Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Is Ajax just being dissolved now that Ten Hag has left? It feels like the entire first team is in the process of being sold to someone else

that is every season tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Several Italian outlets say that Mkhitaryan to Inter on a free is wrapped up. Seems like a good move for him and for the club, he can take over Vidal's role as the veteran midfielder coming off the bench.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

me too, he can't stuff Juve into a locker anymore

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Did you quote the wrong post

edit:

I mean, Ferguson did tell him to gently caress off believing Pogba didn't have what it takes to play in the premier league despite having all the attitude and so an academy player left the club at the end of their contract, so it goes for hundreds of academy players at loads of clubs year in year out. Fast forward to 2016 and Ed Woodward, feeling he needed to establish dominance over Ferguson in the board room, decided to "correct" a Ferguson mistake and brought Paul Pogba back to United amidst much fanfare. A Paul Pogba that somehow shone in a midfield of Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal, to be the lynchpin and star of Manchester United's midfield. For an astronomical fee and astronomical wages.

6 years later, Ferguson was right, Ed Woodward is a loving idiot.

Yes, but counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuK6r2-ziM

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

It looks fairly likely that Cucurella will be going to Man City as Brighton are rumoured to be signing a replacement in the fantastically named Destiny Udogie (currently with Verona).

Udogie is very good. I was hoping Juve would sign him but that’s not looking likely now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

bro how is this poo poo still going on. how do they just keep signing people despite not being allowed to. its nuts

Don’t worry, they’re selling the rights to have weddings on the Camp Nou pitch, it’s fine

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

i have quite literally no idea why every club is seemingly enamored with scammaca

he's good :shrug:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

Nobody’s been able to explain to me how Arteta’s tactics could make Lacazette miss what felt like dozens of tap-in goals.

Ah, now the Arsenal pursuit of Morata makes sense.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1538596447133868033
Rumors that Newcastle, Chelsea and Man Utd are all considering him, it does seem like he's going to move clubs again this summer for sure.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tetsuo posted:

Lot of great sour grapes milanista chatter that kuluku getting the call up is the preferred move to botman anyway and we're buying a dud.

Huffing that copium. Kululu rules, but the Milan front office literally aren't being given any money to spend right now. They'd have signed Botman and Sanches both if their ownership would write a check, but instead...

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

i thought milan were rich now or something. indian billionaires or redbird idk theres too much stuff to remember

They were just sold by one American investment group to another American investment group (a minority owner of Liverpool btw). The new owners don't officially take over until after the transfer market is closed so they can't put in any money right now, and the old owners aren't willing to spend on players in the meantime.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Even worse I think they’re doing it just to be able to register Kessie and Christensen.

It’s even worse than that, the next deal mortgaging their future that will be completed soon will get them to that state.

https://twitter.com/jcperez_/status/1542618338941177858?s=21&t=hhBS_txpteMOeEfLMIQDcg

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simiain posted:

Richarlison-Kane-Son the dirtiest front three in all of world football history? (Son is always diving, remember)

There have been a few front threes that have included Luis Suarez, so no

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

Felipe Melo

the correct-est answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roWIYP5bGM0

e: lmao that this video is age restricted

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Oh christ we're going to try and replace Ronaldo with him aren't we...

He is an Ajax legend after all…

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1545471703127580674

one year deal before he goes back to Argentina next summer

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Sid Lowe posted an article early today that allegedly explains Barca's short term financial situation, aka "how are they getting away with this?", but since it's Sid Lowe it faffed around for a few paragraphs without getting to the point and I gave up reading it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Malik Tillman, another “lived his whole life in Germany but is USMNT eligible” dude

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

will bremer finally move

we should know whether he's going to Inter (probably) or Juve tomorrow, if the rumors are right

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

will bremer finally move

He will op

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1549410997437358082?s=21&t=y7pyd37JhCQBKkvhCJpUMw

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Hmm maybe that means Kostic to Juve will actually happen

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Is he

Are you sure he isn’t just poo poo

He’s not a pure DM, which is what I think I see Utd supporters wanting from him. He’s a basically a box to box type that is strong making last ditch tackles in front of his own penalty area, and can carry the ball forward by himself ok, but offers zero attacking threat once he ventures forward past the halfway line. He can’t cross or create chances. You can’t really play him in a pivot type role, because he can’t distribute or even just recycle possession well enough and can get himself cornered because he’s so one footed.

He is just a worse version of Matuidi.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
lol if Juve get €20m for Rabiot

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I’m legit cheering OP we just need to sign literally anyone for the midfield.

I think Paredes is coming in after Rabiot is official and Rovella is on loan to Monza.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Gonna lose my mind when a club announces a transfer by saying Bold It!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
We’ll see you in QCS smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Can't help but wonder if this is just Man U doing that thing where they feign interest in big names who don't want to sign for them to appease the fans when they get rowdy.

If so, that shtik isn't working anymore and is just amplifying the supporters' rage