was probably playing a bot.

I'm having fun. Now that I'm out of Recruit pass, I'm looking forward to unlocking more cards to run a different keyword archetype. Currently running On Reveal with Odin/Iron Man win con. I want to support the game and see it succeed.

The damned battle pass is just a smidge outside of my impulse purchase buy. Or else I would just grab it. The cards seem pretty lame? The cosmetics seem pretty meh? Someone talk me into it haha. Maybe if I'm still at it by this weekend I'll grab it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Victor Vermis posted:

... just got a "OUT OF TIME" and my turn ended. Do I need to turn on the music to get some kind of turn clock indicator?

WHERES THE FUZE BRODE YOU PLAID HACK

Look at the end turn button. It's subtle. There's a color bar that increments.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

As an Odin player in Pool 1, this featured location owns.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

I appreciate the amount of shenanigans you can get up to in this game.

Yeah. The RNG of the locations will probably annoy me once I have top tier netdecked builds trying to climb to infinite, but it also means janky gimmick decks that can win sometimes will have more staying power and thus shenanigans will keep me playing for longer.

Jedit posted:

People can and have hit the signed integer cap with Iron Man and Onslaught.

Ohhh I was wondering if Iron Man's effect gets doubled with that location. I haven't tried it out yet.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CitizenKeen posted:

I suspect with Marvel Snap I’m going to care less and play more than other cars games.

Yeah I'm hoping too. No other card game has had the staying power for me of early Hearthstone days. I liked Gwent but eventually got exhausted.

Reek posted:

Built a deck for the Odin meta with the 2x on reveal location in the hot spot. Guess I'll have to start doing the maths as I looked well in the lead only to end up losing the middle location by 1 after everything resolved

No maths, only vibes. Believe in the heart of the cards (RNG procs for Iron Heart and White Tiger)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm nearing the cusp of the end of Pool 1 and am conflicted if I rank up to unlock new cards or keep playing with my decks and try to reach Infinite while I have a nicely tuned deck at pool 1 to take advantage of being a big fish in a smaller pond.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Winning with a jank deck with greys because you're trying to bump your collection level is hilarious

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Wheeee posted:

Higher level also gets you higher level bots that cheat instead of deliberately let you win

Dare I ask how? Like they always seem to draw a counter? Perfectly guess where you're gonna put your cards? Have a perfect curve?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Thanks to whoever pointed out that smashing Carnage and Apocalypse as a combo discard/destroy deck in pool 1 is no bueno. I still can't quite get Apocalypse to work (probably missing a piece or two here).

Having reached CL 200ish and rank 40ish, I also can echo

BGrifter posted:

Made it up to CL119/rank 45 and still having fun. I think I’m ready to declare this game officially cool and good.

I've always kinda been afraid of building my own decks and getting smashed. Based on how quick the games go, how much RNG there is in a single game, and how small the decksizes are... it sure feels like I'm less likely to netdeck in this game than in orders (also card availability). I've found a nice rotation of 3 decks I like playing : Odin Reveal, Zoo Swarming (Onslaught win con) and Destroy Carnage (it aint good but it sure is fun). I really am looking forward to unlocking a few more pieces to make my janky Move deck work better. I wasn't sold on the snapping mechanic, but I am now. It gives you a buffer to play gimmicks and when you bullshit a win you create a buffer for yourself.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Shwqa posted:

They know the locations and know all the outcome of RNG. They will know if danger room is going to trigger its 25% to destroy and won't play.

That sounds delightful. Still winnable if you draw your cards though? But if you don't curve out or get your outs, you're screwed?

Also Happy Birthday Shwqa!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Today's featured location is ripe for shenanigans

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I do wish there was a faster animation option

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CitizenKeen posted:

Send them all to this thread. I think mine was most firstest, so most bestest.

Agreed

Xtanstic posted:

Today's featured location is ripe for shenanigans

Lmao I one upped myself

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Go RV! posted:

Escaping while you're winning a location with one card.

Oh my god. I wonder if this applies for all the quests that are based on winning a location. Surely it must.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Of all the RNG that tilts me, nothing so far has surpassed Morph giving them a super high value card. I'm eager to discover what Pool 2 surprises await me. I'll probably cross that threshold tonight.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I liked Angela in KaZoo but I don't think she's as amazing as other people seem to think re: pool 1.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Am I dumb or missing something, or are the events really lame? (Venom/Carnage event and the Halloween one). I must have not read the Venom/Carnage one properly because I thought we would get an avatar (or was it only if your team won) or did I not claim it? The current Halloween one... is a ton of grinding for a paltry 100 credits? That's it?

e: and that's besides how awful the UI for events is and the fact that it's hidden in the News screen

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm not sure what deck archetype is best suited for exploiting the current hot location? +5 mana randomly. I've been focused on having a nice curve so I dunno what to run as a greedy deck. Some sort of Dino/card heavy deck? I'm in Pool 2 if it matters.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Victor Vermis posted:

I just realized Strong Guy and Apocalypse have anti-synergy. And now my Discard deck is doing okay. Sunspot is so clutch he should filter with "Discard".

Rotating location seems decent with this deck too.

What does your deck look like? I've been trying to get a Discard Apocalypse deck semi-workable since pool 1 and it constantly feels so uneven. After many tweaks, so far this is what I'm up to:

code:
# (1) Rocket Raccoon
# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Angela
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Morph
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Strong Guy
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez 

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Serperoth posted:

Strong Guy and America Chavez are anti-synergy (with Apocalypse at least), since you can't get rid of both of them on the last turn (under normal circumstances)
Apocalypse feels cool, but I've had him get Morphed or White Queened before, and both of them suck :( I wish more discard was a bit more reliable, rather than hoping (Lady Sif aside)

Yeah Apocalypse feels so cool but doesn't feel strong enough as a win-con. My logic with Strong Guy: well I'm emptying my hand anyway, if I don't pull Apocalypse, at least maybe I'll have a buffed SG but yeah fair I can't ever fully empty my hand with Chavez and Apocalypse. America my logic is : well I know she won't clutter my hand as I'm trying to discard and pump. But yeah, in terms of "buff a big card", Moon Girl + Dino seems way better suited and more consistant. Maybe the Apocalypse deck will only work when I pull Hela. I faced a bot in Pool 1 with one (or I must have pulled it with RNG I dunno).

stev posted:

The Artifact team must be losing their minds over the fact that a three-lane card game is wildly successful.

Gwent says hello :colbert:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

MathMathCalculation posted:

Put Leech in your deck and watch every opponent retreat.

I flip flopped between Leech and Prof X. Ultimately Prof X feels better in my 'Disruption' deck. It's quite funny to lock a zone down super quick.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Granstein posted:

Kind of hitting a wall now like halfway through pool 2 where all of my best possible decks are full of one drops and three out of every four opponents is running killmonger. Game still fun, but the crafting can't come soon enough.

Hello are you me? I'm in the same boat. Even if my Kazoo wasn't getting chewed up by Killmonger, I'd switch just to shake things up. I'm running either Moon girl/Dino or some Control nonsense, though it feels like I had more success with yesterday's hot location. I considered running this plain vanilla looking deck that just seeks to curve out and play solidly: https://snap.fan/p/4d525d9b-b84a-48f7-826a-df3c0ebfee1f/decks/714aba4b-3cc7-4f77-a48a-36d1a657a10c but I lack killmonger.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CitizenKeen posted:

If you're not playing an All-Pixel deck are you even whaling?

Because Baby Ant-Man variant is awesome

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jedit posted:

Unless something has changed, you need to stop at CL450 to avoid being matched with Pool 3 players. (It might have; it's been months since I did it and the change might not be documented.)

I think you are still bounded by CL matchmaking when you hit a new pool, so if you're in early Pool 3 you'll face early Pool 3 players who do not have full Pool 3 synergy decks. If you save up you credits to slingshot multiple CL, then you'll rise too high and get smashed by late Pool 3 players. I can't confirm though, but this is my understanding based on what I've been reading and it's why I'm not gonna "save up" towards the end of a pool, like I did with the Pool 1-2 transition.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

After much consternation in the past 2 days, I finally found a deck I like piloting mid-pool 2 rank 43ish.

code:
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Agent 13
# (2) Angela
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Punisher
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Namor
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum
The Enchantress does a lot of work against Kazoo (I don't have Killmonger yet) and Dino decks. It has good board presence but also has the ability for some big swings in the late game. Cosmo also disrupts things nicely.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dpulex posted:

Anyone hit a wall around rank 60? I've been stuck here for two days

Still in the 40-50 wall. I don't snap good, but I'm having fun so whatevs.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

BoldFace posted:

I don't think there is a clear boundary between pools like many seem to think. Late pool 2 players can get matched against early pool 3 players.

Yeah I definitely faced some pool 3 cards (Magneto not from random card gen) and I know I'm a few cards short of completing pool 2. Still haven't pulled Killmonger...

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Scoss posted:

Is there anything fun I can make with Wave or Hela as my first pool 3 cards, without needing to have a ton of additional pool 3?

I've been trying to make discard Apocalypse work since Pool 1. Maybe Hela is what unlocks that deck?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

also just pulled my first pool 3 card and it’s……. Wong :letsgo:

I just pulled my first one and it's... Kingping? I'm whelmed.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

All my pool 3 pulls have no synergy so far: Kingpin, Rogue, Rocksilde. Though if ever I want to change it up I guess i'll try something. I stole this from Reddit if you're in the same predicament as me: https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-3-decks/. The guy made a deck with 1 pool 3 card per deck only so you can play around with your shiny new toy when you hit pool 3.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

the_steve posted:

Just pulled Captain Marvel.
I don't think I necessarily need her for anything, but I wouldn't mind trying to build a deck with her in it.

What sort of decks usually make the most of her?

Probably a control/lockdown deck I would assume? Storm and other combo disrupting cards that force them to overcommit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

How vital are Kang & DD here? I just picked up Wave and those are the only 2 I'm missing

Nice but not necessary. There are many variants of Galactus that are a mix of win cons / setup for Galactus.