Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Goddamntwisto's still silent and I distinctly remember him saying a while back that whenever he has a little holiday from the internet something wild happens in politics. Maybe *gestures at everything* this is the result of his extended absence? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Are you saying he predicted the future with logic or that him leaving us is some kind of prophecied action that brings doom

Could go either way really. (I do hope he comes back though, I enjoy his posts)

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1545455873476235266?s=20&t=LNDApIzKkYZdQK05sWkV9A

Entire thread is nightmare fodder & well worth a look, but man, that loving photo of Toby Young (the one with the green shirt in the collection of 4). I've never seen such powerful divorced dad energy. Looks like he's on his way to the club to try & pick up some 19 year old student only to be continually rejected because he's Toby Young, look at the oval office.

TBH maybe I'm just jaded by everything but the thing that threw me the most was the sudden "Here's Mick Hucknell faffing with his phone".

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Deketh posted:

oh norman, they're coming for me discords

New page, same question. Does anyone know if there are more rebates coming to UK households? I received some council tax rebate, wondering if there was something still coming for energy bills. Is it still that £200 bullshit that you have to pay back?

Its been doubled to £400, we no longer have to pay it back, and should start seeing it in October. There's also additional cost of living payments for those who qualify (see the link posted Tarnop above)

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Another recommendation to the "It hot!" chat; Space Blankets. Girlfriend brought some round and we put them on the outside of the living room windows. It doesn't look pretty but it gets the job done. Gold side needs to face into the house. If you have double glazing do not mount them on the inside, do it outside with a bit of tape. They do a baffllingly good job at blocking the heat from the sun coming in. I live on the coast, my living room faces East and has no shade so the sun is right on the windows from 12:30 until sundown. Before we put those things up three days ago it was hitting 30 degrees in this room, now its a cool 24 and no need for a fan. :cool: (The outside temp has gone up in that time frame too)

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 17, 2022

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

TACD posted:

I don’t have space blankets but I was thinking of doing a ratchet version of this with some foil; is it counterproductive to do it on the inside though? I’m in a second-floor flat so attaching to the outside is not an option.

I'm told if its mounted on the inside of a double glazed window, excess heat can get trapped between the glazing and potentially cause the frame to warp. Not sure if true but didn't want to risk it myself.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Welp, I managed to get mild heat exhaustion at work. I've cooled myself down since coming home early but despite taking pain klllers two hours ago and sipping water, I've still got a thumping headache. :(

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I'm on a flexi contract so "nerr nerr ne nerr nerr". I will happily take the mantle of snowflake as I am very much built for the snow and love a cold snap. Heat can gently caress right off.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Someone needs to invent cooled underpants.

Honestly contemplating constructing something like this using an aftermarket pc liquid cooling system. Underpants may need a belt in that scenario.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Friends have covered their windows with tin foil.
They say the room is 5 degrees C cooler.

Genuinely works and I'll say it again, space blankets (they're huge and you can get several packs for under a tenner). My living room faces direct West and there is nothing outside to cast a shade against the house. Before putting the foil over the window and back door, inside temp was often almost 5 degrees higher than outside temp. That's now reversed and it hasn't budged above 26 in here today.

The house does look like a drugs lab from the outside though. >_>

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

1965917 posted:

the thing that sticks with me the most is that they were buying three papers and still didn't have the first clue what was happening around them.

1965917 posted:

the mail, the Sunday times and (I think) the sun.

Answered your own question.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

notaspy posted:

Seriously, where did he get the card from? That means he knows the copper, or knows someone who does but how on earth would he have it on hand?

That is some seriously depraved poo poo.

Copper used his real name on the twitters. Twitter guy searched and found the copper's facebook page where there was a photograph of the service card from his mother's funeral. Print, nut, photo, post to twitter, horror for all.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I will say maybe mine's weird but that looks a lot more like sour cream to me.

When I had the mumps mine was orange. Gave it a rest for a few days and played Theme Hospital.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The image is giving me weird sense of deja vu for some reason, seems familiar but I have no idea why.

Perhaps this is a Type Of Guy.

Upon seeing the tiny preview image before reading the text I assumed it was Zyborn Clock concept art and was expecting a reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

- = F O R E N S I C . I N T E R M I S S I O N S = - [24/7 VAPORWAVE/KIETHWAVE MIX ft. LUXARY ELITE/HAIRCUTS FOR MEN/BLOODWAVE]