Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

its funny that schteve is more accomplished than multiple post fergie managers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1528421193472172035

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
More and more people are saying this

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Wicked, wicked

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

drat 5 frauds in one picture

tbf I've reached the age where all upcoming football managers now look like you can hire them for a half-day SQL course

weren't owt wrong with a big fat man with a provincial accent and an expensive coat

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

FullLeatherJacket posted:

tbf I've reached the age where all upcoming football managers now look like you can hire them for a half-day SQL course

weren't owt wrong with a big fat man with a provincial accent and an expensive coat

Apart from the boozing, the misogyny and the poo poo football they were fine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
manchester is fully fraud status now

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hell, if having a bald fraud manager is what it takes to win the league these days I'm ok with it

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Brentford are massive.

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1528616681349779456?s=20&t=dxOArX1JDON5hkioFZLEag

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
cant wait for the sick rear end world cup gently caress

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Apparently that's using last year's wages, so Brentford is probably a bit higher £-wise, if not any higher in rank

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1528806160505118720?s=21&t=TBabJStifPklfXrzKzmQeQ
must-watch content.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hopefully he doesn't drive home

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Any news if Eriksen is going to stay at Brentford or go back to Spurs and such?

Eriksen and a full year at Brentford would be cool and good so of course it wont happen

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

While much has (rightly) been made of our spectacular collapse, I think there should be more scrutiny on Brenda's performance with Leicester last season than there has been. 8th and only a point ahead of Brighton/Wolves is a disaster for that squad imo

Squad? The first team is decent, but they’ve had injuries and nowhere near the squad to cope with playing in Europe (which they prioritised, rightly).

Missing out on Europe is ridiculous and might hurt them in getting the extra 5 depth players they need to actually cope next time.

I’m more upset with West Ham failing at the final hurdle to top Man Utd. So loving close, again. And if they lose Rice, even for £1 billion they might not be close again for a while.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

wooger posted:

Squad? The first team is decent, but they’ve had injuries and nowhere near the squad to cope with playing in Europe (which they prioritised, rightly).

Missing out on Europe is ridiculous and might hurt them in getting the extra 5 depth players they need to actually cope next time.

I’m more upset with West Ham failing at the final hurdle to top Man Utd. So loving close, again. And if they lose Rice, even for £1 billion they might not be close again for a while.

I think Rice in the Zaha bracket of too expensive to move. Who's going to pay £100m for him when Phillips, Tchoueami, Bellingham and others are available for price points to suit all budgets.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

tarbrush posted:

I think Rice in the Zaha bracket of too expensive to move. Who's going to pay £100m for him when Phillips, Tchoueami, Bellingham and others are available for price points to suit all budgets.

Tchouameni is by all accounts going to Real Madrid, Bellingham is 150mil+ and Phillips wont cross the Leeds - Man Utd barrier.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Zaha actually just loves playing for palace, boyhood fan and definitely not on the phone to his agent via bluetooth during games

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hope Bernardo Silva thanked Grealish for not even making it onto the pitch for their biggest game of the season, lol.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

are there any international matches coming up with the world cup being in winter that jared bowen can play for england in

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

There's bound to be some meaningless friendlies to ensure that lazy players are kept busy printing money. This nonsense about 'recovering' and 'holidays' must be stamped out.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Marking off the days on my calendar until the Emirates cup

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so burnley getting relegated means that £65m of their leveraged buyout requires paying immediately when the £90m needed repaying by 2025 otherwise

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

are there any international matches coming up with the world cup being in winter that jared bowen can play for england in

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61566019

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:catstare:

https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1529117195351076864

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1529142912675729409

lmao

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I can understand, seeing as how that's not news - Man U's been rubbish for a while.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

five right backs, sick squad

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/24/government-did-encourage-premier-league-to-approve-saudi-newcastle-takeover

quote:

Boris Johnson’s government worked for months to encourage the Premier League to approve the controversial Saudi Arabia-backed takeover of Newcastle United, a Guardian investigation can reveal.

The extensive efforts to facilitate the deal, led by Johnson’s minister for investment, Lord Gerry Grimstone, were made despite the government, and Johnson, repeatedly saying publicly that they had no involvement in the takeover talks.

Grimstone became involved in discussions with the then Premier League chairman Gary Hoffman, and Saudi representatives, apparently up to the office of the crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, to try to help secure a takeover the government considered to be in the UK’s strategic and economic interests. Grimstone’s work appears to have extended as far as trying to broker a solution to the Saudi piracy of Premier League and other sports TV rights bought by the Qatari broadcaster BeIN, which was seen as a barrier to the takeover being approved.

Grimstone, a former Barclays chairman, was made a life peer in March 2020 by Johnson then appointed minister at the Office for Investment. Its stated role is to “use the authority of Number 10 Downing Street to work across government to break down barriers to landing top-tier investments”.

More in the link.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
get in boris lad. always liked him.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The worst part is that cunts like these always get away with it.

minema
May 31, 2011

Frankston posted:

I hope Bernardo Silva thanked Grealish for not even making it onto the pitch for their biggest game of the season, lol.

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1528828111172915202?s=20&t=J4RtBUjbdsY0w1v2tXAMxA

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

:hmmyes:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Unfortunately the horrible noise in the background ruins the whole thing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
manchester you mean

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he apparently gets a trophy for this?

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1529825658313945090?s=20&t=8TWczJx2z6NxV2h_0rZ_CA

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

God I hate that pissy american garbage. "Oracle Most Powerful Goal" gently caress off

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

well i don't think oracle would get on board with "thundercunt banger of the year" to be quite honest

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Slotducks posted:

well i don't think oracle would get on board with "thundercunt banger of the year" to be quite honest

Rooney retired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Where's the fastest sprint award. Biggest heat map. Hardest tackle. Opta leaving money on the table here