Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Smilies are small graphical images that can be used to convey an emotion or feeling. If you have used email or internet chat, you are likely familiar with the smilie concept. Certain standard strings are automatically converted into smilies. Try twisting your head on one side if you do not get smilies; using a bit of imagination should reveal a face of some description.

You can click a smilie to copy the smilie text to your clipboard (if your browser supports it).

Here's the list of currently accepted smilies:

:byodood: :gurf: :imunfunny: :byob: :chillout: :emoticon: :gb2byob: :russbus: :sidvicious: :vd: :w2byob: :byobear: :ccb: :duckie: :shibaz: :shivdurf: :joel: :qirex: :bick: :byob1: :rznv: :agreed: :byoscience: :c2b: :dippy: :eonwe: :freakfuta: :jamez: :nudesnail: :smilie: :smoobles: :spiderguy: :suezo: :swish: :vapes: :wedass: :weedass: :wms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

:dippy:

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

when I was young and first introduced to communicating through the internet I really abhorred smilies. I thought it a failure of being able to articulate ones thoughts and emotions. same with the plethora of acronyms internet communication gave rise to. the older I get the less I think that way tho, it's all just trying to communicate effectively.

tho the smilies SA has are substantially more interesting than the ones available on phones. they are not always clear about what they are trying to convey, but the same could be said about the smilies elsewhere.

Manifisto

also I think :nice: and :geoduck: definitely qualify (as I was personally involved in helping make them for whoever bought them) and I'm pretty sure :jerry: and :haibrower: do as well, oh hell there are probably others

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

really like this :jamez: one

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ass-penny

can we talk about this one? :vd:

like, it's cute and funny but the message seems off brand for byob. I assume it was made a long time ago? what was byob like in the old days?

there was that smilie contest last year, none of those showed up. :thatsgood: :unlimited: :trashed:

Ratatat

looks like that smilie is a reference to violetdragon, one of the original original byob regulars. she had a curt yet disarming posting style

yes i am also an ancient relic of the past. and one day you will be one too

Somebody gently caress around and get got. Grab the shotty, shawty—take a shot.

biosterous

Ratatat posted:

yes i am also an ancient relic of the past. and one day you will be one too

hell yeah looking forward to it

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
did u kno? :11tea: is actually a byob smilie

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

ulvir

EorayMel posted:

Smilies are small graphical images that can be used to convey an emotion or feeling. If you have used email or internet chat, you are likely familiar with the smilie concept. Certain standard strings are automatically converted into smilies. Try twisting your head on one side if you do not get smilies; using a bit of imagination should reveal a face of some description.

You can click a smilie to copy the smilie text to your clipboard (if your browser supports it).

Here's the list of currently accepted smilies:

:byodood: :gurf: :imunfunny: :byob: :chillout: :emoticon: :gb2byob: :russbus: :sidvicious: :vd: :w2byob: :byobear: :ccb: :duckie: :shibaz: :shivdurf: :joel: :qirex: :bick: :byob1: :rznv: :agreed: :byoscience: :c2b: :dippy: :eonwe: :freakfuta: :jamez: :nudesnail: :smilie: :smoobles: :spiderguy: :suezo: :swish: :vapes: :wedass: :weedass: :wms:

these two were made in byob, too

:beerpal: :coffeepal:

ulvir

don't forget :protarget:

its even the psot button

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
If you would like to add byob as a tag or search term for a smilie, you can request that here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3998079

Heather Papps

hello friend

jeffrey this is a vital update to the sites source code plz address

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

beer pal

:evilbuddy: :redass:

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

:fourloko:

v proud of this one :cawg:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

:captainpop:

Just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
:suezo: this one’s cool as hell

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me