Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

sounds like an owlcat game alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

warhammer is real

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

had to check the video to make sure they didnt mean december 2024 :eyepop:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

There's definitely a little bit of tweaking to be done before release. The biggest constraint by far I had in the colony aspect of the game was people.

Thematically that's about like having a dune RPG where Paul's plans are held up by not having enough sand.

lol

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Xun posted:

The romance options are critical

this

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

Let me gently caress the emperor

thought this was the bg3 thread for a moment and had a post all ready to go

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i was going to say something like "i have good news"

in baldurs gate 3 you can gently caress a character called the emperor who is a manipulative, psionic, glamour using, founder of the state who believes his species is superior

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the party portraits and initiative tracker being in opposite locations from bg3 is going to trip me up lol

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

can someone post an overview of the character creation options? preferably not a video. mostly asking because ive never seen anyone turn down an opportunity to infodump about warhammer 40k

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thanks, gonna start thinking up character ideas

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

you can flip a triumph to upgrade one of your green dice to a yellow or upgrade one of your opponents difficulty dice from a purple to a red and your opponent can use a darkness to do the same thing to you

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

so did the recent previews say anything about encounter design

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Perfect Potato posted:

Yeah all those needle blight ambushes and generic zombie/wraith encounters in Act 2 were super memorable. Also can't forget the "ambushed by a half dozen doppelgangers" fight at the circus no wait under the temple no wait at the harper hideout no wait the wine tasting festival no wait the barber's no wait

in an owlcat game all of those would be in one dungeon

also youre kinda proving his point with the doppelganger example

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Nephthys posted:

I don't believe there is any problem with having "trash fights" in CRPGs. They work in games where combat is partially about resource management so the challenge of the combat is more a question of whether to spend a spell slot or if you can get through the fight without having to heal after. It's also just fun imo to cut down hordes of enemies and optimise your party to beat those kinds of encounters without any trouble.

If anything, I'd criticise BG3 for not really having any "throwaway fights". There weren't many fights where I really felt like I was able to let my party just do what I built them to do without some kind of twist complicating things.

a suggestion i have is to quicksave before a fight and then quickload after you win as many times as necessary

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Clerical Terrors posted:

From the PC Gamer review:

Kinda expected from Owlcat although you'd hope they'd have figured out by now not to have these kinds of issues on launch. The progression-blocking bugs still being there is really bad, I remember having a few of those in beta as well and I'd really hoped they'd have fixed them by now.

lol that last one owns

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Cantorsdust posted:

An Owlcat game with bugs on release and too many trash fights sounds about par for the course. I’ll keep drinking that garbage though

this

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

overly complicated games is a dogwhistle about russians

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

owlcat has gone to the next step with dlc where you get the dlc instead of the actual game

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

anyone know if theres a respec option, specifically one that lets you change your portraits? i want to make some changes to mine but im still early enough that i can just restart if i cant

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i had a fight where i killed less enemies than they killed each other from friendly fire, i assume this is normal for warhammer

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

am i missing something or does the sanctic talent that increases your psy rating whenever someone uses a heroic act not seem to do anything

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i was thinking the trash mobs werent so bad then i got to the starport and wtf

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

so how do you find out what the hymm is in the electric temple

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

end of rykad spoilers

i cant even feel triumphant about this. this is just sad

do psychic attacks count for arch militant and what do they count as?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

is there a way to rotate a grand strategists combat zones

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

so what tier 2archetype are you guys putting heinrix in, i figure his healing would make him a pretty good vanguard

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

theres some notes that imply the spaceport gets harder if you go there later because they have more time to prepare, does anyone know if thats true

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

whats with all the random vine booms that keep playing on the flagship bridge

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

finally got the book on a stick :buddy:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Rigorous Training and Psalm of Heroes still being broken stinks. Weird they hit most of the non-functioning stuff and not those two.

e: apparently rigorous training will randomly unbug itself and start working???

looked these up and i found a reddit thread about the first one from 6 months ago lol. dont hold your breath for these ones folks

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

Someone upthread said it best: In 40k, having lack of people being a problem makes as much sense as Paul Muad'Dib plans being stopped by a lack of sand.

the person youre responding to is the one who said that :v:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i havent run into any big game breaking bugs here but psalms of heroes still does absolutely nothing which would be like if the clerics spirit guardians didnt work in bg3

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

oh i was wondering why that was happening, i thought that was a bug

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ive been finding the puzzles in this to be not so bad but the bar is at the bottom of that ocean in the dark crusade ttrpg thats deeper than the diameter of the planet its on

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i have no idea what to even use lethality for

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thanks but what do you use lethality for

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

anyone know if these abilities work with each other?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

what does short burning mean on torpedoes

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i need to have the wardens in my throne room executed, good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ai art ethics are bad and all but im a poster and not an artist so my main issue with it is that people will take even the smallest excuse to flood everything with that crap

Xun posted:

I used art I commissioned myself :smaug:

It's of my black crusade character though so lol heresy away

i think i recognize that art style, is that by celestial fang