Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The actual game part is fun. It’s like a micro version of gwent. The economy might be the scummiest I’ve ever seen in a tcg.

[e] Ok, after a few days I finally got to the part that's bullshit. To boil it down your ability to get cards is based on your collection level that you need credits to increase. What the game doesn't tell you is the cards you get randomly are segregated into different pools and you have to empty out a pool before you can start getting cards in the next. The problem is the base pool doesn't have a consistent set up/ pay off for the different deck archetypes so you're forced to run inconsistent decks.

I basically dominated every match until level 115 and am now getting bodied by people with pool 2 and 3 cards because they can make proper decks. My credits ran out so my getting access to cards has massively slowed so getting to the second pool to get to an even playing field is even farther away unless I want to take my wallet out.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I want to play a movement deck and I don’t need a netdecked list to know I don’t have the payout cards that would actually let the deck win.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Victor Vermis posted:

What don't you like about it?

It loving sucks not being able to gun for the deck you want. The way the pools work also mean that you straight up can’t play certain archetypes until a certain point.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Movement decks are fun but are extra vulnerable to getting hosed by location. Like, if you get space throne on mid you’re turbo screwed.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think it’s legit cool that this game doubles down on hearthstone’s rng bullshit but makes it work by having the matches be super short. Snap does some super flavorful poo poo that straight up wouldn’t fly in any other card game.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Serperoth posted:

This looks solid, and I have everything so I'll give it a spin.

How have you found Lizard? In Pool 1 I remember him as basically a big "You can neutralize me" signal when played against me, since I was playing Zoo, but there's also not really that many options for a "lean" 2-drop, with Cloak being 2/4 but opening you up to some risk

I’m mid pool 2 and decks are definitely quality over quantity now so lizard is pretty good now. 5 is enough pressure that a lot of time your opponent has to commit resources or give up the lane. If they do play 4 cards in his lane then it’s still a 2 for 2

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

They took out that awful gacha system and made the weeklies more manageable so the monetization isn’t as bad as it was.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is Ego dumb as poo poo in the comics too?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

My very last pool 2 card might end up being killmonger

[E] he was the one before the last pool 2 card lol

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 13, 2022

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What are the rates on the collector’s cache? Because getting a lovely amount of credits feels really bad when I’m missing pretty much every pool 4 staple.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So when does pool 3 leave the token shop?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Finally, I got enough to buy Thanos. Now I just have to wait for lockjaw to rotate in the shop.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I swear the match making is weighted somehow. I went from rarely seeing Thanos decks to fighting one every other match ever since I got him a day ago.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Cool, I got to play Thanos lockjaw a whole 2 weeks before it got nerfed. I'm extra salty because lockjaw was my season 3 shop card this month.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

crestfallen posted:

I keep getting the same ~5 cards in the series 3 rotation. I have way more than 5 to go. It’s kind of annoying.

Same. I don't remember this happening before either

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So is iron lad not going to series 4 this month?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think I'm done with this game. I saved everything since the announcement, and that was only enough to barely get one spotlight cache (I got living tribunal). To get the next one, I'd have to either spend or grind way more than I want. There's a ton of cool cards on the horizon, but lol at getting to actually play them.

Luckily, duel force is pretty fun despite low jank the client is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Did they stop doing the pool drops or something? I quit last year once the spotlight system released and iron lad is still pool 5.