Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Plenty of artists have greatest hits albums, and often we'll disagree with them. So here is your chance to come up with your own greatest hits!

The concept - to me at least - is fairly simple. Take an artist's primary released discography - this excludes singles, greatest hits albums, compilation albums, lost albums, never-released albums, and albums they merely appear on (deluxe editions count only one time, it's either the regular edition or the deluxe edition) - and generate a list of greatest hits. But there's a catch. The numbers gotta match up, meaning you have to pick a single Track 1 from among the albums for the GHG album track 1, a single track 2, etc.

Let's take, say, Post Malone as an example. His main albums are Stoney, beerbongs & bentleys, and Hollywood's Bleeding. Therefore, for track 1 of the Posty GHG, one would choose between "Broken Whiskey Glass", "Paranoid", and "Hollywood's Bleeding". Personally for me, this is a toss-up, but I gotta go with "Hollywood's Bleeding. Posty GHG track 2 would be between "Big Lie", "Spoil My Night", and "Saint Tropez"; another tough call but "Spoil My Night" always gets me singing. Make sense?

You can either do one that is the length of their shortest album or their longest album; in the case of the latter, the same rules still apply. "Sugar Wraith" wins by default (and it just wins) because it is the only track 18 across the 3 albums.

For a further example, I'll post my Post Malone personal Greatest Hits.

quote:

1. Hollywood's Bleeding (Hollywood's Bleeding)
2. Spoil My Night (beerbongs & bentleys)
3. Enemies (Hollywood's Bleeding)
4. Zack and Codeine (beerbongs & bentleys)
5. Takin' Shots (beerbongs & bentleys)
6. White Iverson (Stoney)
7. Die For Me (Hollywood's Bleeding)
8. On the Road (Hollywood's Bleeding)
9. Take What You Want (Hollywood's Bleeding)
10. I'm Gonna Be (Hollywood's Bleeding)
11. Otherside (beerbongs & bentleys)
12. Congratulations (Stoney)
13. Blame it on Me (beerbongs & bentleys)
14. Same Bitches (beerbongs & bentleys)
15. Jonestown (Interlude) (beerbongs & bentleys)
16. '92 Explorer (beerbongs & bentleys)
17. Candy Paint (beerbongs & bentleys)
18. Sugar Wraith (beerbongs & bentleys)

#9 was loving hard because "Go Flex" is still my poo poo, but having Ozzy on "Take What You Want" is just...:swoon: "Candy Paint" wins by default because of the line, "God drat, I love paper like I'm Michael Scott" :allears:

Post the track list, post a YouTube playlist, post a Spotify playlist, whatever! Just lemme get your GHG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU