Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DrManiac posted:

[e] Ok, after a few days I finally got to the part that's bullshit. To boil it down your ability to get cards is based on your collection level that you need credits to increase. What the game doesn't tell you is the cards you get randomly are segregated into different pools and you have to empty out a pool before you can start getting cards in the next. The problem is the base pool doesn't have a consistent set up/ pay off for the different deck archetypes so you're forced to run inconsistent decks.

I basically dominated every match until level 115 and am now getting bodied by people with pool 2 and 3 cards because they can make proper decks. My credits ran out so my getting access to cards has massively slowed so getting to the second pool to get to an even playing field is even farther away unless I want to take my wallet out.

That isn't actually the problem. In fact, you can't progress faster just by whaling out because you need boosters to upgrade as well as credits and apart from a few random ones on the Collection track the only way to get boosters for a card is to play with it and hope you get the right random boosters. I also believe there's a limit on how many credits you can buy; there's definitely a daily two-purchase limit on 150C for 120G. I don't know about the 500C for 400G because oddly the larger purchase is exactly the same ratio of credits for gold so there's no incentive to save up for it.

No; the problems are twofold. First, as you said there's the random pools. After about 2.5 weeks I'm at CL306 and have been absolutely hosed by RNG in both pools so far. I didn't get Elektra, Blade or Strong Guy until very late and the last two Pool 1 cards I got were Rocket and Scarlet Witch, which meant I couldn't build any of the good swarm decks. Then in Pool 2 my first two cards were Ebony Maw and Warpath, and halfway through the path I still haven't had either of the Dora Milaje. Okoye and Nakia are practically ubiquitous in top tier decks because they're completely busted. (The power creep apparently doesn't stop there, either - Reddit is full of Pool 2 players complaining that they're at a huge disadvantage to Pool 3 players.)

The second problem is that the short gaps early on in the Collection Level ladder and the way in which upgrades unlock actively mislead you on how to most efficiently level up. The cheapest way to gain CL is to upgrade cards from Common to Uncommon; it only costs 25C and 5 boosters so you can usually do it after getting a single booster reward, and it gives +1 CL. After that it's 100C/10B/+2CL cumulative per rank; Uncommon>Rare is 100/10/+2, Rare>Epic is 200/20/+4 and so on, up to Ultra-Legendary at 500/50/+10. But the missions - particularly Season Pass missions that are the prime method of gaining free gold and credits - frequently include "Upgrade a card" as an objective. This month one of the Season Pass missions required 12 upgrades, and failing to complete an SP mission costs you not only the XP (950 in this case) for the mission, but also 2500XP for completing all seven missions in the Chapter. That's almost 3.5 levels lost, which is worth several hundred credits usually. So the most efficient plan for upgrading is to upgrade one card as high as possible - preferably to U-L, where it splits out a new Common copy of the card with shiny special effects that can be upgraded again - and leave the Common cards until you get an upgrade mission. But this also doesn't get you cards as quickly in the early stages of play, and makes it very hard to win matches past a certain point.

There's also a third, lesser problem, which is the credit cap. You can't keep more than 5000 credits, so once your collection gets to high ranks across the board and boosters become your throttle you can find yourself losing credits simply because you can't spend them. That's only really an issue for people over CL1000, though, who can't hoard credits towards the next pool. Everyone else is spending them as they get them and rarely has a balance over 500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kris xK posted:

A new patch just dropped including the much prompted nexus events.... Which are loot boxes. For 2 cards. That could cost you 340$ to get.

There's a bunch of other poo poo but it's all terrible and it's not worth the effort posting about.

No, it is definitely worth pointing out that the one Pool 1 deck that could compete with Pool 2 and 3 decks has been nerfed into the ground. And that above Pool 2 cards now come from lootboxes on the ladder instead of being guaranteed, which unless there's some powerful loot protection means it's possible for an F2P player to become unable to obtain more cards. And that they've introduced these gacha boxes literally as the EU makes them illegal, removing a quarter of the globe from their market.

Also the weekly mission has been changed from completing 2 dailies 6 days a week to completing 35 dailies a week. This is meant to increase our flexibility - ignoring that unless you complete five dailies a day you can't actually get 35 dailies in a week anyway. You can spend gold to refresh your dailies if you fall behind, and assuming it gives you an easy and a hard that's the same return as a 120G purchase in the shop, but still. Oh, and because they dropped the patch midweek it's impossible to complete the weekly this week without a refresh if you had been doing your dailies. There are now five reward boxes, but believe me they'd better each be on the level of the intermediate weekly rewards from the old system.

Honestly, it's hard to think of any decision they could have made that was worse for the health of the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

LifeLynx posted:

In most card games, lightning fast aggro decks have the best chance to beat high powered decks. I have a hunch the aggro deck was nerfed because it was too effective against the purposeful power creep they put into the game to attract whales.

Pool 1 Kazoo wasn't a problem. It was the Dora Milaje that put it over the top. Okoye did get nerfed, but saying Kazar is too strong because he puts 9-11 power on the board for 4 energy when Nakia is still putting the same amount on the board for 3 energy is a loving joke.

Also since the nerf basically every top deck is a Wave/Jubilee deck. Jubilee got a technical nerf to stop her always hitting America Chavez - the way that card is coded is that if it would be drawn and it's not turn 6 you draw the card below instead, that's why you hit it so often with Yondu - but the Pool 3 decks have far better options than America and Wave can still only be used by people who bought the June season pass.

In a nutshell, the game is now only playable by people who were in the early beta test and can spend money. They've locked everyone else out.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

chaosbreather posted:

They’ve been clear that not being able to netdeck is a feature, not a bug and after playing it for a bit I have to agree with them. It’s super refreshing. I also agree with you that peoples expectations, that they want to and should play what the streamer is playing, are set entirely wrong and could easily kill the game, but npc bots are a lot easier to beat than humans so nbd imo

It's not "super refreshing" when you get bad luck with your opens and you don't get pivotal cards until the end of the pool. This happened to me in both pools 1 and 2: my last two pool 1 cards were Rocket and Switch (pre-nerf, when she was a crucial component of 1-drop Zoo), and coming to the end of pool 2 I'm still missing Morbius for the discard deck. And I'm sure it's just a strange coincidence that in Pool 1 I was playing 1-drop Zoo and in Pool 2 I've mainly been playing Discard.

Also the bots cheat, which is not fun. I played the same bot twice in a row, saw its entire deck in the first game. In the second game it played 11 identical cards plus one that it changed on turn 6 because I'd played around it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

chaosbreather posted:

This poo poo is what I'm talking about. You're looking at some kind of deck list and going 'oh no i need Morbius to fill in this list to achieve optium EV bleep bloop' instead of doing what the game is demanding of you, throw all your cards together and play with them and see which ones don't work and swap them around. you get boosters regardless, just play and have fun without expectations of winning or collecting.

like i have a tiger woman who makes tigers, how great is that? just chill and enjoy your free comic book friends

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that most people who play a strategy card game have higher aspirations than banging their action figures together like a five year old. I don't expect to be able to build any deck perfectly from day 1, especially not as an F2P player, but nobody is having fun looking at a pile of lovely 1-drops that can't win anything because you haven't opened Ka-Zar yet. And they've actually made this situation worse. Pool 1 used to be given in a fixed order, so you would gradually build your first decks and you could see how they came together, but now it's random. Combined with players having zero agency in how they acquire new cards, it's a very bad feeling.

Also I'm laughing my head off at "you get boosters regardless", because pretty much the entire Snap community despises boosters. They're a roadblock to new players building a collection and push them into wasting their initial credit bonanza on Fast Upgrades in the shop, but once you've played for a while credits become the bottleneck and opening boosters feels like opening an empty box because you already have more than you can ever use.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

And we still don't know what they're replacing Nexus Events with.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Go RV! posted:

i dunno where i heard about this from but it looks neat. just found this thread and lmao at everything posted so far

hopefully itll be good for a bit and not just a licensed game cash grab like most

Oh man, did you pick a time to join up. They dropped a patch last night before going home and it's completely broken the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nexus Events have not yet been replaced.

Re: the patch - it seems to have sorted itself now. The problem looks to have been server side, with the new client forcing a full resource download before you could act that took longer than the game does to play. You need to go into the settings and hit the big obvious download button before you can play, but after that it should be OK.

This is also the patch where the Weekly Mission got shortened from 35 to 25 missions, so that's an improvement.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Go RV! posted:

I can't play the game yet, no beta access and I'm much too lazy to download the APK, but still loving all these extremely good signs

You don't need beta access if you're willing to create an alternate Google account in Australia, NZ or the Philippines. Once you have the client you can even register under your main account in Snap and only use your alt account if you want to spend money. Nobody's yet questioned why I live in a cemetery in Manila, anyway.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

They really have realised how badly they hosed it. I imagine after the horrors of this morning - which persist, as haptic feedback is turning back on every time you restart the client - they're quite on edge.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

BoldFace posted:

I wonder if Marvel is forcing their hand and making them put the game out sooner than the team planned.

It's not up to Marvel. They've been paid for the license, they don't care. Nuverse are definitely going to be pressuring Second Dinner to release though; they've said the game will be out in 2022 and they don't want the first influx of customers to clash with Christmas spending. The colossal misjudgement on Nexus Events has also hosed up planned tie-ins with both Thor 4 and She-Hulk, costing them even more. They need to take this live and expand the audience.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

chaosbreather posted:

Credits are the most precious. Never buy boosters / alt art. Just don’t go to the store at all.

Whoa, there - everyone should visit the store once a day, they collect their 50 free credits. Just don't spend gold in it unless you have 400 and have used all three daily mission refreshes and desperately want a box right now. And never buy a Fast Upgrade for any reason.

Regarding upgrading: while it's cheaper to upgrade Commons than any other rarity, there is also a chapter mission every month to upgrade 12 cards. Save the cheap upgrades for that, even if it means you climb a bit slower. I always upgrade the highest level card that I have enough boosters for.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Go RV! posted:

Day 4 of playing report: Collection Level 176, Rank 49, Season Pass 36

I expect to hit 50 in both Rank and Season Pass before the end of the season.

Got a solid zoo list that has been doing work, low costs boosted by Kazar/Blue Marvel, with Iron Man and Onslaught. Attempts to move into a discard or Devil Dinosaur type deck have seen middling results at best.

Considering giving them :10bux: for the season pass, as it seems like the best value you're gonna get in this, but then I'd have to find a free VPN that has a country that this is out in and :effort:

I'm considering making a goon discord for this, to bounce deck ideas and stuff around, if there's any interest for that.

You don't need a VPN. Just set up a second Google account based in Australia, NZ or the Philippines and have your Play Store set to that when you open the client. It should detect your proxy's payment details even though your Snap account is registered to your real address. We're only three weeks out from global release anyway, though, so you'll only need to do this once.

I would advise you to keep your collection level low until you hit Infinite if you have a playable deck. You'll be matched mostly against low level bots and can hammer your way up the rankings quite swiftly. I didn't know this, powered my CL as much as an F2P player can and now get only the invincible cheater bots and Infinite players.

I don't really think that a goon discord is worth it for theorycrafting. The official discord has a ton of traffic and anything we could come up with will already have been worked out there and posted on MarvelSnapZone.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Be advised that there is a 5000 cap on credits, so you can't stay low forever without permanently hampering your progression. You'll typically gain about 600 credits a day before the weekly mission and the chapter missions are taken into account, so you'll have to gain 12 levels minimum per day from there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

New season is up, card of the month is Miles Morales. 4/5, costs 1 instead if a card moved last turn. Premium Pass also gives variants for Spider-Woman and Carnage, plus 400 credits and 900 gold. It remains the best deal in the game if you want to spend money. It's also cheaper if you buy it through the Nuverse shop as the app tacks a 5% fee on the top. You won't be able to buy the super-Premium version that gives you 10 free level skips, though; that's app-only. Getting to 50 is easy though, even more so this month as it's a 5-week season, so the only reason to put up another 255 pesos is if you think ten season caches are worth 300 gold.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Wheeee posted:

I haven't actually played this in like a month, are the high collection level bots still blatantly cheating?

Yes. They have been tweaked slightly to have a chance to throw the game, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

For anyone who is still interested: today is global release day. The game will be live in all countries on Android, iOS and Steam some time in the next 2-6 hours. You can still get the free Iron Man or Hulk variant if you preregister.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CitizenKeen posted:

I'm not opposed, but has anything changed? It's still Smash Up + Ben Brode + Marvel + Your Phone, yeah?

But sure, report it and ask. It's just gotta be clever.

It's now on Steam as well. :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Migertantix posted:

Correct. The most cost effective booster usage for gaining collection level is to upgrade all your common (gray) cards to uncommon (green). Once you've done that for all cards, it's more beneficial to upgrade one single card from common to infinite.

The first half is factually correct; the second half is not. It's a bit slower to increase CL by upgrading the highest level card you have boosters for, but it has two big advantages. Every month as part of the Campaign there are two missions to increase CL. One requires you to gain 20 CL, the other requires you to upgrade cards 12 times. Saving your grey upgrades for when those missions come up halves the cost of completing them, providing an immediate one-shot boost on the Season Pass track. Also when you upgrade a card to Infinite it splits, giving you a common copy of the card with a visual effect - the local equivalent of foil or golden. These cards can repeat the upgrade cycle, so you'll have more commons to upgrade when the missions come up and more cards to upgrade to boost CL.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Squiggly posted:

That's a whole lot of cards

Actually not sure if this is a bug or just unintuitive:

Oppo plays Jessica Jones on 4, bifrost goes off shifting everything to the right. Oppo then plays iron man at Jessica Jones new location and she still buffs herself?

Yes. Jessica and similar abilities affect the location where the ability was triggered. So if you play JJ at the Bifrost on turn 4, she will buff if you don't play a card at the Bifrost on turn 5.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

So this is pretty fun. 6 rounds, get in, get out. Nice design.

My questions so far: How do I get access to this symbiote battle pass the News tab is talking about? How do I move characters? (some locations have hinted this is an option.) Is there any system to what cards are picked to get upgraded at the end of a match? And I should always do it, right? That's what credits are for?

No, you shouldn't always do it. It's best to keep your CL capped at 214 or 474 for as long as you can, as matchmaking is determined in part by CL and those are the end points for Pool 1 and Pool 2. By staying low you'll be able to level faster against easier opponents. You also don't miss the chance to upgrade the card, as you can always do it from your collection page.

As to how you acquire boosters: at the end of each match you will get one booster for one card in your deck per round played. The selection is mostly random, but weighted in favour of cards that are still grey or green. (The only exception to this, which won't come up for you for a while, is that if Agatha Harkness is in your deck she will always be assigned the boosters.)

Moving characters is a function of certain specific cards. Some cards (Nightcrawler, Vision) can move freely, others (Iron Fist, Heimdall) move other cards, and Cloak gives any card the ability to move. Lastly there's Captain Marvel, who moves at the end of the game if you are losing and she can increase the number of locations you will win. This confuses the hell out of newbies - hardly a day goes by when someone doesn't report a "bug" where Carol didn't move to win that is almost always because of who had priority on turn 6 or because she can't see through Mysterio's illusions.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Fenris13 posted:

I am not a big fan of the Rocket style cards, especially the low costs ones as it is really hard to predict your opponent's moves early on.

Guardians aren't that hard to use early on once you know the game. Specifically, people are more likely to play to revealed locations than to hidden ones. There are some locations that you want to play to before they reveal because they restrict or prevent placement, but there's a lot more that you don't want to play to. Murderworld, Jotunheim, Oscorp Tower and especially The Superflow are obvious offenders, but there are others like Kamar-Taj where you lose an advantage rather than gain a disadvantage by playing there blind.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Also, in the season pass, the first reward is a Miles Morales card, not a variant. It's going to be available in other ways right? Since they've said everything will be F2P accessible

Miles will become available through normal collection methods in the first patch of Season 7, which will start in December. This is how it always works: the Season card can be obtained by buying the related Pass, then becomes unavailable to everyone in the next season, then becomes available to F2Ps and latecomers the season after.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Wheeee posted:

If you see a card with completely black and white art that's a bot

This is not true any more - Inkify is now available to humans. I personally have Inkify Antman and a variant Iron Man.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Game slaps. It's the first PvP mobile game I've gotten into, really.

I just had the funniest match: first location was The triskelion (fill each player's hand with random cards), and it gave me Agatha Harkness!

Agatha takes control of your game and plays for you. Opponent snapped at my extremely weird plays and I snapped back in the spirit of YOLO.

Obviously, Agatha won. GG ez.

When you finally get Agatha, be aware that she isn't totally random: she will always play herself if possible. And once she's out of your hand, you regain control of the game. There are Agatha decks that use Lady Sif to discard her and Ghost Rider to bring her back, Wave to make her cost 4 so she gets played earlier, and so on. However, the location Ego that does the same thing is totally random and will override Agatha.

Also if you start with Agatha in your deck she always takes the boosters.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Go RV! posted:

Is there a set method to how things upgrade? I just did my first double Infinite card, Bishop. I got Rainbow Hexes the first time, and my second was Rainbow Hexes (with orbiting pink lasers). My assumption is that I'm going to get Rainbow Gradient next, and then Gradient with Lasers, and then push into Gold/Ink?

It's semi-random. Your first split will always be a simple backdrop change - Prism, Foil or Rainbow - but from the third split on you can also get Inkify, and from the fifth you can get Gold. Additionally each split after the first can have one of three different effects attached: Flares (the orbiting lasers), Pulses or Kirby Krackle. You can't get the same combination of backdrop and effect twice, so right now there is a theoretical maximum of 15 splits. However, that's per card version so if you get a variant Colossus you can split that 15 times as well.

The only hinky thing is that while your first split on any given card will be a backdrop change only, this appears to be shared with variants. I split base America Chavez and Mojo once each and got backdrop only, but I've split their variants multiple times and they all have backdrop and effect. And I only ever split variant Okoye and Iron Man and their first splits were backdrop only.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Fenris13 posted:

Can anyone clarify what happens when one area ends in a tie? I thought the game looked at the winning power level of the other two areas and the highest was the winner, but I have lost two matches now where I had more power in my winning area than my opponent, and am starting to question my understanding of the tiebreaker system. Also, what is used for matchmaking, is it your rank or collection rank?

What Keen said about breaking ties is not 100% accurate. If one location is tied, the highest winning differential of the other two determines the winner - not the highest total power. Normally this will be the same person, but the Bar With No Name is won by having less power. So if A is tied 10/10, you win B 12/11 and I win the Bar -2/0, I win the match despite having 19 total power to your 22.

Matchmaking is based chiefly on CL banded by pool, so don't go above 450 until you're comfortably high ranked or you'll start facing Infinite players with full Pool 3 collections and the omniscient cheating bots. (It should be 474, but they moved Killmonger and Sandman from Pool 3 to Pool 2 and never to my knowledge adjusted the threshold.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Regarding the cards you never draw earlier than some turn (most obviously America, but I've seen a few Domino around too), where are they supposed to be within your deck? I've had America be destroyed by cards that destroy the top card of my deck sometimes so I wonder how that works

They're placed normally in your deck, but if an effect would cause you to draw them before the appropriate turn you instead draw the card below. I also think that the card won't be drawn before turn 6 even if you have no other cards in your deck, but that's hard to engineer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

Does this also mean that someone can’t Cable your America Chavez, but can Yondu it?

No. Amy Chav is more likely to get Yondu-d because she'll be the top card of your deck for up to 5 turns and has a 1 in 3 chance to be there from turn 1, but it's still as possible as for anything else for her to be on the bottom.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Wait until you play onslaught on that location. It can getting nutty. I see a 3,000 power location with iron man and onslaught.

People can and have hit the signed integer cap with Iron Man and Onslaught.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Theswarms posted:

Please tell me it rolls over.

It doesn't. It caps at 2^31 - 1, as you would expect.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Trying to run anything other than an Odin deck, or at least an On Reveal deck, feels like donating wins right now.

If you have the cards for it, IDEAL is pretty good right now. It's got natural shutdowns for Kamar-Taj shenanigans and a lot of power.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

Are there other Merge cards?

Not right now, but there has been a card datamined that merges all four cards at its location when the location is filled.

E: someone helped me out and I was slightly mistaken - it's the new version of Klyntar, and it merges all cards there into a Symbiote after turn 4.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 24, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

Anyone got any good pool 1 self destruct builds/advice on using them? I’ve got one going with Squirrel Girl, Nova, Angel, Carnage, Blade, swordmaster, Lady Sif and Apocalypse plus some filler.

Not sure if I’m missing something (tactically or in terms of key cards) but it just seems finickier than other deck styles and not sure about the synergy of Carnage and Nova in the same deck as I need to use Carnage to destroy Nova, but Nova wants lots of low cost card in other locations while Carnage wants lots of low cost cards in the same location as Nova to eat.

Discard isn't destroy, so you're trying to do two decks at once. Destroy doesn't really take off until Pool 2 though, when you get Skillmonger, Bucky and Sabretooth. And really you need Mysterio, Death and The Hood from Pool 3.

Pool 1 Destroy you should probably focus on janky one drops with good On Reveals. Something like:

Angel, Nova, Elektra, Korg, Squirrel Girl
Mister Sinister, Carnage, Angela, Wolverine
Ironheart

That leaves two flex slots, which could be Deathlok and Moon Girl for more consistent Novas and a spammy turn 6, Ka-Zar and another good 1-drop like Yondu, or White Tiger and Wolfsbane for another way to make a big lane.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I'm still new I guess, can anyone explain these card pools? I'm up to collection level 180 and I haven't seen "pools" mentioned anywhere, not even a Dead- one.

Cards are collected in random order, but you will always get all the cards from a given set before you get any from another. These sets are known as Pools. Pool 1 has 46 cards and is collected between CL18 and CL214; Pool 2 has 25 cards and is collected between CL222 and CL474. Pool 3 has 72 cards and is collected from CL486; this is also the point where you stop receiving a guaranteed new card at an interval. So while Pools 1 and 2 are roughly equal in size to Pool 3, Pools 1 and 2 take a total of 456 levels to obtain and Pool 3 takes around 2500 levels. However, Pools 1 and 2 do contain enough staple cards and archetype backbones to create competitive decks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Klungar posted:

I forget the mechanism for deciding who goes first, but you can see who is going first next turn by seeing who’s name box is highlighted at the top of the screen

Whoever is winning the match reveals first. If it's a tie it's random.

BoldFace posted:

They're also adding a new free currency called Collector Tokens that can used to buy randomly appearing cards from the shop. I assume the cards can be outside of your current pool, so even new players can get their hands on some pool 3 cards without grinding. Devs have also said that after collector tokens are added, they will start adding a new card to the game every week, which means that pool 3 is going to start growing pretty significantly.

Pool 3 isn't going to grow further once Collector Tokens are launched. After that point cards will enter Pools 4 and 5, which can only be bought with CTs. Once you've got the last Pool 3 card from the ladder - and possibly before - you'll have a chance to get CTs from further laddering.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Space Friend posted:

As for Uatu, hell yes definitely play him over quicksilver. The potential for an information advantage on the first 3 turns can help you stack to blow out your opponent or play around difficult locations. It's also great for mind games.

Uatu is better than Quicksilver outside of Hela decks, but he's still worse than any other 1-drop if you draw him after turn 2 - which is most of the time. Even Misty Knight is better because she gets buffed by Washington (and Patriot, once you hit Pool 3). Knowing the upcoming locations is just not worth playing the bad card.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

goferchan posted:

edit: just unlocked Ebony Maw after this which seems good in this but that's a hard card to evaluate

Depends on your deck. Just remember that while you can't play cards to his lane, you can add them or move them. You can also move the Maw to reopen the lane later on. Lastly, his drawback is an Ongoing effect so he will be buffed by Spectrum. The pro play is to drop him along with Armor on turn 3, so he doesn't get killed by Elektra or Skillmonger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Kind of annoying of the Symbiote event to need me to play a game with specific cards in my deck, when there's no guarantee I can have those cards

I did get a 20-power guy down earlier tho so that helps

Cap and Onslaught are at least Pool 1, and you can fill that out in a week. I think they're trying to encourage people a little to buy the Welcome Pack though, as that gives Cap for free.