Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

They said it's already patched on steam, and yes I can load my saves again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I like coming back to a skill or ability I initially discounted as useless and seeing something. The grand strategist's blitz strategem is fun for letting everyone travel huge distances, by dropping a zone on the far side of the arena and targeting it. Or leaving cover to go perform an AOE from the best spot, and boomeranging back to cover for 0ap.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Welp found a power sword which, when you parry an enemies attack, you attack back. It works on their attacks of opportunity too.

It's great watching Abelard nonchalantly charge past a group of enemies to his target, and they all fall down behind him like it's a samurai movie.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Eifert Posting posted:

Toy box is pretty self-explanatory I used it to fix a couple of broken quests.

I have to say they really need to rethink how much rep you get and how much you need to unlock stuff. I can possibly looted every single item from act 3 and all of it together would get me like two levels from one vendor. They have like 40. I think I'm going to bump it manually because that's some bullshit. 20% of your game on paper.

I agree but one thing to keep in mind is the rep levels don't have any obvious rhyme or reason between them. You might need 20,000 rep for one level then 1,500 for the one after. It seems like there are colony projects that bridge those huge gaps. I wish you could see the rep levels in advance.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Sab669 posted:

drat, where did you find that? I like his Vanguard ability that lets him Retaliate after he Parries but having to waste AP for it feels bad

I think it was early act 4 on foothold the rogue trader's body guard had it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Kobal2 posted:

Don't get too attached - Lidless Stare drops off in killing power very quickly on account of the symbol in front of its WP damage bonus is a + rather than a *. Which even with the lolways she can ramp up her WP doesn't cut it past a certain point.
Still handy midgame to (try to) stun a whole bunch of goons at once, with the right combination of navi talents/powers. Also to autohit elves, because gently caress elves.

Funnily enough, when you get to exemplar, lidless eye comes screaming back with the talent malign... something. They take a big chunk of damage that scales on her WP when they fail a WP test she inflicts. They take double damage if they succeed, but good luck to that.

Dandywalken posted:

Grenades are quite decent tbh

On sniper aelf I took the exemplar talent where every time they kill someone they make a free attack, trying to use the same weapon.

She now hucks two celebratory frag grenades into the nearest monkeigh when she shoots someone.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

it makes numbers go up when you hit them in their glowing bullseye

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

It took me a long while to understand burst fire, so a little psa using burst fire with rapid fire against single targets is a bad move. With burst fire, your shots go into lanes, a center lane between you and the target, and a lane on either side of that. A bullet goes down its lane and starts checking to hit whatever is first in the lane, then whatever is second in the lane if it got past the first and so on, it doesn't change lanes (there are two more lanes at long range to pick from though). The higher your BS skill, the higher your chance for the bullet to follow the center lane. When you have stacked revel in slaughter, versatility and stat increases, burst fire w/o rapid fire becomes laser accurate, incredible for shredding single targets but lovely for mulching groups.

Rapidfire ignores BS and gives your bullets a more even split between center lane and the other two. Fantastic for late game burst firing into crowds or idiots dumb enough to take up two or more squares, like a certain emperor's angel who shall remain nameless and heavily bleeding.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

pentyne posted:

That's when you see all the enemies with different percentage calculations you'd think "oh 40% and 5% what's the point?" but the way the game calculates that is hosed sometimes, much less the mechanics of how burst+overpenetration works. The actual number is meaningless and for a rapid/burst fire you land 1/2 of them as hits minimum against anything short of some dodge monsters.

Yeah the percentage chances it shows for burst first chance to hit are kinda hosed. I think it's showing the chances of any one bullet hitting that target, assuming the situation is a frozen tableau. Like when you see those really low 5% or less burst fire hit percentages, I think it's showing the chance of a bullet going to that lane, the first target dodging and the second target getting hit by it. It doesn't account for the first target getting gibbed and the second target becoming open, which tbf you'd have to make a lot of assumptions to give odds for.

I wasn't really referring to the cth calculations though, I was talking about how burst fire works mechanically.

Burst fire doesn't make direct attack rolls using your BS, the initial BS roll is to see which lane a bullet goes down. Bullets attack the first target in their lane, they don't ever cross over or cross back, if there's no targets or no targets remaining in a lane, the bullet is wasted. If the target is behind cover, there's a 35/60% chance the bullet hits the cover for partial/full cover respectively, +/- whatever cover benefits/maluses. If it doesn't hit cover, the target attempts to dodge. If they dodge, the bullet continues and tries again on the next target in the lane. Bullets can overpen cover/targets to attack the target behind.

With high BS/no rapid fire it's a 4/5 chance for a bullet to go down the center lane, the remaining 1/5 are split 50/50 between the left/right lanes. If shooting beyond effective range, it's about 2/5 in the center lane, 2/5 to end up in either left/right, and 1/10 to end up in the extreme left/right lanes that open beyond effective range.

With rapidfire, BS has much less impact, it's more like 3/5 in the center lane, 1/5 to each side line. Outside effective range it gets way worse, 1/5 center line, 2/5 to either side lane 2/5 to the extreme side lanes.

Running the numbers I was wrong in general, the increase in RoF should make up for wasted bullets even against single targets if you have the talent that removes the damage debuff. If you have that, rapid fire all day every day unless you're afraid of hitting friendlies. Love to remove the chance to dodge attacks then remember my allies are relying on dodge to survive Argenta's insane damage.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Eschatos posted:

I don't really understand how trading works. Can I just take any item I have enough profit factor to afford?

Yep. Profit factor isn't spent, it's a threshold check.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I'm 99% sure that the garbage trash void born idiot's built in 20% chance reroll for any skill check takes precedence over full rerolls granted by items. I cannot be bothered respeccing right now to find out if it overrides the advanced skill reroll but lol

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Eufrates II fight spoilers/rant in act 4: king defiler fight could've been easier. Ulfar did his charge at an enemy, and went the very long way, literally the furthest point on the map away from combat. Great. Tried to get argenta to blitz her way across the arena to nuke something and then she went to the second furthest point on the map away from combat. And every turn they end trying to get back to the fight, the boss got a free turn. :downs: what a time not to bring honest abe's parry emporium and instead give ulfar a chance to tank. He loving tanks alright, when do I get some decent equipment for this giant loser? It's so dumb he can't use big two-handed weapons like thunder hammers in one hand. :mad:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Caidin posted:

Ulfar can use a heavy bolter if you happen to have a spare but most of his gear is curiously rear end deep in faction rep.

Very very frequently I find the maps just aren't designed for his 4x4 rear end however, so even if his melee charged wasn't bugged or something and his gear wasn't such poo poo it wouldn't matter because this superhuman mega ape can't climb a ladderr or go down that walkway or fit between this industrial brickabrak.

It's a shame too, because I actually like his character.

I have two heretical heavy bolters but I doubt he's interested. I was hoping to find loot for him outside the factions, I think I've found a cape for him. Hooray.

Agree on him not being right for the maps, even this area where he's supposed to come along for his quest he feels wrong, either in the way or can't get to a good spot.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

In all seriousness is there a guide for building Ulfar? The closest I've come to making him decent is relying on an ult from an officer and going ham with 0ap actions. He just got a chain sword and then a power axe and drat it I'm invested, even though he considers it heresy to not use a pistol and melee weapon together. He also got a flamer that is considerably worse than the one we got for puny regular humans a few planets back.

Also, anyone know what happens if you give a character that item that gives the benefit of full cover all the time, and then bump up their cover efficiency?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Schubalts posted:

The Emperor wasn't completely against friendly relations with non-humans, but any aggression would be met with full force. The Crusade even had a peaceful negotiation (and banquet) with a multi-species civilization that went really well, until Chaos worshippers stole a deadly weapon from them and caused them to attack the Imperium's troops in retaliation.

Every meeting with a new civilization began with diplomacy, they just didn't all end with diplomacy. It's only after the Heresy, the loss of every Primarch, and the rise of the Imperial Cult that aliens and mutants really became "purge first, ask questions never".

that peaceful meeting was horus, before the heel turn

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

pentyne posted:

Not really, he's objectively worse then every other companion and he gets stuck in terrain because of his size.

my favourite part about using skills like charge or blitz with him is it doesn't show you which how his 4x4 space lays out, if you pick wrong and his 4x4 is laid over an enemy or a piece of terrain, he gets very upset you've called him fat and goes walkabout.

Mulva posted:

You are totally free to kill that Inquisitor if you are a big enough badass to get away with the reprisal the rest of the Inquisition would want to drop on you. Or if they are just an unpopular Inquisitor. The Inquisition has no authority over you. Well the Ordo Malleus might, the Malleus Remit is one of the few things handed down by the Emperor that gives unilateral authority over any Imperial citizen. As far as Xavier goes, for instance, he doesn't invoke it so you are within your rights to tell him to gently caress off.

As Heinrix so helpfully points out, you the rogue trader can tell the inquisition to gently caress off, but your subordinates can't.

Runa posted:

Yeah that's true.

It's really a matter of what you think you can get away with, and if you think you can't, how well you think you can fight back the consequences.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

shrike82 posted:

Act 3 boss fight was tough with everyone in my party trauma-ed to hell, i had to use toybox to remove them

Heinrix with the biomancy power to remove them is low key great, you can just mash yourself against traps or remove the bullshit skill check failed debuffs.

pentyne posted:

Do any of the factions ever restock? I'm really hording grenades at the moment for those desperate situations where it might be a lifesaver.

They don't afaik but you do get a colony project to give you replenishing upgraded frag grenades.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I found a way to make Ulfar useful! Metabolic overcharge from a biomancer, such as Heinrix. It works for anyone, but it works better for Ulfar, because he can keep moving after attacking without needing heroic action support. There's an item Spirit Drape, which makes non-attacking psychic powers cost -1 on the first turn, and they have a talent that makes biomancy powers cost -1 on the first turn. I forget where it came from. It can work without the item, but it's a lot better, as the biomancer can buff multiple people for free if they get multiple turns in the first turn, like Abelards ult or Move Move Move. They can't cast metabolic overcharge until their actual turn, but it will still be AP free so they can go murder someone, and Ulfar has enough hp he won't miss it unless he's getting focused down.

Ulfar gets a lot of attack actions between dual weapon combat, run and gun and arch-militant shenanigans, even early with his astartes knife, as it will refund the attack action and give +1AP if he gets a kill with it. His chance to hit and damage shoot up along with his versatility and he starts making GBS threads out crits.

What I like about this is it doesn't take away from first turn officer shenanigans or require heroic actions. Ulfar won't take much damage waiting for his turn and usually goes late, he's usually closer to having a double turn by finishing metabolic overcharge into his normal turn. It can be nice to go late as the melee enemies group up a bit for you.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

deep dish peat moss posted:

Rogue Trader: The Dru Khari Show

lol

poe meater posted:

I also don't know whats going on with stats. My eyes kinda just glaze over the words and numbers. Working out fine on daring.

Pascal hits extra hard with melee weapons and I don't know why. :black101:

When he has machine spirit up on himself, he gets a huge damage increase, which then gets increased by any other bonuses.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

cuntman.net posted:

what does short burning mean on torpedoes

I think blows up after two turns not three.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

while I'm full team wolf awooooo now, how they released with him having so many issues is beyond me. Not being able to see where his 4x4 will end up with movement abilities, his charge regularly sending him off to the far corner because it's trying to place him where he can't fit, his charge attack using his bolt pistol not his melee weapon, not being able to directly target destructible cover to clear his way except by grenades or area attacks (plasma the best), not being able to just coolaid man through lovely cover, ladders completely blocking him in combat, he can't even jump down. Also having so little equipment choices.

He's actually good with an officer buddy to cuddle up to him and give him faux heroic action extra turns, especially an officer turned master tactician. It's fun watching him go full :black101: and tear through an encounter.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Sharkopath posted:

Bounty hunter just seems really weak because while every other class gets something where just attacking is giving you lots of stat and damage boosts, your main per combat boost as assassin is limited to 3 uses if they kill a specific tier of enemy, half bonus if somebody else kills them, and they can only replenish it once over 3 rounds or if they spec their ult to replenish their hunts. Super limiting.

Funny story, there's an item you might come across which says it automatically give Prey to the highest HP enemy in combat. But as far as I can see it seems to give prey to... everyone. It's a lil absurd.

The Lone Badger posted:

I can't figure out how to use Operatives properly and am considering using Toybox to forcibly turn Pasqal into a Warrior. How horrible an idea is this?

Pasqal isn't really an operative, he can ignore a lot of the operative talents and pick from his super special ones. His job is to cast machine intelligence on himself for a surprisingly big damage boost, as well as anyone who burst fires as it greatly reduces recoil, then throw out exploits for extra damage or to strip dodge/armour. And to use his special debuff thingo on the hardest hitting enemy on the field. He has so many special plasma related talents he gets out of control.

e: the tacital knowledge ability is probably borked in players favour. Try and isolate one enemy for it's AOE, stack a bunch of exploits on it, then use tactical knowledge for an armour buff to everyone and a huge flat damage buff to the operative.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 19, 2023

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ciaphas posted:

Guess I ought to have realized the Navigator would be a party member - I figured I'd give it a pass because it's not like I needed to warp out of the system yet and navigators just do their own thing on the ship in the lore, I'd thought :eng99:

Speaking of Argenta, is it normal for the hit percents on burst fire to just be total rear end? The first time I tried the first fight I positioned her to have 4 enemies in the line of fire; none were higher than 35%, every shot missed, and she got her rear end knocked flat out before any of the rest of my party got a turn at all. (Ditto the next go-round when Adelbard had the first turn; attacking one then charging another got him pulped right through Endure and everything else)

Burst fire starts off kinda poopy until you get ways to mitigate enemy dodge and cover, or high BS to mitigate, then its gets obscene. The officer ability Take Aim means the enemy don't get cover against the next attack, but if you use it on someone who has Voice Of Command, enemy (and friends tbh) won't get their dodge either. Cover and dodge are literally the only two ways to avoid burst fire, then it's down to tanking it. If a character does dodge a bullet, then the bullet will try anyone standing behind them. If the bullet hits a person's cover, it will damage or destroy it, and can possibly over-penetrate. It can possible over-penetrate a target it does hit and continue to hit others. There's an exemplar talent far in the future that actually makes over-penetrations way more likely and impossible to dodge, which is god drat hilarious. Full cover which can be penetrated actually becomes a liability, as they no longer get to dodge. :allears:

Regarding chance to hit, read the next paragraph.

Zore posted:

Her initial gun is like the single worst in the game for burst fire, recoil as a stat is just flatly subtracted from your hit rate and it has 40. Just give her a Longlas or Sniper Rifle for now and a better bolter/heavy bolter when you get them later, by level 15 or so she will be death incarnate with rapid fire.

Nah. When you burst fire, there's a line of squares drawn between you and the target, 3 squares wide within effective range or 5 wide outside effective range. When you burst, there is some ungodly calculation of your BS to check if your bullet goes down the very center line of squares, "deviates slightly" (this is the treated exactly the same as center line within effective range, but beyond effective range it becomes the adjacent lines adjacent to the middle line) or "deviates strongly" (the outside lines). As far as I can tell, bullets that deviate out of the center line are 50/50'd between the respective left/right line. The recoil stat shifts the check by a fixed amount for every shot after the first and does make slight and strong deviations more likely.

Which sound really bad! Until you learn that when using the Rapid Fire ability, it has its own probabilities for center/slight/strong deviations, and does not care about your BS. If you have the talent that gets rid of the damage malus on rapid fire, it is always worth it. Keep in mind as well that if an enemy has a 2x2 or larger footprint, they still get hit by bullets that deviate into their other squares.

If you mouse over the burst fire icon before hitting Rapid Fire, you can see the probabilities for center line and deviations, but remember center line and slight deviations are the same thing when inside effective range.

The chance to hit shown to hit a target is a snap shot of how likely a bullet is to hit the target, which includes working out how likely a bullet is going to go to their line, how likely their cover is to take the hit, how likely they will dodge. It isn't at all accurate for people standing behind the target, as it's telling you what is the chance the bullet slips by the first guy and gets the second, not what the chances are to hit the second guy are once the first gets turned into mist.

Sab669 posted:

Seems like Burst Fire / high ROF weapons + Archmilitant class is what everyone likes ITT.

I made her a Bounty Hunter and have been using a Sniper Rifle for a while to minimal effect. It felt good early on, could just constantly Bring It Down and she'd 1-shot a lot of things, but has not scaled well at all. Now it's just like a 70% Chance to do like 20 damage or Crit for like 50 damage. Run and Gun lets me make 2 whole attacks. I feel like I could just remove her and Yrliet from my party entirely and hardly notice, except Yr can occasionally delete things with one of her Assassin shooty abilities.

Or I can just use Abe to loving SLAM a huge AoE around me for 70+ Damage and take zero damage from anything :shrug:

I had a two second experiment with Argenta which put a high end melta pistol in one hand a hand flamer in the other. It was promising, but tbf I had used the heavy bolter through that fight to generate her versatility, it was just a quick test. I want to go for a melee or a seraphim style build at some point.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 20, 2023

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Just had a horrifying thought that if the DLC does extend the campaign, I'm going to have to suffer the consequences of my actions.

Warmachine posted:

Excellent coverage on burst fire, except for one thing: Rapid Fire. I think Rapid Fire is more conditional than you make it out to be as your BS rises and you start getting ways to compensate for recoil (High BS, Pasqal's Machine Spirit Communion, some gloves and boots that cut recoil in half or completely negate it) you start being reliably able to put the full burst down the center line. It becomes a choice between consistently landing the full burst on a single target/line, or spreading it across an area where it wouldn't normally deviate anymore.

Where I agree that Rapid Fire is always the right choice is against 'large' targets. Things like Space Marines, and anything that has a 3-tile wide cross section. At that point, the extra bullets are straight up bonus damage, it's a no-brainer.

I think when I last checked, the max I could get was 80% chance for bullets down the center line, which I had thought was maxed out. But I just checked again and now I'm at 95% center line so yep you're right. For other people's reference, rapid fire in effective range is 60% center line no matter your low/high skills.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Further Reading posted:

Quick question: someone said that Henrix has a psyker ability that removes trauma? Is it just light injuries or is it healing the proper traumas, like the broken ribs and poo poo? If so which is it, the tooltips on his healing powers seem to imply it is light injuries only.

It doesn't remove trauma, it removes staggered, which a replenishing useful stimm inflicts. It would be great if that stimm actually worked as described. It also removes fatigued, which are from failing skill checks, and otherwise are a go back to ship to remove thing.

Better med kits can remove traumas.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ygolonac posted:

Hope that more appearance choices can be added by modders, I'm a bit annoyed that I can't build my portrait's half-metal-face-and-glowy-eye look.

You get items that will be your glow eyes.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The Lone Badger posted:

You know what? I hate Drukhari ships.

Edit: Perhaps I'm not meant to be fighting these 'patrols'. I thought I could get some xp and trophies (navy rep is in direly short supply) but they seem to have an infinite supply of destroyers.

There's a wave survival mission you've probably stumbled into. You either wipe the board or survive.

I like drukhari ships because you drop torpedoes near the start of your turn to protect your rear end, and they always fall for it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

FuzzySlippers posted:

I seem to recall in previous games if your character was alone you'd have to pass skill checks yourself, but it seems like I always have access to party skills no matter what. Do you ever need the skills specifically on the PC?

Yes, it happens.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Clerical Terrors posted:

STDs in the Warhammer universe are pretty wild.

Sexually transferred disappearance

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Advanced skill also gives you a reroll in the skill (who knows if it's actually working all the time).

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Warmachine posted:

I was flipping through Adeptus Ridiculous because I have a lot of catching up to do between 3rd/4th Edition and today, and after watching their Rogue Traders episode, I feel like there's a new thread title in there we can just keep in the pocket if the current one (an excellent one) ever grows stale:

Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader: Not to worry, I have a permit

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Further Reading posted:

I don't think think I'll ever get the rep for the improved heavy bolter. I'm on about 30k and about to start Act 5.

You get it as a drop late act 5, just so you can know what you've been missing.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The Lone Badger posted:

Where can I find equipment suitable for Largeguy McHuge, other than his starting?

Eufrates II has some.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

They did not fix ulfar charging across the room to shoot someone with his pistol? Or charging halfway across the universe because his not-shown landing point can't fit his fat rear end?

also apparently one of the delf destoyers was packing a frigate class weapon, which is why it did so much damage.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Carcer posted:

Its demotivated me to continue playing it. Whats the point if every combat ends with argenta having murdered everything before her first actual turn comes up.

lol look at this baby who gave up at first stupidly overpowered build they found

find more

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Carcer posted:

Why though? Whats the point in engaging with a system with the objective being to do as little of it as possible?

There's a massive gulf between optimizing your party so that you win fights decisively and winning combat for the entire game so hard you're done before round 1 really began. I'm not interested in finding technical flaws in games I can exploit to speed run them, and I'm not interested in speed running every single combat in this game.

Finding synergies is fun to me. I don't much care if they're over/underpowered, that was a joke. It's learning and discovering that I enjoy. I routinely sidelined whatever crutch I was relying on, brought along weaker characters until I could find something to make them work. Why throw the baby out with the bathwater just because stupidly OP stuff exists?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

pentyne posted:

Combat changes are supposed to be the next big upgrade. I would hope its a mix of balances to those T1 wipe exploits and reduction to the enemy HP inflation.

I don't know if they can fix Ulfar without some major work. He's built like a 50/50 mix of melee and ranged which is really sub-optimal in this game. Plus he comes loaded with so many useless talents (second skin? the medium armor buff?) it reads more like making a lore accurate character in spite of the game design expectation.

The biggest killer is his lack of items, and how his items are mostly fenced off. Arch militants can absolutely wreck poo poo by switching melee/ranged, it's just heavy bolters/stubbers over shadow everything else at the moment.

Still mad he can't have a pistol in one hand and a thunder hammer in the other, or double fun sized thunder hammers. Let me play golf with my enemies.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The end credits should really come with an undergraduates degree in rogue trading after navigating all those level ups.

pentyne posted:

Abelard is set up to work as the best tank in the game, to a point where the Space Marine companion has the durability of tissue paper compared to him.

Ulfar needs cautious stance and some officer extra turn investment if you want him to tank, but once you get him going he can tank and murder with the best of them, or switch between full murder and full tanking depending on what you need. I played vanguard Abe which colours my opinion of him, but I found deflection/armour tanking dropped off late game, and I wasn't even playing on the hardest difficulties. Or the really good items arrived too late to really use them.

E: like that judge dredd heavy armour that gave a massive bonus to armour if you have high coercion. I can't remember but there was some item that gave armour based on lore imperium, so Jae of all people had a huge armour rating for me.

This is moot anyhow as Cassia is the secret best tank. :v:

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 1, 2024

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Nephthys posted:

Am I getting screwed by RNG or something because I'm just about to do Kiava Gamma and I've only gotten the drat Imperial Navy vendor halfway to the first rank? The rate I get void trophies feels incredibly anemic compared to everything else so I've only gotten a few upgrades dropped from fights.

Is this normal or is there something I'm missing here?

Check your inventory, void trophies might not go to cargo automatically. I can't recall if they fixed that bug or they just said they fixed that bug, or they did fix it then it has unfixed itself who knows with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I bet magnus did nothing wrong while making that door.