Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
they filmed back to the future twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

L.A. Takedown is kind of a lovely made for TV dry run for Heat. I haven't watched the whole thing beginning to end but from what I've seen, I don't think it'd work without the performances, cinematography and production values of Heat. Collateral is almost as good as Heat though.

Did he direct the show? I thought he only did the TV.

what was the name of that movie with Ice Cube's son that was Heat 2.0?
Thieves' Den, I think
It had Gerrard Butler as the sheriff

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

Den of Thieves? Close enough lol. Feels like it was 10 years ago but yeah it was pretty good, though I don't think it had that Michael Mann touch or left the kind of long lasting impact. Really struggling to remember any particular scene or set piece from that movie.

That's because it was 10 years ago. As set pieces go, I liked the shoot out on the LA Highway

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Network tv in general was pretty messed up in the 80s. I blame the FCC letting tv advertise to children. Everything became family friendly to sell cereals and toys so the stuff meant for adults sometimes went real hard

I am fairly sure the only reason my mom has Honey bunches of oats is from cartoons. I mean it's pretty good and she loves it, but what the hell 1990s?