Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Just started playing today and working my way through Pool 1, have a collection of 65 and sitting at Rank 38 while waiting for Daily Quests to refresh. Seems I’m pretty limited on progress at this point by Credits to actually level up all my cards and keep unlocking more. Don’t really have enough of any one archetype to focus on, mainly relying on the Pool 1 Reveal Package (Wolfsbane/Ironheart/White Tiger/Odin) to steal games at the end. Pretty fun, just wish there was more of a sense of progress when you are waiting for Credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Squiggly posted:

What collection level should I be looking at to obtain Angela? I'm at 46 and getting rng garbage

I think the “Random Card” unlocks are truly random, she could be the first card you unlock in the pool or the last.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

cirus posted:

Really stupid question but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to discard?

Some cards have On Reveal abilities to discard cards, like Blade or Lady Sif or Sword Master.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Regarding collection level, should I be rotating things out of my deck to put commons in to upgrade them to uncommon and just deal with a deck that isn’t too great or should I just be building up a working deck and upgrading as they come? Am I putting too much thought into this?

Fenris13 posted:

After only a few days of playing, my experience is that credits are the limit in upgrading, not boosters, so I would not build a deck around sub optimal cards just to get certain boosters. I have currently less than 200 credits right now, but I have over a hundred boosters on several different cards.

Because Credits are the limiting factor, it can make sense to try and force upgrades to your Common cards, because those upgrades are half Credit price compared to all other upgrades.

I created a “Jean Grey” deck with exclusively all the Common cards I owned, then just sacrificed a little bit of rank to essentially ensure an upgrade every match, replacing the new Uncommon with another Common each time. Even still won a couple matches too!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Froghammer posted:

I'm consistently confused which player's reveals resolve first when, because I frequently find myself Cosmo'ing a place expecting to shut it down only to have their reveals go off before mine

I forget the mechanism for deciding who goes first, but you can see who is going first next turn by seeing who’s name box is highlighted at the top of the screen

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Crini posted:

How did you get Blue Marvel in the first position without it duping?

Step 1: Bar Sinister Nightcrawler
Step 2: Move 1 Nightcrawler off Bar Sinister, play Blue Marvel
Step 3: Move the other 3 Nightcrawlers off Bar Sinister, play Onslaught

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

I would say send this to main VG and kill the other two.

I concur.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Reek posted:

The stars aligned and even survived the quad yondu and they ran before turn 3 even started. I JUST WANT TO SEE THE BIG NUMBERS

Don't worry, Grand Central would have hosed you over by throwing your Onslaught on Middle, they were just saving you from that rage.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

quiggy posted:

Is Squirrel Girl actually considered good? I haven't pulled her yet but I feel like she's more of a liability for my opponents than anything, like *maybe* you could use the squirrels as buff targets?

She’s good in a Kazoo deck where those Squirrels could be 5 power if you can stack Ka-zar/Blur Marvel/Onslaught in the same zone.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Pool one is up to collection level 214
Pool two is up to collection level 450 (although this thing I’ll link says 3 starts at 462)
Pool three goes up to thousands

So if you unlock all the cards you want and stop levelling things, you can stay below 214 till you cap out at 5k credits for a boost into pool two.

https://marvelsnap.io/card-database/?&sort=name&limit=20&offset=0

There is a credit cap of 5k?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Jedit posted:

Yes. You won't lose credits if something puts you over - if you complete a Hard mission at 4950 credits you'll go to 5050. But you can't do anything that would give you more credits if you're already above the cap, including opening boxes and completing missions. So you need to spend some, or you'll miss out.

Well poop, guess I can only avoid Pool 2 for so long then. Just pushed from 172 to 214 since I was at 4900 credits and just avoided getting burned on this before finding out about it. I’ll still get to push 100 CL into Pool 2 once it’s finally time to take the plunge at least.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I'm not really clear how the events/seasons work. I just downloaded the game and the news tab says it's Symbiote Season Pass but the season pass tab says it's Recruit Season. I don't even see where I would buy a season pass?

The Recruit Season pass is still basically the tutorial, you’ll unlock normal events after you are done with it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Ah, thanks. Am I correct that other than cosmetics/resources, the Miles Morales card is the only actual card reward that will be unavailable when the Symbiote Season ends?

Yes, and only temporarily, as it will eventually get added to Pool 3 for anyone to get.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Nybble posted:

That worked out very well for me when Hala moved to the middle location and THEN wrecked some of their cards like Mr Incredible. I doubt it comes up often, but I’m very curious how often the mechanics work that in that same order and what the tie breaker was.

Give me this crossover.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Serperoth posted:

Is the visual/effect on Lechuguilla bugged? It's supposed to give me three Rocks if I play something, right? When I play something, it shows rocks going into my opponent's deck (and vice versa)

Did you by chance also have the location where you draw cards from the opponents deck? If you have both, playing cards there will put cards in "your" deck, but your opponent will draw them, and I've seen the visual seem to account for that.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

PJOmega posted:

Is this speculation or confirmed by devs?

This is confirmed. For the same reason, Jubilee and America used to be a OP combo, because Jubilee used to pull from the top of the deck and America was more often than not located there. America stays at the top of the deck but now Jubilee pulls randomly from your deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

No Wave posted:

How is it that sandman is 1 power 4 cost and wave is 3 power 3 cost...

Because Wave was designed to sell a Season Pass.