Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

the sex ghost posted:

Interest in kante too apparently, based on a graun article with zero quotes. Chelsea are planning a Big Rebuild, of the two midfielders would prefer to get rid of jorginho but could be tempted by a big bid for kante since he's been in and out of the team

Kante, de Jong, Rice, Kalvin . Who you choosing

Is anyone at Leeds talking about stealing Flynn Downes off us when you lose Phillips, or is that just our own fans massively overestimating how in-demand (and good) our players are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Silly Season off to a fitting start as Gareth Bale is being linked with a move to ...... Cardiff:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61707688

That's been the leading rumour for a while. Cardiff to prepare for the World Cup, retirement if we didn't qualify.

He's not really good enough to get the minutes he needs in the PL between now and November. Bottom half sides won't be able to carry him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Has he actually dropped off that much? He's 32 and was decent enough for Spurs twelve months ago.

Feels more like he's reached the David Bentley point of having enough money (and European Cups) saved up to not give a poo poo about getting up first thing in the afternoon to go to training any more

Fully fit maybe he's still a top 4 player but he's not been fully fit for literally years so the Championship is the ideal level for him to choose when he plays and try to style on good-not-great defenders.

He did a good job for Spurs but 900 minutes over a full season isn't what the doctor orders if we're to win the World Cup. If he's not fit Brennan Johnson is coming for his position.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It took Pele to stop us last time we were at a World Cup. Realistically who is up to his level in the modern game?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Aguerd to West Ham is a DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/westham/status/1538839085468397569?s=21&t=36ZHbFZ2r-O8_tzxH16P3A

Not really seen much of him but seems to be rated highly

Why the long face?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

the sex ghost posted:

Feel like there must be some significant add ons because that seems awfully low

Game's gone.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Every footballer should rinse their employer for everything they can get. Especially one of the best players in the world, at one of the richest clubs in the world.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheRat posted:

Tbh I feel like that would be less of an issue at Forest than at Chelsea. Nobody at Forest would have the shame to demand parity with Ronaldo.

Brennan Johnson just got a match highest earner clause put in his new contract.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

Looks like West Ham are signing Flynn Downes from Swansea. Paging sassassin to tell me if he's any good please

Yeah he's pretty good. Defensive midfielder, strong and quick, gets stuck in. Best passing success rate in the Championship last season, almost all short, safe, sideways and backwards. Very good at carrying the ball forward but doesn't do it enough imho. I think the coaching didn't help but he mostly seemed to want to shuffle the ball off to someone else (Grimes, Naughton, even the clogger centrebacks we would push into midfield) and let them play football, while he dropped back in as a sweeper. If Moyes tells him "just run forward, son" he could be brilliant. He's definitely got the physicality and skills to succeed in the PL.

Does get wound up easily, though. Gets into fights, puts in blatant revenge tackles. Was the same at Ipswich.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jesus WEP posted:

we love a good mentalist at west ham though so this is grand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPqHhIdGBkw

This is a Downes (4) classic.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ungratek posted:

£17.5 for Neco Williams just screams “Liverpool fleecing a team” like they always did to Bournemouth

If Djed Spence is costing Spurs £20m then Neco's worth that much as well.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Total Meatlove posted:

The dragon takeover continues;

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1546826778886524928

To join Lawrence who signed from Derby on a free.

Lock up your little old ladies, the boy racers are on the buckfast.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Isn't he a winger/striker?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Steve Cooper loves Gibbs-White. He played for us I think twice before getting injured and as soon as he was fit Wolves recalled him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheRat posted:

Speaking of Charlie, I wouldn't mind a bit of Charlie Savage game time this season. He seems like the real deal.

I saw him play twice for Wales u21s last season and he's just a poo poo Oli Ewing.

We all love a bit of nepotism though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jippa posted:

Am I right in thinking that dan james is shite? I remember everyone talking about how quick he was when he signed for utd (which is generally a bad sign). I can't remember ever watching him play (which is another).

He's a good lad who tries hard, and will be winning the World Cup this winter.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We've signed Luke Cundle on loan from Wolves, which is just bizarre to me because our manager has been whinging about not having money to fix the holes in the squad for weeks and this lad seems to play the one position we actually have strength and depth. He's going to be sat on the bench unless he can displace the club captain and a club legend. Or play wingback.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Dan James goes to Spurs on loan I will be doing some lmaos for sure.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We've signed on loan the brilliantly named Armstrong Oko-Flex who is a striker we will probably force to play wing back and then send back in January having barely kicked a ball.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

He’s more of a direct, goal-scoring winger than a striker. Similar to Jarrod Bowen from what I’ve seen from him. Lots of pace, surprisingly powerful for his size and scores a lot cutting inside.

Our manager has already said he needs time to get up to fitness and to learn to play wingback lol unlucky Mr. Oko-Flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

He'll rip up the Championship next season.