Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tesco Cinnamon & Raisin bagels have gone up by 15p, unleaded is 176 per litre and my internet is around 5Mbps... truly this is the end of days.

I blame Sweaty Andrew. :dawkins101: :sonia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Only remembered this was an event when i saw all the brand new Union & Orange Order Flegs on lampposts as i drove by this morning. :rolleyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Dug up a good portion of my backyard recently... the neighbourhood cats love to crap in it and the birds love to have dust baths in all the loose soil, life is truly wonderful. :stonklol:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Looks like an old M5 or M9, american lend lease production from the second world war.

If it's any consolation they also made those with four of those guns on an anti aircraft mount on the back so I guess it could be worse.

Lucky it wasn't a M3 Gun Motor Carriage with the 75mm gun. :derp:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Time for some good news amidst the sea of pessimism

https://twitter.com/ththighland/status/1533750963860799494?s=20&t=kwHuHq9gwUXx816taUuSfQ

For you sassenachs, can get BBC Alba if you have satellite TV or Virgin. If not, it'll be on the iPlayer. Might go along to watch the MacTavish Cup Final live myself.

It's like a toned down version of Hurling. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Hurling doesn't happen a handful of miles from my house & shinty does.

It's the other way round for me so no worries. :tipshat:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

my country yearns for the freedom of atomic fire

You should be so lucky, you will get endless London Smog... and you will like it.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I'll put this vonc on my "Brexit Benefits" list... the rest of the page is currently blank.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Patiently waiting for the latest load of shite to dribble from the mouth/anus (i think it's all one orifice on him) of Boris. :shrek:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nonsense posted:

England should annex Ireland.

If England can't handle six counties how well do you think the full thirtytwo will work? :confused: :jihad:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Skull Servant posted:

Who would even watch this? Anyone who cares will attend and everyone who doesn't care or despises it will ignore it. I can only imagine edge cases like those in hospital or stuck abroad? Maybe?

The core tenant of the Culture War is to own the X at any cost but this is a huge stretch.

Marchers mums will be setting the recorder for a reviewing that will be continued for a decade every Boxing Day; "And there's our Willie holding one of the banner support ropes! Doesn't he look grand with his little sash!!"

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

E: asking because I legit don't know - can UK citizens move to/work in ROI by default or do you need visas? I know NI citizens with Irish passports can, but I'm unsure about the rest of us. I do notice that Irish citizens do qualify for lots of stuff in UK - they can stand for election to Westminster in UK constituencies for example.

British and Irish work under Common Travel Area (CTA) rules which predate EU stuff: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/common-travel-area-guidance so free movement between the two is allowed.

No documentation required though if you work in the other respective country, tax departments will have to be notified by the employer (not 100% on this bit tbh).

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

some news on those mysterious "American candy" shops https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61810743

(i think we discussed them here before?)

so the actual product is fraudulent as well as the business model, hmm

Not to worry as food standards will be lowered so that there is no discernable difference. :tif:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Mad that I never made the connection since the Irish for river is "abhann"

The River Bann here in Co. Antrim might just mean River River then. :rolleyes:

Although Wikipedia does say An Bhanna translates as The Goddess (i assume in Old Irish).

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

That was the best photo? Presumably they took multiple photos

He was trying to shove it up his nose in the other photos.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Only Kindness posted:

Since covid's over, grandad, we're doing Ukraine monkeypox rail strikes polio now, I idly thought I'd take a look at what's up.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Approaching 200k! I thought it was about 120k JFC

Guess we're "living with covid" (read: you're on your own) for real now. Apart from those who aren't living at all, of course.

:psyduck:

I still double mask while out shopping and i see no reason to stop.

Pretty sure i took a sugar cube with the Polio vaccine as a kid. :corsair:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

brexit actually is working pretty well for northern ireland

Never expected old N.I. to be nearly equal to London in anything.... nor the rest to be so far behind, behold the Brexit Benefit!! :sotw:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: also sorry for being weird about the old lady having 50k to spare the other day. I am someone who's never personally had more than about £100 in savings, £50,000 seems like a LOT to just have saved up.

Savings:
Adding to my first world problems; the fifty & twenty pound notes that i have my physical savings in (it gave me great peace of mind to have some in physical form until this) are going out of circulation in September so i'm having to put them back into a bank account and i made the mistake of putting in more than 10k in one go.

Which means the HMRC gets a note of the transaction and here i am living without any income and not paying NI (already maxed out my pension contributions)... so now the little gerbil is spinning the little wheel in my brain worrying about having to prove that i'm not some criminal laundering money. :derp:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Not as exciting as you think as took voluntary redundancy and am just coasting along on a low budget life until pension age kicks in.

But dear gods do i love not having to get up due to a f*cking alarm every day.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I didn't know that about the notes! Better check my cash store - I keep £100 in cash in the flat pending the zombie apocalypse, breakdown in the banking system or what have you. Haven't checked the notes for ages.

Check the back pictures: £20 Adam Smith, £50 Matthew Boulton & James Watt are the ones affected.

edit:

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

PS couldn't you open a separate savings account in a non-affiliated bank or BS and put some in there? (eg if you bank with Lloyds don't put it in Halifax because they are the same now, change your address in one, it changes in the other etc.). Ed: don't mind me, I didn't read your post carefully enough. You already did the mistake.

Opened a separate account with Nationwide last week so i will be putting some with them.

It's the 10k or more pounds deposited in a single go that triggers the letter to HMRC (silly me never checked, it's their anti fraud procedure apparently).

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 3, 2022

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Just got a promotion at work, but my manager said they weren’t blown away by my interview and it revealed a lot of areas for improvement. I was real excited to get this and thought I’d done quite well, but yeah just feeling really quite deflated to be honest. I think I might actually have some imposter syndrome which I’m very much not used to!

You got the promotion. :thumbsup:

Therefore they chose you and so any snark by them afterwards is their own loving stupidity! :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

peanut- posted:

Genuinely miserable stuff. Is this what the sensible centrist imagination is offering.

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1543859657613004800

Small dick energy at work, truly aspirational. :rolleyes:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Will someone please put Coffeys head on a pike.... sans torso preferred. :pray:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Gonna have a glass of prune flavoured vodka in celebration of this auspicious event.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

Jesus, I come in here looking for advice on how to wipe my arse and you're all banging on about politics.

With the Tories i find it hard to tell the difference between them and a small piece of sticky poo poo.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

The chaos always sounded like the more fun option tbh

Got a sneaky suspicion that this IS the chaos option.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

I think we know what BoJos resignation letter would look like

Not often i see a Babylon 5 reference in the wild. :neckbeard: :dance:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Are we only counting official children, or including the bastards?

Going to be hard to exterminate his genetic line. :thunk:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Torry Party this weekend: :gooncamp: :btroll: :qqsay:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The lad has quite the ego, let them all burn.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

How long till Carrie files for divorce?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Fair play to Zahawi, it takes real commitment to be the most two faced piece of poo poo in this government.

Just a little bit of renegotiating going on behind the scenes. ;)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

In December Boris stages a successful coup against Erdogan and becomes the Turkeys leader for life.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Oh sweet zombie Jesus! :lol: :lmao: :roflolmao:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The shitstorm continues unabated then. :torygov: :shrek:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Lid posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/07/no-new-policies-under-my-leadership-boris-johnson-confirms

Congrats UK, while they sort out this hissy fit you will have no government for several months.

Welcome to Northern Ireland... forever!!! :torygov: :shrek:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Convex posted:

Apparently this is the result of the £200k spent redecorating Boris' flat

https://twitter.com/lokiesteve/status/1545323080507133956

Looks like blood spatter & brain matter EVERYWHERE!!!... except the floor. :fourloko:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Cimber posted:

By the way, why do conservatives have the nickname Tories? Does Labour have a nickname, or don't they because their name is already one syllable?

Tory comes from an old Irish word for thief... more of a description than a nickname.

edit: beaten, but you now have two sources for verification. ;)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Where is his left ear?

We all have to learn to make sacrifices in these troubling times.... i wonder what he got for the ear? :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

A thing of beauty. :thumbsup: