Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Good news, everyone!

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1531755690468982792?s=21&t=xvNh6KOfz7cqNDGLcPLpPw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
It's not even the actual jubilee, that was in Feb and the coronation 70th isn't until next year.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Scotland Vs Ukraine and now Ukraine Vs Wales are the last of the delayed World Cup qualifiers from a while back.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

smellmycheese posted:

Have we heard from Kieth yet?

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1533730403122544640

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I once went for a colonoscopy and the consultant looked up whether I could have gas&air due to my CF while I was lying on the bed with my arse out. Maybe do that first?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Rust Martialis posted:

CF = chronic flatulence or cystic fibrosis?

Sadly the latter.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
UK, 2022 https://twitter.com/SittonGary/status/1534148868396531712

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Pistol_Pete posted:

Has anyone been following the revelations about Paul Mason that have just been published by the Grayzone? If even half of it's true, the man's a total lunatic lol.

Grayzone is usually nonsense so I'm trying not to believe it's true, only to have my hopes dashed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/daily_hate_mail/status/1534797220008042498

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Fox only answers to his full title of Disgraced Former Minister Dr Liam Fox, Femi should know that.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Spangly A posted:

Doesn't the SW still have the old, completely useless but incredibly dangerous fail deadly nukes stored in a cupboard somewhere?

Yes, all the old subs are sat in a dock, rotting away.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

I already like sea bugs, so if they make land bugs taste good I will eat them.

I thought you meant Moreton Bay Bugs or similar, which are the best seafood on the planet, but you won't be getting them in UK supermarkets unfortunately.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Dogatron posted:

I hope your spell checker is hosed but there are no similar- but the Cromer Crab is also great.

Potted Morecambe Bay Sea Bug on toast is the breakfast of the gods. I buy my morecambe sea bugs next to my local pub from the bloke what caught them. Then I have a pint and raise my glass opposite to the memory the Birmingham Six who were threatened with defenestration from the police station over the road.

Nah, Moreton Bay bugs are in Australia, they're a type of lobster iirc and are incredible.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Tarnop posted:

E: on the plus side, searching for it has uncovered some delicious salty landlord tears in comment sections

I went looking for said tears earlier and it was glorious.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jedit posted:

Being able to terminate a lease with notice because you either want to sell the property or use it yourself is hardly unfair.

They don't need vacant possession to sell the house though.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

They don’t, but it does make it much harder to sell.

Yes but I don't think that should be put on the tenants. Landlords know that when they decide to be landlords.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Anything north of a line between Tavistock and Bovey Tracey is The North :colbert:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
That broken wall looks further along from where Horse thinks it is.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
How to deal with Tory shite:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HUncaring/status/1539004459212230658?t=NtR-jG8OW_bHTSWT707HRA&s=19

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Because you need to be pretty smart, have a solid grasp of the relevant facts, and also be able to put it across cleanly without getting flustered by dickheads. It looks simple, but it's a real skill.

You also need to not have brainworms, which is even harder.

Yeah but can he chair a meeting or take a memo?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1540979839406047233?s=20&t=cGfPOzPCg8PPa33u96NdBg

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1540970390369050624?t=rJ_t4tslQNBZWTlJbJD0uw&s=19

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1540971601193230336?t=Ik7FV3fieN6piWq84FxyGw&s=19

Christ Lammy's a poo poo.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

TACD posted:

Surely as the Labour Party loses money from the unions it’ll just tack harder to the right in an attempt to court the private donors currently funding the Tories?

It will but the Tory party is already there and in power. Why would anyone chuck money at Labour?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I thought that that was the stated plan but had utterly failed to materialise.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/schwitzyoo/status/1540992801055334402?s=21&t=BXECc5agHxRKhkq0Cr0BBQ

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Strong mental energy of a man who's wife has snapped and told him she doesn't want to hear it anymore and why doesn't he write to the paper about it

Wait til he learns the RMT are pro Brexit.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/ChinaEmbIreland/status/1542908356448354304

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

Dorries and boris have to be shagging, right? I do not at all understand why she goes to bat for him, it makes very little professional sense as even if he survives this crisis it's hard to see what future there is for him generally.

Probably, but also the second Boris is gone, so is she. Nobody else would give her a ministerial post so this is 50/50 self preservation/gently caress buddy.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

BrigadierSensible posted:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed:

But what are the chances that Jacob Reese-Mogg takes over as head of the Tories? Who are the other contenders?

And as a foreigner I have to ask this follow up: How in gods name is that posh oval office even remotely electable? I mean he is the kind of entitled landed gentry aristo gently caress that brought his childhood nanny on the campaign trail with him. Does he just have a particularly posh electorate? How goes his popularity in the rest of the country? Surely they can see him for the insane parody of out of touch wealth and inbreeding that he so obviously is.

Zero chance even if he hadn't declared he wasn't standing for PM. I think most senior Borisites will be too tainted to get very far in the leadership battle. Truss for some reason seems to be one. Zahawi has been plotting a leadership run for ages apparently. Javid or Sunak might try and hope that their early resignations might help.

Ps Mogg isn't posh, he's larping.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Grayling is the PM we need.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

MeinPanzer posted:

Unfortunately no.

It might still be worth speaking to UCU (and joining them) as they have some latitude to talk to non-members, particularly if it can be phrased as a health and safety issue.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Cameron ate a hotdog with a loving knife and fork and didn't get any of the abuse that Ed got for that bacon sandwich.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I think Ed *could* have been different, but was surrounded by people like Balls and Coyle.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

crispix posted:

when you're such a oval office that carter burke is the good guy

Carter Burke for Tim is perfect.

e: Nah, the Tory membership is racist as all gently caress and would never pick an ethic over a god-fearing whitey.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

crispix posted:

who do yous fancy as tory leader number 10 PM ?!?!?!!! i fancy liz truss if chamberlain off dark crystal doesn't get in :holy:

Which one is Chamberlain? I can see them all in that role.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Hedgehogs are the best and the biggest downside to where I currently live is that there are no hedgehogs.

E: Vvv very true and it makes me sad.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 14, 2022

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
To go back to Labour chat, the only way for them to head to the left is if they take a real kicking at a GE and the true ghouls get the boot. If they win then it validates their move to the right and confirms to them that that is the correct and true way to go, and then nothing changes. My local MP is Labour with a reasonable but not huge majority, but he made it easy for me to not vote for him with his utterly pathetic replies when I sent him a question about his colleagues trying to amend the Council of Europe's report into the UK rapidly turning into a hellhole for LGBT+ people.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

TACD posted:

Thing is, I don’t think this is true. A Labour victory will validate their position, but the reverse isn’t true; a loss won’t make them reconsider their fundamental stance, only their tactics. Centre-right neoliberalism is The Only Acceptable Politics, and a massive loss won’t make them shift to the left because they consider it a totally invalid political philosophy, both as a matter of principle and as a matter of empirical fact (as proven by the Corbyn Years).

I didn't mean that Labour taking a kicking would guarantee a move back to the left, just that it's the only way it might happen, and it would need the worst of Labour MPs to lose to weaken the stranglehold on the PLP.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Please don't poison mice, if for no other reason that when they die they'll stink out your walls or under the floor, but mostly because it's cruel as gently caress.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Just Another Lurker posted:

Nope, cruelty is using the sticky traps... don't think i'm going to use them again. :gonk:

I used wire wool and expanding foam to block holes in my house, didn't know till now that it's actually a correct procedure. :lol:

The sticky traps are beyond cruel and into torture. Poisoning mice is still cruel. Wire wool is indeed good stuff vs mice though.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The cat is more to scare the mice away rather than eating them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/YirmeyahuWedge/status/1548794596968251394