Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
The grind is bad. There are so many menus and stuff to scroll through that I don't actually know what I'm missing. I haven't seen a menu system this "loud" in visual noise since WinAmp skins, it's kind of disorienting.

The gameplay screen is fine. I wish the cards had keywords as icons or something to tell what something does at a glance, but gameplay is quick enough that there's not too much information to process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The game is good, but: I don't like Marvel, the UI is awful only second to god drat Magic Online, and the grind is draining. At minimum they should eliminate all the loving screens you have to click through to complete missions and upgrade cards, just do that automatically. I hate finishing a match and having a popup to upgrade a single card and then going through my missions and season pass to get my rewards, then going into the season pass and collecting those rewards, then climbing the ladder, ad nauseum.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The UI has gotten better at least? No more hunting for what you need and tapping a bunch of screens... but it still could be better.

In most card games, lightning fast aggro decks have the best chance to beat high powered decks. I have a hunch the aggro deck was nerfed because it was too effective against the purposeful power creep they put into the game to attract whales.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Crackbone posted:

Game looked great but I don’t think I’ve seen a bigger “gently caress you” from a dev before. This poo poo is dead before arrival.

A game dev's dirtiest money-making tactic is to add some greedy and outlandish whale-bait to the game. Then when the community rightfully complains, put out an announcement saying "We've listened to the feedback and made changes" and dial back the ridiculousness to 70%. The community relaxes and is content to only be mostly ripped off, because they feel like their complaints made an impact. Rinse and repeat. In Snap's case though I don't see much of an exit strategy.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get why the title mentioned Smash-Up until my friend asked about Smash-Up. It's been a long time since I played it. I remembered the broken deck combination possibilities and ~wacky~ pirates/ninjas/zombies stuff, but I forgot the location part. That's good, it means the location mechanic isn't an original trademark and maybe some better company will swipe the idea.