Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
right so in theory computers could be a lot better than they are, and these issues exist because of mother fuckers. and father fuckers, these fuckers gently caress everyone

let’s say you go to print something and what? the printer says it’s out of toner and refuses to print. now there’s probably toner in there and it would print fine but.. some MF decided for us that they didn’t want to allow that, and now we have to pay the price

when I hit the start button on windows on my dads old pc, I see a big ad for candy crush, and it makes it go very slow. no one wanted this, but some MF decided they knew better

when I accidentally hit the help button on windows, it loads up a web page to show me how to use explorer. now it could use the default browser, but some MF told the devs to make sure it uses internet explorer instead of the default

these are but a few examples

it really fucks me off that so much stuff is basically worse on purpose because some MF thinks it’s
a good way to make a few extra bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
welcome to capitalism idiot :rolleyes:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

we hope that you enjoy your stay.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just imagine if software was designed to make life as good for the end user as possible

if you come across it in real life, cherish it. because there’s always a MF who thinks it’s an opportunity

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

they should call it hardware, the way its so frickin hard to use!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hardware, software, wetware.. in the warehouse. think about it!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

echinopsis posted:

let’s say you go to print something and what? the printer says it’s out of toner and refuses to print. now there’s probably toner in there and it would print fine but.. some MF decided for us that they didn’t want to allow that, and now we have to pay the price

easy there, mister stallman

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

echinopsis posted:

it really fucks me off that so much stuff is basically worse on purpose because some MF thinks it’s
a good way to make a few extra bucks

generally those motherfuckers are right, op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yea but it truly sucks

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

let echi print

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mother fuckers

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

postin in an echi thread

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
these motherfuckers can’t keep getting away with this

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i like loving mothers, especially the mother of my children who is very hot and sexy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

i like loving mothers, especially the mother of my children who is very hot and sexy

you mother fucker

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
who do these mother fuckers think they are

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

he thinks hes a pharmacist

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

echinopsis posted:

welcome to capitalism idiot :rolleyes:

Serious post: This here is my issue with :911:free:911: software. The problem is capitalism, so the solution is :guillotine:, not writing your own printer driver. I wouldn’t want to write my own printer driver even under luxury gay space communism.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

aren’t most printers driverless now? capitalism wins again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in discord, if you have the program open on more than one device, well you might not get notifications on the device you want because they happened elsewear, it only seems to notify once on one thign only

this could be solved quite easily by a setting. but discord have been silent on this for years

looks like some mother fuckers made a decision for you. making your life worse, and in this case it's not even obvious why

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
discord was entirely written by mother fuckers, for mother fuckers

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

HamAdams posted:

I didn't know the milf community was so technical.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

CommieGIR posted:

I didn't know the milf community was so technical.

There's a whole website dedicated to poaching these highly technical milfs into other companies, I forgot the name

e: Milf hunters that was it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Armitag3 posted:

There's a whole website dedicated to poaching these highly technical milfs into other companies, I forgot the name

e: Milf hunters that was it

going to send this to my hr department. we need to diversify our workforce

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

postinge itt

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

HamAdams posted:

it was written by furries

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
animals also have parents

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

animals also have parents

not all do

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you made me drop my 保心安油 :mad:

selva oscura
Dec 19, 2009

once again the absolute fuckers have got us right where they want us

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

those mother fuckers will never take me alive

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it was written by furries

dogs can be mothers, too

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
was just thinking about the terrible auto correct in ios and it’s not like the devs don’t know about this, but there is someone - a total motherfucker - standing in the way. even the idea of being able to have slightly finer grained control over the auto correct settings has been suggested but shot down - by some motherfucker

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
what if software was good and not bad? interesting hypothetical op. too bad we will never find out

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

echi, have you considered there could be settings to toggle every possible nuance of a software but then you’d end up with yospos saying there is only one correct way to toggle the thing.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

The Management posted:

what if software was good and not bad? interesting hypothetical op. too bad we will never find out

if this ever happened the motherfuckers would never let us hear the end of it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

yummycheese posted:

echi, have you considered there could be settings to toggle every possible nuance of a software but then you’d end up with yospos saying there is only one correct way to toggle the thing.

have you considered that yospos............is full of motherfuckers?!!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yummycheese posted:

dgaf op it’s the world we deserve

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is the thread I was looking for

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i'm personally pretty goddamn sick of these motherfuckers op