Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Something I'd like to point out here is we had to re-do a few chunks of these a few times, so occasionally we did have practice with the stages, but it was mostly a blind run for both of us.

And it made no difference in the end!!! :black101:

If only my luck would hold up consistently like that going forward... :sweatdrop:

And regardless of how much I got my entire rear end handed to me it was great getting a chance to hear SBL's soundtrack again for the first time in probably 20 years. Such a great SNES game, sports or not.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Having tried this one out I’m definitely curious to see how more modern takes on the game handle. Despite doing absolutely terrible it was pretty fun, and AFL Evolution 2 came out on PS4 in 2020. Maybe it’ll be worth revisiting once we get past all the retro stuff!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Yeah not gonna lie I really really enjoyed this game. Got me all looking up backyard cricket sets and modern video game versions afterwards.

Cricket ‘22 seems to be the way to go if you want the modern experience, though there’s more choices available on the PS store than I would have expected. There haven’t been any Brian Lara games since 2007 though. :(

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bogart posted:

Don Bradman's Cricket when

We already did cricket though. :saddowns:

(But we might go back if I break down and buy a copy. I’m a little hooked. :v: )

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ilmucche posted:

does the actual game run at 5 seconds per frame? the skiing event has 1 frame of skiing, 1 frame of crashing then back to menus

Professor Duck posted:

No, that's not right--something is screwy on the render. We'll have to fix that.

It’s probably better this way to be honest. Pretty much the entire winter olympics run was deeply shameful. :v:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I really can’t stress how much fun this mode is.

Balanced? Absolutely not. But so, so much fun.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
An all-time classic. It was interesting trying the actual arcade version too, I genuinely can’t remember if I ever played it back in the day, but the console versions definitely didn’t have as much RAZZLE DAZZLE as the original.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Professor Duck posted:

THE SPORT

Football! Handegg! Inflatable Oblong Zeppelin Toss! Whatever you wanna call it, this is it!

THE GAME

Pigskin 621 AD! You know Arch Rivals? Well, it's back--in football form!

THE CONTEST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QomlkvULqU
Honestly...I remember really having fun with this when I was little. It's still fun, but I didn't remember the controls being this loose before. There's a Genesis port that I played, and perhaps that's what I was remembering rather than the arcade version. I'm not sure, but it is a good, mindless football game to play against friends!

It really is fun but I’d have to imagine that back in the day paying two bucks for a full game of football was kind of a steep ask.

Still wondering if anyone has the merch around these days. I’d totally say I want to buy an official Pigskin jersey and then never actually buy it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Really fun game, but I’m kind of surprised it never took off like NBA Jam did. Only one game in the series and only two home versions probably made sure of that, but I wonder if it was considered a flop when it came out.

Also, a small correction:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Alternate game title: Doogsmashers. :v:

I am not all that good at this, if it isn’t already painfully obvious.