Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can we get something in the OP about how this whole card level up upgrade thing works? I had six green orbs and accidentally upgraded Thing and now I only have one and that leveled me up but now I need more.

I think you are referring to boosters? Boosters are tied to each individual card. If you want to upgrade a single card from common (gray) to infinite (the last upgrade) it will cost 155 boosters. However, this opens up the ability to split the card with a special effect starting at the common level again. You can currently farm boosters for a card if you leave it at common while all your other cards are at least uncommon (green frame) or higher (blue, purple, orange, red, etc.) until you get 155 and upgrade it all at once. Otherwise, the boosters are dispersed randomly to one card at the end of each match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

Can any beta vets comment on collection building? Always be upgrading, so that my collection level ranks up and I unlock more cards right? No point in hording those green upgrade currencies?
Correct. The most cost effective booster usage for gaining collection level is to upgrade all your common (gray) cards to uncommon (green). Once you've done that for all cards, it's more beneficial to upgrade one single card from common to infinite.

Also, never use the quick upgrade option in the shop as it's not worth it. However, you want to check the shop daily to get your free 50 credits and view the new variants for your collection if you're interested in that.

I'm currently at collection level 3265 for reference.

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

I just completed pool 3 at collection level 3,454. Hell Cow was my final card to unlock. Time to revisit my Hela deck!

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

Squiggly posted:

Why does cyclops exist and is there a chance they make him playable?

I feel like every other card is somewhat playable except for him

He's good in a Patriot deck, but you don't unlock Patriot until Pool 3. I don't think I pulled Patriot until I surpassed 3000 in CL so I had to wait quite a bit to be able to create a deck around him.

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I just popped Mystique in my Patriot deck, seems like a good call. I had Onslaught there and she does effectively the same thing for 3 cost instead of 6. If you time it right you can drop her and Patriot together on turn 6 for a fun surprise
I play an AMP version. Magik on 5, Apocalypse on 6, Mystique and Patriot on 7. No one expects a 17 power rock, squirrel or Wasp. You just need to ensure you have three slots open in one location to land it so you have to be conscious of filling your board with tokens.