Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It's also really, really hard to ride that knife edge of a good player experience if the enemies have the same scaling as the player. There's a delicate balance of challenging but also not too obscenely hard. Think chess bots, but it would have to be way more complex.

It's way easier to adjust encounters via giving the enemies more or less hp/damage/abilities than the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Abby and Pasqal are the best. Pasqal is by far the funniest character in the entire game if you pay any attention at all to him. Abby is battlegrandpa. I think he's actually technically a great grandfather.

It took way too long for me to realize Abby = Abelard since many, many 40k fans refer to Abbadon as Abby.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Yrliet has some story beats in it too.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

In regards to navigation points, I saw a limited resource and in true gamer fashion proceeded to refuse to spend any of it unless absolutely necessary.

While this left me with plenty for the necessary quests, it made the game drag on since nearly every jump had some "in flight entertainment" in the form of daemons.