Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Meanwhile in Kierland;

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...007006.html?amp

WetEggFan62 allegedly said to friends posted:

I will not let this party become a basket case again. I will not let our hard-won gains be squandered so we will need to be ready in the unlikely event that the worst comes to the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/bmay/status/1539867888563232768

Oh no the media sharks smell blood and have found what they'll latch on to in order to destroy Mick Lynch

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Utterly unhinged, now I remember why I haven't watched QT in years.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

"get in the sea" - the telegraph

Waiting for the inevitable Wind Waker -esque flooding of the UK where only the mountains and tallest hills become little islands we all live on.

I live near Cambridge and would welcome the flood with open arms.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

North east south or west of it and is there housing in that area that isn't a million quid for a powerless shed. Asking for a friend who is me.

Northwest, I don't think I'm doxxing myself when saying near Huntingdon to be more accurate.

And to answer your friend that is you: lol, lmao, no, unless you're willing to move to a village where the only noteworthy attractions are the post office van and a one-eyed cow.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

When you're even getting dunked on by loving Iceland's Twitter account of all things...

https://twitter.com/IcelandFoods/status/1544720221843456001

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

I'm about a five minute train ride to Shepreth wildlife park and they have a fantastic hedgehog hospital facility there. And the good news is there's been a boom of births there lately!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-61720787.amp

Hedgehogs coming back, baby!

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Surprise T Rex posted:

A bloody good post

I'm of the same mindset, the difference being that my vote is essentially decided for me. If you look at my constituency's voting history...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntingdon_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Just pissing in the wind really, isn't it?

I'm especially in agreement of the part where you suggest a failing Labour party at the next election would blame Corbyn as long-lasting damage rather than realising that Diet Tory isn't going to be the slam dunk they want it to be.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

I think my sexual orientation has changed to no-nonsense union 'ard men thanks to Mick and Eddie.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Weird that on the way home today I saw... A rainbow? Very unexpected but absolutely welcome to see. Shame I didn't take a snap I was too busy thinking OH GOD I NEED TO GET HOME AND INDOORS LOOK THERES SOME SHADE HUG THE SHADE.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Jippa posted:

Any plastic bottle filled with water then put in the freezer for an hour so will work as well.

This is working better for my ferrets as even with my fastidious attention to their claws the poor buggers keep getting caught on the towels and getting upset :( a good ice pack like you'd bung in a cooler with some drinks works wonders. Also unlike most ferret videos I see on twitter mine absolutely hate the idea of going in water so any ersatz paddling pools or cooling troughs of water I set out get drunken from. I'll let them have a run around in a cold shower later. :)

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Reveilled posted:

It was a bit scatterbrained in how it was simultaneously trying to push "augmentations are seperating the rich and poor into castes" and "augmentations are becoming effectively compulsory whether your want them or not" and "people who get augmentations are being discriminated against and looked down on as freaks" and "augmentations need highly addictive suppressant drugs that destroy your life", like it took every cyberpunk dystopia and tried to do them all at the same time even if they were mutually exclusive (which is on brand for Deus Ex, I guess).

But despite that it seemed to have a coherent political point to make, and I found it kind of strange that the end of the game presented the three possible end states as relatively equal choices, because even if what the villain did was utterly morally reprehensible, the very fact he could do it made his point basically irrefutable and when the game asks you to pick between him, the libertarian techbro and the shadowy secret world government I couldn't slam the "side with the villain" hard enough at the end.

The correct option is to head down the side passage and drown everyone, yourself included. gently caress the techbros, gently caress the shadowy secret world government, gently caress yourself, just bail and let everyone else sort it out.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Angrymog posted:

People in my work canteen talking about not paying their leccy bill, and being disgusted at all the clapping for nurses but not paying them.

Our landlord owns the construction company that built our block of flats and all the utility bills go through him so even if we wanted to tell him to sling his hook when our next bill comes through he'd probably give us our two month's marching orders as a response. :smith:

Its not like we haven't been looking for somewhere affordable and nearby since the beginning of the year as it is. I feel like a Uni student again where I'm deathly afraid of checking my bank balance for how bad it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

Necrothatcherrrrrr

Looking at this I really am glad she's dead!

(Then again I didn't need a picture to feel that way about her.)