Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
It's funny that the thread icon is the MLG logo because my first fightstick was an MLG branded Madcatz TE.

I didn't actually use it that much because I never fully got into SF4 and it sat in my closet for awhile, I later sold it for about what I paid for it.

When I started playing SFV and then Xrd I got a Qanba Q1. I put silent Sanwas on it and replaced the lever with a Seimitsu LS-32.

This is the only pic I can find of it, I was holding $25 because I was jazzed about winning my Xrd local.

Later on I tried to replace the PCB on the Qanba and accidentally ruined it, so I bought a Hori RAPN which I still use.

My RAP has pretty similar parts as the Qanba did: silent Sanwa buttons, Seimitsu lever. I have a couple more stickers on it now than when I took this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Suggestion: It might be cool to see a goon stick gallery in one of the OP threads. I like seeing what everyone's got.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Ulio posted:

Any guides or template for mapping keyboard for fighting games? I am interested in getting a mixbox or hitbox but just want to feel playing a fighting game on non controller.

I usually do:

code:
 W           UIO
ASD          JKL

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

https://imgur.com/a/9AAKgA8

https://imgur.com/a/LNQJKCL

dhamster fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 6, 2023

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/7upjawa/status/1716302457436057623?t=lhuuzQnuMvLMYrgDrgfFOg&s=19

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fighters/comments/1b80uoq/does_anyone_else_practice_motion_inputs_on_gear/

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

univbee posted:

My brain interpreted that link in the British sense and thought it meant "practising while high on cocaine".

He has a right hand driver side car so..

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I just installed The Link lever into my Hori Rap N and it's cool, but the dust cover feels like it's set a little too high now. I put the dust cover over the dust cover catcher o ring, but I might take the o ring off entirely. Has anyone ever used The Link? It didn't come with any instructions so I'm a little unsure that I set it up right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

dads_work_files posted:

I use one and I've just got round to putting a dust cover on it. It feels about right to me but I haven't tried putting it in my RAP enclosure to see how it sits. I'd imagine taking the O-ring off wouldn't make it sit that much lower, but the dust cover would fall off when you remove the stick.

I did have to file down the inside of the dust cover slightly to get it to sit right, I'm talking a tiny tiny bit of filing on this aftermarket aluminium dealie, so maybe that might help, if it's catching on the shaft?

I ended up just taking it off, i think the RAP N dust cover is already pretty tight around this shaft, so it was feeling awkward sitting too high. Plus I can just store the lever and dust cover in the cord compartment.. which isnt broken yet. Though now I have a little envy for those sticks that are really easy to open