Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
L.A. Takedown is kind of a lovely made for TV dry run for Heat. I haven't watched the whole thing beginning to end but from what I've seen, I don't think it'd work without the performances, cinematography and production values of Heat. Collateral is almost as good as Heat though.

italian quid posted:

This is really stupid because the early Miami Vice episodes in the first couple seasons where he had an actual influence and impact on the show actually owns. Once Dick Wolf joined the show thats when it actually went to poo poo and you can see the genesis of why all crime procedurals are loving terrible now.

Also Manhunter loving owns how was that not a massive loving hit in the 80s
Did he direct the show? I thought he only did the TV. movie. [E: brainfart]

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what was the name of that movie with Ice Cube's son that was Heat 2.0?
Thieves' Den, I think
It had Gerrard Butler as the sheriff
Den of Thieves? Close enough lol. Feels like it was 10 years ago but yeah it was pretty good, though I don't think it had that Michael Mann touch or left the kind of long lasting impact. Really struggling to remember any particular scene or set piece from that movie.