Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

medically certified even

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

aardvark in an almond

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The peanut was a scam

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
just a friendly warning... when you get this possum in a peanut... don't do the unthinkable with it. do not do the unthinkable with it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Mine arrived. He's a birthday present though so has to sit in a drawer until August

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
can I link pictures of my late possum here? Because everyone needs to see her

Everyone say hi to Waldo.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Tracula posted:

can I link pictures of my late possum here? Because everyone needs to see her

Everyone say hi to Waldo.

she looks very cool, sorry for your loss

backstory?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Luvcow posted:

she looks very cool, sorry for your loss

backstory?

I was going out once for some physical therapy for my leg and our chocolate lab wanted to come with as usual. So she started sniffing in the garden and my ma went to look. She called me over and said, "Will! Theres a baby possum over here." I laughed and thought she was joking but no she was serious. So we took this little thing and put it in a livetrap until we got back home and then started doing intense possum research on what they eat, etc. We've fostered dozens of farm cats so one funny looking one with a pointy nose and rat tail was nothing different.

She was just under 100 grams when we got her and normally they fall off the mother at about 300ish so she was way too small. And yeah, we adopted and kept her. I have baby pics somewhere to dig up. But she was just wonderful and so much fun to have around. She sucked at being a possum. Never climbed, never played dead, never used her tail and was a fussy eater. Only would eat scrambled eggs (with shell in to give her calcium since they need that), peaches in heavy syrup and 93& learn hamburger. Seriously she would not touch anything else. But yeah she lived with us and the cats and dog happily. One day she just was on her side and that was it. Like a heart attack or stroke how suddenly it happened. Gave her a full 24 hours to wake up before we knew, yeah, that was it. They only live 2-4 years on average sadly.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Hell Gem

Tracula posted:

I was going out once for some physical therapy for my leg and our chocolate lab wanted to come with as usual. So she started sniffing in the garden and my ma went to look. She called me over and said, "Will! Theres a baby possum over here." I laughed and thought she was joking but no she was serious. So we took this little thing and put it in a livetrap until we got back home and then started doing intense possum research on what they eat, etc. We've fostered dozens of farm cats so one funny looking one with a pointy nose and rat tail was nothing different.

She was just under 100 grams when we got her and normally they fall off the mother at about 300ish so she was way too small. And yeah, we adopted and kept her. I have baby pics somewhere to dig up. But she was just wonderful and so much fun to have around. She sucked at being a possum. Never climbed, never played dead, never used her tail and was a fussy eater. Only would eat scrambled eggs (with shell in to give her calcium since they need that), peaches in heavy syrup and 93& learn hamburger. Seriously she would not touch anything else. But yeah she lived with us and the cats and dog happily. One day she just was on her side and that was it. Like a heart attack or stroke how suddenly it happened. Gave her a full 24 hours to wake up before we knew, yeah, that was it. They only live 2-4 years on average sadly.

What was the bathroom situation like?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

ArmZ posted:

aardvark in an almond

Capybara in a coconut.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

finger gently caress that little turd

finger blast

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Luvcow posted:

trailer for the upcoming movie has been released

rumor is it's going to be a hard rated r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVrXj0L2V90

You got me hooked on Mr. Q videos now.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP still hasn't received his Possum in a Peanut.

I think we need to discuss the shortages and supply chain issues plaguing the Possum in a Peanut business.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Saalkin posted:

ocelot in an apricot
shrew in a cashew
bear in a pear

Crab in a bag

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The plot thickens

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also this has to be the worst reaction to a predator attack ever. I don't think possums are good at surviving so much as they're good at reproducing

It's not graphic but drat it's over real quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgYPXI9TBIo

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 13, 2022

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Gators are good at eating

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
must have possum

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It just goes to show that if even an alligator can outsmart you marsupials are just a lovely life to be born into

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I think we need to discuss the shortages and supply chain issues plaguing the Possum in a Peanut business.

85% of peanut-based vehicles are manufactured in Ukraine and the factories have been devastated by the fighting. The remaining nuts have been converted into military equipment.

Also, most of the drivers have been displaced: they are now Possums in Poland.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Bum the Sad posted:

What was the bathroom situation like?

Honest to god she used a litterbox. We put her in it once, she did her business and from then on she just kinda knew to do it.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Also this has to be the worst reaction to a predator attack ever. I don't think possums are good at surviving so much as they're good at reproducing

It's not graphic but drat it's over real quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgYPXI9TBIo

Possum in an alligator.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Hell Gem

Tracula posted:

Honest to god she used a litterbox. We put her in it once, she did her business and from then on she just kinda knew to do it.

that rules I'm very jealous of your possum pet experience

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Tracula posted:

that's a really cool story thank you and again I'm sorry for your loss

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

my parents had a north american skunk as a pet for a bit while they were dating... its mom was hit by a car and they found it on the side of the road near grandpa's farm while heading out there to work the fields for the summer.

they took it to a vet and got it de-skunked.

They would keep him on my Grandparent's farm with a light at night to attract insects and he would jump around, pin 4 to the ground (one with each paw) then eat them one at a time.

I think he made it about 4 years before he was taken by a predator... he may not have been able to spray people or wanted to, but he also couldn't spray predators :(

he woulda died otherwise though.. this was like the late 60s. Of course my Mom named him Pepé Le Pew.

This was decades before I was born but he must have left an imprint because they used to talk about him when we were growing up. Apparently he was pretty chill and just fun to watch. Not something to pet but just to feed and water and enjoy.

That's my story about a pet skunk my ancestors had for a few years.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Luvcow posted:

that's a really cool story thank you and again I'm sorry for your loss

Thank you. I've actually had two different possum stories since then. One where a little one snuck into my ex's place and then another where at the family farm there was a dead mother with a few surviving babies. I'd be happy to share about those if anyone is interested!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

Thank you. I've actually had two different possum stories since then. One where a little one snuck into my ex's place and then another where at the family farm there was a dead mother with a few surviving babies. I'd be happy to share about those if anyone is interested!

Yes please

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Buy direct, gently caress Amazon:
https://mcphee.com/collections/popular/products/possum-in-a-peanut

They also make opossums explicitly not in a peanut for those of you who have expressed allergy concerns.

Luvcow posted:

they eat ticks

like maybe that possum is driving that peanut around to find some ticks to eat
That's apparently a myth. Evidently the original study took some captive opossums and offered then a shitload of ticks to eat, and they did, so the researched marked them down as tick-eating fanatics, but in nature they don't really give a poo poo about ticks. It's more like opossums will eat ticks when ticks are put in their food dish.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34298355/

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Knormal posted:

Opossums will eat ticks when ticks are put in their food dish.

Hell, same.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's free protein. Animals love that poo poo. That's why herbivores ear baby chicks who fell out of nests

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's free protein. Animals love that poo poo. That's why herbivores ear baby chicks who fell out of nests

Hell, same.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Where are the fuckin possums/peanuts

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

RatHat posted:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Knormal posted:

They also make opossums explicitly not in a peanut for those of you who have expressed allergy concerns.

fat mobility-assisted possums

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

goon in a platoon

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

RatHat posted:

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Now this is quality content! I was expecting your typical two sentence absurdist shitpost, but no, a legit thread about a Possum in a Peanut backed up by images and information. Well done goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I was kind of surprised that this turned out not to be some sort of southern US colloquial interjection