Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Charenton_ posted:

HELLO GENTLEBEARDS.

I love your haaaaaaair :swoon:

Greetings, Goons. I graduated yesterday. I kind of love this quick selfie I took to send to my cousin as we were lining up

Sent with the caption "just saw a dude pull out a Bluey vape"

I was literally the first person in line. Period.

I graduated first of my class :haw: :fyadride:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Congrats on the graduation

Thank you!

kalel posted:

congradulations

I'm copyrighting this joke btw

It's a good joke :hmmyes:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

If it helps I am in my 30's and just got my Bachelor's, so maybe that's where the confusion comes from? :shobon: And I was definitely lurking this forum for a few years as a teen before finally reg-ing

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

MEIN RAVEN posted:

gently caress yeah congrats. Graduating at any time is a big deal. I was nowhere close to first in my class, and I'm not sure I could've been even if I tried.
Thank you so much!! First in my class is actually kind of a joke...I was literally the first person, period, to walk across the stage, so I keep joking, "yep, I graduated 'first in my class' :downs:" and just let people fill in the blanks themselves

syntaxfunction posted:

That's legit and cool as gently caress tho! What was your degree in? Congrats at the graduating, you done did good and you should be super proud of yourself :cool:

Thank you, thank you! This is the least like poo poo I've felt in quite some time :boom: seriously, school is hard and can feel like such an uphill climb. But I am now a certified Bachelor Computer Toucher

And seriously, to anyone in this thread that needs to hear it, it's never too late to go back and finish school, or go back for a second time! I was not even close to the oldest person in my class, so don't worry about being too old. And even if you are the oldest, every one is there for the same reason you are, so don't sweat it :)

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Congratulations for real. I've attempted college like 5 times and I do absolutely excellent and top of the class for a while and then crash and burn. Every single time. I guess I do that with every endeavor though.

I have no idea how many credits I have. Probably enough for an associates degree somewhere at the very least.

I'm very happy for you and you should be proud of yourself. :)

Thank you, I am :shobon: It was hard, I definitely feel you on the crashing and burning--the past couple of quarters it was like, "just pass. gently caress your gpa, just pass," especially with coming out of COVID times, it was definitely and adjustment.

Don't be afraid to try and go back, if you think about it :)

Hackers film 1995 posted:

yeah congrats on beating (in line) all those other losers in your class. jk. i have buddy that just did the same thing but at 40!

Congrats to your buddy!! :slick: That's awesome!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah man, post face

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I wish I could take the choo-choo to work :smith:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Congrats on graduating! I'm in my mid thirties and think about going back to school, so this is inspiring.
I'm so happy to hear that! I'm rooting for you, friend!

esit:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Me too. I've had the same haircut for the most part since I was like 15. Short, kinda militaryish. I can't do a lot with it because it was always thin and I started going grey at about 16. I did the fauxhawk for years but wanted to just go all out. I didn't have to worry about a job or anything so I decided to try a mohawk at like 30 something years old. Went a bit minor at first and then did all of it. I could only do what my hair would allow so it didn't turn out well but I'm very glad I did it because I always wanted to try it.

I did a fauxhawk for a while and I loved it. Looking good!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

needs moar belts, frankly.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Keep the animal pics coming

and whatever the gently caress this is :hmmyes:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

And why can't she? :colbert:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

digitalist posted:

These are some sweep pups and kitties, I wish I had a sweet pup and some kitties.

The orange cast is from the forests being on fire and I'll blame the worried look on the same, at least we're getting some good music to play humanity out.

edit: that took a lot longer than I expected it to. Back to fixing things.

I like your hair :hmmyes:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I love the pikachu onsie hanging up next to the very official looking filing cabinet

Edit: also I love your vest

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

digitalist posted:

Thanks! I'm pretty new to long hair, I can thank social distancing and avoiding barbershops for that. My initial thought was to just get it cut and donate it whenever I would need to be presentable again but looks I ended up growing somewhat attached to it. I don't often wear it without an elastic, it's constantly getting in my eyes but I should take a selfie without it, I think I like it more that way. If someone more knowledgeable wants to recommend what I could do to keep it manageable without an elastic, I'm all ears. I would imagine you can use hair spray or something along those lines to keep it in check.

I've been regrowing my hair, too, after years of pixie cuts. Something I've been doing to keep my hair out of my face (since it's still a bit short for an actual ponytail) is I've been using pomade to...I don't know how to describe it other than brush my hair back with my fingers. Basically I put the product on my fingertips (You could pretty much just do the same with hairspray as long as you don't let it get too dry) and then I brush my bangs out of my face, but because I'm using product it helps to tame the worst of the stuff that gets in my eyes. It's great fro days I don't feel like just pulling my hair back in a head band want to feel like I styled my hair a little, without doing too much

...I apologize if that didn't make much sense. I'm literally sitting here trying to clearly articulate a very simple thing that I do and coming up short :eng99:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Ironhead posted:

Long time listener, first time caller. Just came off a two week load and first day back in town I'm helping a buddy re arrange his townhouse.

He forgot to mention he got a new (as of yet nameless) tiny creature.

Right now we're leaning towards Rocky cause I said he looks like Rocky Road ice cream.

Dixville posted:

Oh yeah I also have a good pet selfie. They all jumped up on the couch behind me randomly while I was already taking pictures so I actually got them all in a pic with me together, which I don't think has ever happened.

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

This is the content I crave

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My childhood dog finally left us. He made it to 22. Here's a throwback to high school in his honour

the rainbow bridge is real and I will be seeing this good boy again

poodle haters do not respond to me

So sorry for your loss :( What a beautiful boy!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Me (trying to look normal after three glasses of wine) and my dad's cat, who is much cooler than me

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

MSPain posted:

i tried to do an impression of you but my cat really didn't want to wake up

Ehehe we have the same glasses :yum: your cat is making the perfect cat face

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Big glasses crew! Love it. I’ll try to find a pic with my pups to post later. For now, my coworker made huevos divorciados to celebrate my divorce becoming final! It was almost delayed until after my wedding date, but I got it moved up through sheer force of will.
Big glasses crew! :boom:

Congrats on the divorce!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Valko posted:

Sorry for inflicting that on what should be a nice happy thread.

People gotta vent. I'm sorry, I wish there was anything I could say that isn't an empty platitude