Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Someone stole my debit card details and made £1800 worth of payments to some mobile gambling company I hadn't heard of. The bank reimbursed me and contacted the company for their investigation, but then that company 'refunded' me another £220 for some reason. So I'm actually up??

also the £ sign is considered an invalid character in thread titles lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I just don't know what to do with this information OP.

To help facilitate this, can you please tell us how many pounds (mass) of butter you would theoretically be able to purchase with 220 pounds (currency).

Would your current freezer be large enough to accommodate this amount of butter?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that was me who defrauded you, op. let's split the 220 you made

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think it's about 63lbs of butter. To figure how much would fit in the freezer I would have to measure the sizes of both, and I'm not gonna do that

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

1 pound is about 500ml of volume so 63lb would take 31.5 litres of space, or 21 large bottles of soda.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Icept posted:

I just don't know what to do with this information OP.

To help facilitate this, can you please tell us how many pounds (mass) of butter you would theoretically be able to purchase with 220 pounds (currency).

Would your current freezer be large enough to accommodate this amount of butter?

There is no butter in the UK.

It's a thing I don't have the time or energy to get into right now.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
How will you spend this windfall?

Karol-Man
May 14, 2022

by Fritz the Horse

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Someone stole my debit card details and made £1800 worth of payments to some mobile gambling company I hadn't heard of. The bank reimbursed me and contacted the company for their investigation, but then that company 'refunded' me another £220 for some reason. So I'm actually up??

Have you contacted action fraud,

Someone stole my wallet, with my drivers license and debit card.
They asked for £50 pound and they’ll give it to me,
Because my dumbass just woke up, I was like “gently caress all” and payed him.

Obviously, my stuff never arrived.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

poopnanners posted:

How will you spend this windfall?

I've been trying to learn piano recently so if I actually stick with that the money could help pay for a digital one. Like a decent digital piano is still gonna be like more than double the price AFAIK, but it does take some of the sting off for sure

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OP is just trying to convince their SO that they got hacked and didn't spend money on a gambling website.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Give 50 quid to charity OP

You aren't losing anything and you still get the lion's share

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Songbearer posted:

Good idea. Are you Bri'ish? if so, do you know which homelessness charities you'd recommend?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
220 pounds, that's pretty fat

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Songbearer posted:

Why would a charity want squid?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Wouldn't spend that for a bit till it all shakes out, as there's a non-zero chance they'll be come back with 'The money was paid in error, please return it'. Time for different payments to go through, two different departments working at cross-purposes, general gently caress-ups, etc etc.

Hopefully you're fine, but I'd err on the side of caution for at least a few weeks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but in a couple of weeks that 220 quid will only be worth 170 quid

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Give the money back

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Deptfordx posted:

Wouldn't spend that for a bit till it all shakes out, as there's a non-zero chance they'll be come back with 'The money was paid in error, please return it'. Time for different payments to go through, two different departments working at cross-purposes, general gently caress-ups, etc etc.

Hopefully you're fine, but I'd err on the side of caution for at least a few weeks.

Like a chump I already contacted the bank about this since a. I wanted to be certain nobody still had access to my account and b. I didn't want anyone to think I was the actual fraudster (even if sticking your head above the parapet is likely to get it blown off). It was then I was told the games company had issued the refund after being contacted by the fraud team. So nobody should be able to accuse me of not acting in good faith, even if I don't understand how the refunds correlate with the fraudulent payments.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Way to beat the system OP, spend it on something completely frivolous like a gacha game or those bags of frozen mini-tacos

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
The money was also spent in error.

Spend your time dealing with it

Edit: Oh, we just saw the amount of dealing about it. LMAO

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 31, 2022

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

What is 220 British pounds in stone?

Also, what the gently caress is stone?

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

You Are A Elf posted:

What is 220 British pounds in stone?

Also, what the gently caress is stone?

The name "stone" derives from the use of stones for weights, a practice that dates back into antiquity. The Biblical law against the carrying of "diverse weights, a large and a small" is more literally translated as "you shall not carry a stone and a stone (אבן ואבן), a large and a small". There was no standardised "stone" in the ancient Jewish world, but in Roman times stone weights were crafted to multiples of the Roman pound. Such weights varied in quality: the Yale Medical Library holds 10 and 50-pound examples of polished serpentine, while a 40-pound example at the Eschborn Museum is made of sandstone.

A Roman Pound
The units of weight or mass were mostly based on factors of 12. Several of the unit names were also the names of coins during the Roman Republic and had the same fractional value of a larger base unit: libra for weight and as for coin. Modern estimates of the libra range from 322 to 329 g (11.4 to 11.6 oz) with 5076 grains or 328.9 g (11.60 oz) an accepted figure. The as was reduced from 12 ounces to 2 after the First Punic War, to 1 during the Second Punic War, and to half an ounce by the 131 BC Lex Papiria.

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 31, 2022

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It occurs to me that there might not be bags of frozen mini-tacos for sale in the UK

What do you buy in the UK when you're high, drunk or lazy and want something that is absolutely zero effort and doesn't actually taste that good so you usually douse it in some kind of sauce or just get so blitzed that you don't care about the flavor?

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It occurs to me that there might not be bags of frozen mini-tacos for sale in the UK

What do you buy in the UK when you're high, drunk or lazy and want something that is absolutely zero effort and doesn't actually taste that good so you usually douse it in some kind of sauce or just get so blitzed that you don't care about the flavor?

Peas and Pies with a Queens Soldier Saluting on top (Thats a potato with a picture of Worcestershire Sauce on it)

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Subscribe to my channel: Brexit Meals

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

it was hush money, you were supposed to keep quiet about this whole thing OP

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

can i have some of your £'s OP, I'm skint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Super noodles