Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

I've got the same concern, I feel like I've definitely played a lot in the last two days, and I'm running on fumes trying to get new cards. I'm not much of a mobile gamer but the multiple currencies and time gates on collection building via credits might quickly turn me away.

Core gameplay is excellent, though I don't like the 'draw from the other deck' effects at all, and I seem to see them once every few games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

It feels like the game/devs just doesn't deserve any hype yet. I'm really in love with the core game, but they whiffed so hard on the collection building. I think like it's okay to miss, but during beta I would expect some transparency around how they're taking the very consistent feedback they're getting in their discord... But instead it's empty.

Love the game, I wish I could give the game some money and be able to play the decks that sound cool in it. Instead, I have to play with some pieces for other decks that might be interesting. It doesn't feel good, and it doesn't feel promising that they're still not engaging with the feedback.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

I feel a little schadenfreude right now. I know betas are largely demos at this point, but the devs for this game made no attempt to appear to be interested in addressing beta tester feedback. If the game crashes and burns because they dug too greedily, I chose to simply think that is Very Funny.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

Besides, I win pretty much every game all the time because there’s only bots around to play me and I’m having a great time, very good feeling. No Ka-zar yet, not looking at deck lists, just enjoying solving the puzzle by myself without cheating instead of implementing some nerd’s spreadsheet and playing some tired metagame. It’s honestly the chillest I’ve been playing a phone game forever.

You're playing a lot of bots in part because the sentiment expressed in this thread is common, and everyone uninstalled to grind their eyeballs with sandpaper instead of worship a game system some predatory dev wrapped around the wallet inspector.

Do you think you'll be having fun in a month when you're still only playing bots?