Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you prefer to browse?
Browser from a desktop PC/laptop
Mobile app/browser
Computer at the Public Library
Mail-in ballot posts
I do not browse the forums.
View Results

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

mudskipp posted:

But are computers phones?

A computer phone is called a "modem". It makes an awful racket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I type all my posts on a Nokia 3310, the superior device for posting, then fragment and sms it through a series of devices until it can work Its way here

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Modem? drat near killed ‘em!

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
My dragon V-to-T allows me to post hands free

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i began voice to texting my posts into my bluetooth headset years ago no maam im talking to the internet please go ahead

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's ok to talk to your internet. You should only be worried when it responds.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Chromebooks are phones

Colonel Cancer posted:

I type all my posts on a Nokia 3310, the superior device for posting, then fragment and sms it through a series of devices until it can work Its way here

They can survive a night in a toilet full of piss and a drop off a 4 story balcony

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I have my assistant curate a set of posts I might find interesting and then dictate my response to them. A person is basically a biological computer though so I voted PC browser

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Remember when tablets were supposed to completely replace PC's/Laptops for a short time there around 2008? I'm glad that happened.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

I use a PC to upload my posts, but they are generated entirely by my anus.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tarkus posted:

Remember when tablets were supposed to completely replace PC's/Laptops for a short time there around 2008? I'm glad that happened.

Please tell Microsoft this did not, in fact, happen.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Lol if u need wifi to post and ur posts dont just appear on the internet through pure strength of will

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I haven't even seen a computer in years. Are they still around?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Voted all five options.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Tarkus posted:

it kind of did happen. only weird old losers like us and capital G gamers use computers for the internet. everyone else is using their phone.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it kind of did happen. only weird old losers like us and capital G gamers use computers for the internet. everyone else is using their phone.

Yeah I guess, though I'd say laptops/pcs per capita use has still gone up from that time since if you want to do any kind of actual work you need a keyboard and a decent screen. Using a tablet/phone just doesn't cut it for anything but loving around.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I sit spread eagle and I need dual monitors at a minimum. Don't confine, cramp or pigeon hole me I need room to work.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Yeah well Donald Trump was president of the united states. People are loving stupid. Get real post boxes you dumb pieces of poo poo.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I need to put all my weight into a creaking, frayed office chair my dad's work threw out in 2003 before I crack my knuckles in front of my Dell Workstation with a System of a Down sticker and boot up Something Awful Dot Com.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've ever felt the need to delete the browser history on my phone. Only lame boring things transpire when one surfs with a telephone

My computer though, holy poo poo!! I format the hard drive daily

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Any of you guys print out posts before your read em?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

mudskipp posted:

I type them out on carbon paper. Needs to be in triplicate.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YfjMZ6n8Bk

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Hardawn posted:

I sit spread eagle and I need dual monitors at a minimum. Don't confine, cramp or pigeon hole me I need room to post.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

mudskipp posted:

My secretary (or home caretaker, tomato tomahto whatever :rolleyes:) does this for me

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

beep by grandpa posted:

My secretary (or home caretaker, tomato tomahto whatever :rolleyes:) does this for me

thats cool u got a medical masturbator assigned to u

parity
May 16, 2019

all things are nothing to me
Not directly. I have my printer automatically print out the new threads and p̶͎̠̆̚ǒ̸̭s̷͎̖͐t̶͔̫̀̀s̷͍̬̅ every few minutes, and if I have something to say, I cut out the post I wish to reply to, paste it atop a sheet of paper, and clack o̶͕͗͝ų̷̉t̶̺͂ a response on a typewriter below it. I then put that in the copier, scan it, and it â̶̠͇u̶͚̚͠t̶̙̼͂o̶̰͒̈́m̵̗̍a̶̹͗t̶̬͐̅i̵̤̻̓c̴̥̬͌a̸͇̅l̴̘͚̕l̵͙̆ẙ̴̞͍̐ interprets the text I wrote and posts a response on the forum for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

parity posted:

Not directly. I have my printer automatically print out the new threads and p̶͎̠̆̚ǒ̸̭s̷͎̖͐t̶͔̫̀̀s̷͍̬̅ every few minutes, and if I have something to say, I cut out the post I wish to reply to, paste it atop a sheet of paper, and clack o̶͕͗͝ų̷̉t̶̺͂ a response on a typewriter below it. I then put that in the copier, scan it, and it â̶̠͇u̶͚̚͠t̶̙̼͂o̶̰͒̈́m̵̗̍a̶̹͗t̶̬͐̅i̵̤̻̓c̴̥̬͌a̸͇̅l̴̘͚̕l̵͙̆ẙ̴̞͍̐ interprets the text I wrote and posts a response on the forum for me.

This is a really good idea. Is there a printer / all in one thread? I haven't kept up with the latest offerings from Lexmark