Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

CitizenKeen posted:

Marvel Snap is a pooping game. If I'm on Steam, I'm playing almost anything else. But sure.

Steam deck exists now, steam and poop is a possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Jedit posted:

People can and have hit the signed integer cap with Iron Man and Onslaught.

Please tell me it rolls over.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Hulkbuster has a lot of fun little edge cases. Personal favorite, using Hulkbuster on itself at Cloning Vats (puts a copy of the card you played in your hand). You can combine that with Deadpool and/or Venom for extra fun.

Cloning vats carnage is also very funny. Casually crushing hulks with my two drop.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Having fun with destroy in pool one, but how am I supposed to be using Carnage? Make him big, or is okay to be burning him on 1 or 2 cards? I get that the dream is to have him eat, say, Nova, Wolverine, and a Squirrel, but if I bust him out on just a Nova/Wolvie did I waste him? Seems like it's still free bonus stats for 2 energy.

Nova wolvie is fine, its more a question of when you do it - doing this too early isn't great because you have no board to buff, so the latest you can play carnage without wasting energy is usually key.

In counterplay to this deck, destroying the opponents nova before they can develop their board is usually good, so you its a good idea to only play nova when you are ready to destroy him - else you'll get mad at an opponents killmonger/electra.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Onehandclapping posted:

I've been having pretty good success running this destruction deck:
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Angel
# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Sabretooth
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJ1Y2t5QmFybmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXJuYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb2x2ZXJpbmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhYnJldG9vdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb2Jnb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aGxvayJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Killmonger is an all time MVP, but I find squirrel girl puts out non-committal bodies that combo well with carnage and give you wide coverage. Jessica and hobgoblin are good bodies since you're often waiting to do a high value combo while dropping little pieces, and hobgoblin doesn't mess up your board and Jessica is just a big body somewhere you're not planning to develop. Wolverine is serviceable, but sabretooth often has crazy combo potential depending on location. Angel is a card that makes me angry every time I draw it, which is often, but he's a cheap enough body that I rarely care. Enchantress is in the deck because she's in all of my decks, shutting down an entire strategy with an okay body is a good use of a card imho.

Every variant of this deck I tried until I got killmonger fell flat on its face unfortunately, it's just a stupidly high value card as a third destruction engine and one of the only sweepers in the game.

What kind of location shenanigans can you do with Sabretooth?

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Onehandclapping posted:

He's got a couple good ones, obviously he's really good with cloning and killing locations, but also he's fantastic with handbuff and cost-restricted locations, since when he dies he comes back as a 0 cost, which the restrictions don't apply to. He's a really solid card and a fun combo piece, highly recommend.

I have learned that him and carnage do work great in the current boosted location. Carnage doubles AFTER eating and Sabretooth keeps the double damage so you can just play him again and have quadruple.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Waffleopolis posted:

My only gripe for credits is I wish you can grind for some, but be small. 5 credits per game, 10 if you win the game. Allows me to still work to increasem y rank but also not be stalled on increasing my CL.

You sort of can - you still get season pass progress per match, even without dailies/season quests. The 50+ boxes then can reward credits.

It's deep in randomisation though.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

parasyte posted:

Back-of-envelope math says you have an expected value of about 32 credits per Season Cache (25% chance of 50, 10% chance of 100, 5% chance of 200) . You get 10 XP for a location you've won, and 1 XP per turn played, intuition suggests maybe 25 per game with enough variance I couldn't really guess more accurately than that. Anyway that'd average 40 games for 32 credits. It's a hell of a grind once you're out of gold and missions, and the variance involved in the caches means you might go a long time without any credits.

I expected it would be a bad return, thanks for doing the math on it! Technically you are also getting other rewards, but even then thats so slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Yep, since cards in dark dimension aren't revealed, on reveal effects don't take place until the end of the game. This can be good - its a nice place to tuck away a killmonger for instance without having to save the play until the end of the game.