Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

These Proud Boys sure seem to love this Trump fellow. Wouldn't want to disappoint him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

How can anyone watch this and go "yeah, that was just Antifa playing as Trump supporters"?

Sometime they were "tourists"

Kale
May 14, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

The full 12-page statement is surprisingly boring. Only a few paragraphs bring that classic Trump energy, the rest is obviously written by a staffer.

Too much about lovely policy stuff and GOP campaign rhetoric not enough about personal grievance and insulting people.

Kale
May 14, 2010

OgNar posted:

Aww cmon
Today is Trumpys birthday and they couldnt have him jailed on such a special occasion?

https://twitter.com/StandForBetter/status/1536721193599836160

Haha, the Melania bit is great.
Happy Birthday to me today as I remind everyone of that which is truly important again, my grievances.

People that say this can't be real are shitposting and stuck in 2015. One of the annoying things about Twitter.

Kale
May 14, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh, yeah. Now THIS one? This one he definitely wrote. Maybe not but that other coherent and succinct one from yesterday or the day before was not him. And even if he didn't compose this letter, the fact that we have to figure it out and wonder says all you need to know. Satire is dead, etc etc.

Also:

I'm not the best looking guy in the world myself but my god. Some Terry Gilliam characters happening here.

The one that talked about campaign and GOP rhetoric stuff and not about himself did not seem like anything he would write no. I don't think Ive really seen him lean into culture war horseshit except when theres a chance to insult his enemies because it would take time away from talking about his grievances.

Kale
May 14, 2010

William Bear posted:

Is this legally hearsay? I'm not a lawyer, but I thought hearsay would be if this witness were to say she heard another person talk about what Trump said.

Anyway, that magnetometer statement is pretty damning. The only defense I can think of is that Trump could insist he meant "These people wouldn't hurt me, they're my biggest fans!" If he emphasized the "me", as in "hurt me", that seems inescapable.

Edit: Jesus H Christ, he attacked a Secret Service guy?

If we to go by what the House GOP claims then basically no evidence is admissible in court

Kale
May 14, 2010

Chariots of Fire theme was the exact music playing in my head before I unmuted no joke.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1643252835969114112

George Santos and MTG have been spotted together making their way to the courthouse apparently. Always figured he'd end up falling in with that crowd since he seems to be in the House to troll and gaslight. No doubt the GOP base at large adores his antics and "getting away with it" (so far) even if NY might not anymore.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So when exactly did Bill Barr flip to being an anti Trump commentary guy? I know he peaced out after Jan 6 but like has he been an anti trump legal troubles commentary guy all this time and I just missed it?

Kale
May 14, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

i thought it was after the raid? barr went across the television giving interviews about how screwed trump is. so, like, almost exactly a year?

I didn't realize it had been quite that long. I would have guessed a few months maybe. He seemed to be evasive about Trump for a while and now all of a sudden is all John Bolton "Yeah I worked for the guy and hes crazy!!! Like nutso!!!"

Kale
May 14, 2010

Always a great sign of your cases standing with the court when the judge has to make an aside to your counsel not to question his rulings. Wonder if he manages to get an contempt of court rulings in all of this.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Levitate posted:

ultimately the "funny" part of all of this (if you don't count the tremendous damage he has done to the country and political apparatus) is that if he hadn't decided to run for president and then double and triple and quadruple down on every grift and lie and fraud he probably would have been fine living out the rest of his days as "billionaire Donald Trump" and not dealing with the vast majority of this poo poo but instead he pissed everyone off and drew attention to his more shady poo poo and the likelyhood of him dying in 5-10 years broke and in prison is far higher than anyone could have ever thought

Flew too close to the sun...

I wouldn't say everyone , hes still Orange Jesus for 55% or so of GOP voters who are in love with the idea of him owning the Libs over his obvious failures both in office and as a person. His actual greatest lasting achievement for the conservative movement is just happening to be the guy in office when 3 supreme court justices needed replacing in the span of 3.5 years, which is not something that could happen in a theoretical second term. Like maybe shitlord Thomas would retire which good luck finding a guy more corrupt than he is that'll pass a theoretical Democratic senate majority or even necessarily a GOP one even.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Dude seems pissed. lol

In their capacity as personifying the court, most actual serious judges tend to get mad pissed when you disrespect or disparage the courts authority and rules of decorum like Trump and his legal team have. Alex Jones ate poo poo for it too during his trial.

IMO he's trying to bait the judge into action so he can parlay it into his usual whining about being treated unfairly, the difference being that he isn't being treated unfairly and the judge does actually have the power to do exactly the things they say they will do if he keeps disrespecting their rulings and engaging in open contempt of court so whatever political return he gets out of it from his base that will support him regardless anyway is unlikely to outweigh the personal cost of being held in contempt of court.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 3, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

How exactly does RWM go about spinning Powell flipping and admitting to the crimes. Either way the grift seems to be falling apart really fast this week and just not seeing where they recover frlm it all.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Does Donald Trump even have half a billion dollars in easily liquidated assets?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

I thought we were supposed to be a country of law and order, doesn't seem like law and order when you let a cult leader direct his hordes to attack every court he goes to for all his crimes.

But I guess when the courts are all very unserious about actually doing anything, what can you expect.

They're serious if your net worth is sub 10 digits or possibly even sub 7-9 digits. Anything below that get hosed basically and expect to have the justice system come down on you full force if you do crimes

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hearing how catastrophically bad Trump Media did in 2023 and how outrageously overvalued the Truth Social stock is makes it even more insulting honestly. Like real nothing matters poo poo right there. You can have mid sized honest businesses have year on year growth and the stock barely moves or you can be Donald Trump and have a meme stock and make billions while your company is actually tanking. Really great poo poo America....

Kale
May 14, 2010

Non stop Conservative grievance poo poo is completely insufferable but I'm pretty sure thats the whole point.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Thinking about it its still kind of ironic that Trump went to all this trouble with the hush money about a situation it turns out his base could not give a gently caress about since they're in love with the idea of what he represents than the man himself. Like he absolutely did not need to pay her off to save face or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

The new CNN front page courtroom art of Trump and the Judge scowling at each other belongs in the Louvre IMO