Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

This is a borderline "never heard of her and she never did anything anyway and probably brought me coffee once and is just a jealous loser anyway" response from Donny. The kind of response he usually gives when one of his underlings does something and he feels he has to pretend that they never existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Inebriated Rudi got a shout out.

Beaten like Rudy's liver after happy hour

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Knowing he probably will never go to prison my biggest hope is that he will suffer some rage stroke from all this.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Just because you are drinking straight rum out of a Diet Pepsi bottle doesn't mean you were drinking alcohol.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Why does this guy sound like he is a mixture of having a stroke and being a kid who did not prepare for his term paper discussion except for a few key phrases?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My closed captioning before this guy was lagging behind what was being said but I think it is now way ahead/overlapping this guy's speech

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
No one is stopping him from testifying to the committee. I say give him all the equal time he wants on the witness stand.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Trump contains the pettiness and whininess of 1,000 toddlers. It's his freaking super power.

Please tell me Eastman is no longer allowed to practice law.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Xiahou Dun posted:

Motherfucker tried to bribe someone with signed MAGA hats?!?!?!?!

Never underestimate the delusional power of narcististic idiot

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Rudy has put on his cape, downed half a bottle of whiskey, and is on his way to your house as we speak

Half a bottle? Sounds like Rudy isn't treating this seriously enough it it is only half a bottle.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
In the past 2 years it never really occurred to me one of the funniest things about the election was that a bunch of down ballot Republicans got more votes than Donny. The has got to gently caress around with his ginormously malignant ego

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo are we going to get a list of members of congress trying to get pardons for being dipshits?

edit: Clark sounds like a character straight out of Veep.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 23, 2022

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
"The president as a layman...." I love how people keep dancing around the fact that Donny had no loving idea how government works.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
"Hi Italy. Were you switching votes in our elections? I mean it might be a bit crazy but....hello....hi....anyone there....?"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
How much poo poo would these guys need to take before the stop treating the president as if he was someone worthy of respect? It's like trying to talk to a hyperactive tantrum throwing brat as if they are a rational adult.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So glad they actually got to name and call out the republican dipshits looking for pardons.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
What time is the hearing today?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

These are pretty much "fill in the blank name here" forms.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

alf_pogs posted:

does Trump really listen to anybody? i find it hard to think of anyone who has had his ear for longer than five seconds

No one knows law better then Trump. Why, he has heard the best lawyers say "sir, your legal mind is best in the world and you would make the best lawyer ever sir". True story.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Basically any time some rich arsehole wants to tear down the local community center for a parking lot that rich arsehole is a stand in for Trump

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Uglycat posted:

Hey, if there a legal path to a death penalty for Trump?

Easy there, Louise Mensch

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Probably just use it as a soapbox to talk about how the government is bringing in illegals and killing white babies or some poo poo. I would be reluctant about giving shitheads platforms.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Bannon has already talked to Trump and told him exactly what he is going to say/lie about. He convinced Trump and such. They would be a fool to do anything with him unless it's to get for perjury.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I wish we could watch Trump on something like Twitch watching these hearings. His facial experiences would be portrait worthy

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Death of Stalin vibes.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's amazing to see the true believers vs grifters dichotomy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Screenwriters have started already writing what they think was said at this meeting for the inevitable McKay movie

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

tecnocrat posted:

The guy who created the Donald spinoff from Reddit wearing a Reagan/Bush shirt. On-loving-brand.

Oh come on. That isn't subtle at all. Oh wait, that actually happened.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Bahahahah Trump trying to intimidate a witness!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
"Hey coffeeboy who I have never met but I have been told by everyone is very mean and bad at his job, I heard you were testifying about my perfect and beautiful efforts to overturn the election and if you do I will be forced to do something very very very bad"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Almost Smart posted:

drat, I wish [unnamed witness] had picked up and recorded the conversation, because that would have been doomsday. As it stands, tubby can say it was a butt-dial or someone else had his phone or he just wanted to know where he left his girdle. Without direct goddamn dead to rights evidence, it’s only going to warrant is a shrug as far as the law is concerned.

I was thinking the same thing but I would assume that Trump was told that he must absolutely not contact a list of people under any circumstance.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Cimber posted:

He's like my fuckin' 8 year old kid, who does what I tell him not to do just to piss me off.

Is reverse psychology a form of entrapment?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I always wonder what are people's breaking points. For the oath keeper dude it was Holocaust denial.
We live in Canada but that hasn't stopped my dad from saying what a great president Trump is and how he is great for the economy and speaks the truth and isn't afraid to offend, but when January 6 happened my dad started saying what a terrible person Trump is and how he hopes Trump gets arrested and sent to jail for it.
I figure a lot of people have a tipping point, maybe it's seeing the Confederate flag being paraded around the buildings in Washington, or seeing the kind of people marching for the same leader you like. I'm not saying ever chud is redeemable, or every one of them reaches that "aha" moment, it might even take some a long long time, but not everyone is worth writing off straight away.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I regret to inform you that my dad, a fox news consumer, says the jan 6 Committee opens the door to political investigation theater where Republicans will simply jail all the Democrats when they gain power. The committee was illegitimate the second they didn't let Republicans place persons of interest like Jordan on the panel investigating the crime he was involved in.

And Cassidy was fake news, she got every detail wrong about the one portion of her testimony regarding trump in the secret service car and nobody is corroborating it, so everything else she said is wrong too.

And all the Republican testimony they keep using as evidence? People trying to win politically, telling "half truths" under oath, with their messages being twisted by the committee to sell Democrat votes.

Sorry y'all pack it in the country appears to be over. Crimes committed by politicians cannot be prosecuted by the government because it's too political.

I seem to remember a whole bunch of committees and interviews about Benghazi. Also Clinton actually going to those. I'm assuming your dad just memory holed those.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
You know how Trump's kids greatfully benefitted by nepotism when he was in the office to the point that one of his own kids was given a government advisor title which just meant tax payer money went to paying her and what bullshit that is. Well dumbfucks favourite way of defending there orange idol is by accusing the opposition of all the poo poo he has done and they think Hunter is somehow worse than all the poo poo Trump's unloved children have done.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lemming posted:

Could you point the posts you're responding to, here? I'm not sure anyone has argued the bolded bit

Does this count?

Jaxyon posted:

Guys, I dunno if having this secret police named the SS and staffed with goons loyal to a white supremacist fascist was a good idea

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I wonder if these Republican shitheads have a moment of clarity when they have chuds shouting about how they are traitors and everything they say is fake news

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Personally I think its great that they have these enablers testifying because it should shut up people who say this is all the Democrats going after Trump. Sadly I think the chuds are great at burying their head in the sand and saying these people are democrat antifa commies or some such poo poo.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Maybe they are NiN fans and the committee reminds them of one of Trent's best songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ReidRansom posted:

Is there somewhere doing live updates anyone can point me to? I'm on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic and don't have access to live US television. Or enough bandwidth to stream it unless I want to be a dickhole

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/january-6-hearings-july-21/index.html