Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

But what if someone bumps into him in the lobby before he's set to reveal the truth? He'd have to postpone the stunning revelation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

I actually saw them dispel that cash-for-representation myth in season 3 of Designated Survivor (the Netflix season), but man it wasn't very good. And their Joe Biden expy Dixiecrat (yes, I know Biden is not a southerner) former president character was named Cornelius. Cornelius!He may as well have been Foghorn Leghorn.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

They get a double benefit of lowering expenses on providing Dole Whips at the parks this way.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

Seems to me that an argument can be made that Trump's lenders didn't do their due diligence but I don't pretend to know how this poo poo works either, especially for rich and powerful people.

Grab 'em by the purse strings. When you're a celebrity they let you do it.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

The Engoron gag order was lifted by an appellate judge.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-letitia-james-fraud-trial-gag-order-c25e51a094dbcdeffbf67589b1c07f37

quote:

Ruling at an emergency hearing Thursday, Friedman questioned Engoron’s authority to police Trump’s speech outside the courtroom — such as his frequent gripes about the case on social media and in comments to TV cameras in the courthouse hallway.

Friedman said that while it’s true that judges often issue gag orders, they’re mostly used in criminal cases where there’s a fear that comments about the case could influence the jury. Trump’s civil trial doesn’t have a jury.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

The Bible posted:

I'd be fine with this. Anything that removes him from the 2024 election is fine.

If he doesn't die, he's still presumably electable. And far be it from Congress to be so unfair and mean-spirited as to invoke the 25th amendment to declare him incapacitated after Melania places Donald's hand on the Bible and repeats his whispered oaths of office on inauguration day.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

mdemone posted:

Engoron sighs and opens a New World Order document

Fixed it for you, according to Trump supporters

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

FMguru posted:

Yeeeepppppp.

It's so funny. They're the dumbest motherfuckers imaginable, and they are treated by the networks like they are these deeply thoughtful and unbiased sages, carefully weighing the pros and cons of each candidate's positions across the entire issue spectrum before finally rendering their wise, Solomon-like verdict.

And these Solomon voters will wisely divide the nation into two parts to appease feuding parties. I will arbitrarily pick North v. South, but it's completely at random and nothing of course to with anything that has come before in our history.

For certain presidents, retaining huge FL golf resorts may mean abandoning huge NY properties. Properties so big, they seem 3x the size of anything else you've ever seen like them.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

i thought that was McCain?

No, McCain's bindings were in a POW camp. Romney had the binders of women.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

dr_rat posted:

Seems the Supreme court would be much more efficient if the judges operated by judge dredd rules.

The Onion has you covered, Judge Dredd reference and all. From 2008:

Supreme Court Rules Death Penalty Is 'Totally Badass'

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Then you can't prove Trump approved any of the more inciting tweets.

The defense rests. :smugbert:

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Cimber posted:

No, the campaign donations are for another entity, not his personal slush fund. There are laws against that sort of thing you know!

Ok fine, NOW it's time to follow laws. Gonna get right on that.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Why would he let disgusting commoners touch him?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Murgos posted:

“Rockstar attorney”, I can’t wait for the era of ‘alternative facts’ to be over. She’s objectively bad.

There are some pretty awful rockstars out there. And I mean that both in terms of bad musicianship and also being reprehensible people.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

It's a sad case of acute hair dye toxicity, and the only known cure is to use a special pillow to absorb away the poison while you sleep.

And if it's not the best pillow you've ever tried, then they'll schedule a press conference to expose the real truth about how much you love the pillow.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

smoobles posted:

Presidents can jaywalk, download mp3s, and sneak 1 (one) snack into the movie theater

Tell that to Ulysses S. Grant and his horse!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Charlz Guybon posted:

Triple nickel, $555,000,000

In Austin we have a local bailout hotline that has commercials that just say "for jail release, call 777-7777" and then repeats that 3 or 4 times depending on the length of the ad.

But $7,777,777 won't cut it in this case!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

maybe he meant “appeal for donations”

I don't find Trump appealing at all.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

MrMojok posted:

e: wrong thread

Which video game were you trying to post about?

Trump Legal Troubles: I equip my +1 meat shoes of debt slaying

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Killer robot posted:

There's a business model. Cat2Cash, just drop in a catalytic converter.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

the article posted:

and in Florida, U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon rejected his latest attempt to delay a deadline for pretrial motions. A tentative trial date in the classified documents case is set for May 20.
Wait, she actually did something that prevented Trump from delaying further?

Also I see it says Capitol police are suing Trump, but would they really violate the THIN BLUE LINE like that and go after the executive who was in charge of the "top cop", as news outlets weirdly like to call the AG sometimes? Don't they respect their own qualified immunity protections?
:qqsay:

SpelledBackwards fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 19, 2024

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

Pretty shortsighted of the Framers not to account for the possibility of the president being a massive crime and sex beast - especially since most of them owned and raped other human beings.

Or that's exactly why they didn't put language in there about it. Just meekly said that Congress could impeach them, knowing Congress at the time would be all their WASPy, slave-owning buds.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Nonsense posted:

I believe the most likely legal project Trump pursues to the bitter end, regardless of his re-election or failure, is the destruction of no-fault divorce.

Is "my husband has been found guilty of many things" not an acceptable fault?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

"free and clear" implies no further encumbrance on the money coming out of the sale, whereas in this instance...

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

BigglesSWE posted:

Edit: wrong thread, my bad my bad.

Which video game were you posting about?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Lammasu posted:

It could have been about which elf subrace is the sexiest.

¿Porqué no los dos? It could've been a Baldur's Gate 3 post about sexy elf subraces.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Alkydere posted:

and make him absolutely miserable to be around.

Yes, we finally found the one thing that makes him miserable to be around.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Honorlulu

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Trump can't name a single Bible verse. Not even Jesus Wept.

I'm voting for the Dean next election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4FGzE4endQ

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Cimber posted:

Hah! You expect Trump to have personal bravery? Please. He's going to sit down in Florida and whine about it on Truth Social.

Of course I do, he said he would've charged in to save the children during the Uvalde shooting, and why shouldn't I believe the guy who went to military academy? Medical science has advanced a lot to treat conditions like bone spurs since the Vietnam days.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

StumblyWumbly posted:

Bunch of lazy jerks glossing over the physical layer, you know these cowards don't understand electrons.

They're what plants crave.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Or at least a blockade of freedom truckers to seal off the streets and prevent the DA and her goons in their powder-blue UN helmets from accessing the building.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

These are my personal national defense plans, go get your own!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

dr_rat posted:

But when they arrive they're all trump brand pizza's.
Sad paralegals :(

So assume trump will resubmit his homework minutes before the deadline, and when it's marked it will still be wrong.

No way, it'll be Pizza Hut's stuffed crust pizza, the one you eat backwards! And the thing that got him back in the public eye outside of just New York!

https://www.businessinsider.com/brought-to-you-by-podcast-btyb-pizza-hut-trump

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Kchama posted:

Indeed, if what was known was different, then my opinion would be different. I think they should throw the book at him for it (and that may indeed happen if he really did lie).

Trump? Lie about money and valuations? *Faints onto couch*

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Nervous posted:

I think so, and I think it means we've got one last job for Jimmy Carter.

Close, but we've already got someone for this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_X_%28TV_series%29

Wikipedia article for the show Agent X posted:

Plot

After becoming United States Vice President, Natalie Maccabee (Sharon Stone) is informed that there is a secret paragraph in the U.S. Constitution creating a special agent to help protect the country in times of crisis, under instruction of the Vice President. John Case (Jeff Hephner), former Special Forces operator, is the current operative "Agent X", who handles sensitive cases that the CIA and the FBI cannot.

A secret paragraph, in our very Constitution!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Everybody wants to work anymore!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

It seems like this lady could've avoided consequences if she'd had the foresight to run for president

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vietnam-property-tycoon-truong-my-lan-death-sentence-fraud-embezzelment/

Vietnam property tycoon Truong My Lan sentenced to death in whopping $27 billion fraud case

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I just thought he took his own promises to heart and had been winning so much he got tired of it. Now he's not trying to win anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

But unfortunately no bailiffs or other officers are tasing Trump in the courtroom to maintain order (...yet?)