Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chesebro cannot be a real name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Xiahou Dun posted:

Lol lmao. Nay, roflmao. Lol.

So all of his finances are locked up, he owes half a billion dollars in various civil damages and he can’t get a loan or do business in New York.

What the gently caress does he even try to do now? He can kick up a fuss, maybe get some stochastic terrorism going, but he’s got all the criminal cases coming down the pike, with lawyers he needs to pay. He’s (nominally) got a campaign to run.

Dude is fuuuuuuuuuucked.

And yet there are at least 70 million people who will vote for him

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The actual Mafia thought Trump was too shady for them back in the day

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What's even the end goal of the Trump side? If Willis is kicked off, wouldn't she just be replaced by whoever the #2 prosecutor is and no big deal? Or is Trump trying to argue the entire office is tainted.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If willis were disqualified it would disqualify her whole office and force the prosecution to be handled by the state AG, which would likely delay things for the foreseeable future. Another case that was similarly bumped like a year ago still doesn't officially have a new prosecutor appointed.

That said after today that ain't happening unless this judge is a Maga chud sufficient to have killed the case anyway like Cannon.

Wait, why would Willis getting DQ for being improperly horny also apply to the whole office?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

small butter posted:

Agreed.

While obviously having a guilty conviction right before the election AND the trials taking place and taking up all the oxygen is better than postponing a verdict, I think people are underestimating how bad of a position this is for Trump. A candidate under four indictments with trials taking place during election season is very, very, very bad for the candidate even if that candidate is Trump.

The problem is that Trump voters live in an alternate reality where an indicted Trump is actually cool and good

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Sure would be nice of the media gave half as much attention to Trump's declining memory and overall baseline moronic stupidity as they do to Biden's brain

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Everyone should have a waifu form

except Trump

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Subjunctive posted:

Trump is pro-IVF, I thought. Didn’t he make a bunch of noise about that?

Trump, famously, says a lot of things

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If Trump has a heart attack or something and dies during a civil appeal, is he back to legally "not guilty" like in a criminal case? Would the government still start selling off assets for Caroll and NYS to collect?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

How do you write 5000 pages on anything :psyduck:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh, me, too. My point is that the right-wing evangelicals have latched onto Trump as chosen of God, even though he very obviously hasn't paid any attention to the Bible. He's not a Christian by their standards, but that's okay because...

hes Republican

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

So are there any decisions Trump can't immediately appeal

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Even if the President has immunity to whack rivals, does the same immunity apply to the individual doing the whacking?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Donkringel posted:

List of properties that will/may be seized.

Blatant speculation but if the properties are seized I wonder what the odds are that they find MORE classified documents that I could see Trump leaving around because he forgot about them.

Does Trump really only have 3 buildings in NYC anymore? I dont know why i expected him to have way more

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

As much as I enjoy seeing Trump's stuff possible lly seized, did no one in NYS actually look at his finances until a few years ago

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Kchama posted:

He's not even immune to the consequences. He still has to deal with them. People are acting like this is a reduction in the judgement, and not the bond to allow a stay on the judgement while appeals (which are not going to take particularly long) go through. Yeah it sucks that he might be able to pay the bond and thus not lose everything he owns instantly, but that means he's out even more money when he loses on appeal.

Its not the amount reduced, its that he was granted this waiver in the first place because

Exactly. There's no legal reason cited in the opinion for giving trump this waiver, because nobody else ever gets such a waiver, regardless of how annoying their conviction might be for them.

Donny keeps getting special privileges no one else gets because ??? He's not even rich

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If Debbs actually won one of his jailhouse runs, would the government had to have let him out then

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The one time I was called for jury duty, I was like juror #50 and the lawyers finalized who they wanted before they even talked to me

waste of tiem

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Caros posted:

I was so mad that I had to front a bunch of my spouse's schooling the same week that stock released, due to issues with her loan. Easiest cash on the face of God's green earth buying the pump and shorting the dump.

In other news they have six jurors picked. The foreperson apparently gets his media diet from nyt, daily mail and sometimes fox and MSNBC.

You know, a totally reasonable and not at all sketch media diet.

cant wait until someone admits they get their news from forums.somethingawful.com

Zapp Brannigan posted:

How are these jurors stupid enough to not have their Facebook accounts locked down?

I thought its been pretty well established that the average american is profoundly stupid

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Then how does sequestering the jury work

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Tesseraction posted:

Honestly Trump's lawyer is doing a fantastic job of getting Trump thrown in the pokey but I doubt the judge would do that as he knows Trump will fundraise off it and likely use it in appeal to say the judge was unfairly harsh.

Can the appeal judge say any other Joe Schnoe dependent would have been thrown in jail a million times by now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I watched a plea once where a dude got charged with jury tampering

He had been on trial for like armed robbery and got a mistrial that nobdy understood because it seemed pretty open and shut

Turns out, during a lunch break during trial, defendant went down the street to the diner and just bumped into one of the jurors, offered to pay him off, juror took the money

Whole thing was captured on the diners' surveillance camera literally every bill being counted out clear as day

Funny part is the sentence for jury tampering was just ten years and he was facing 25 for the armed robbery anyway, so, not a bad risk really. He ended up pleading to both but didn't get any more time net than he would've on just the robbery. Sentenced concurrently.

How much does it take to bribe a juror, asking for a friend

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Charliegrs posted:

I mean it would have been more possible if the Biden DOJ hadn't dragged it's feet for a year on even investigating Trump's various crimes. That stupid move might literally cost us our democracy.

NYS could have nailed Trump to the wall for fraud a decade ago but didn't do that either

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If Trump goes to jail, do the SS goons all cram into an adjacent cell or what

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I'm assuming Trump is not going to testify. Is he going to call any witness in his defense

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Gucci Loafers posted:

I can't imagine any of the jury felt that circus helped Trump's position, she looks way, way more credible than he does.

El Chapo is more credible than Trump, but that never stopped our big wet boy from anything

Deteriorata posted:

Of course, whether or not she's lying is completely irrelevant to the case. It's about falsified business records, not Stormy Daniels.

reminds me of

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Im just afraid that a hardcore MAGA wormed their way onto the jury somehow and it'll be hung

This, and Cohen is a weeny witness even by flipped collaborater standards

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Trump Layer has spent all time trying to pin Cohen as a meanie lying liar and hasn't gotten to the key question of "did Trump know this is an illegal use of funds"

bold strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Sounds like Cohen got caught in a lie today about a phone call. He got shredded by the defense and it looks real bad.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/16/politics/takeaways-trump-trial-michael-cohen-thursday/index.html

If this really was the gotcha moment, I feel like the defense would have gotten to this before spending a full day and a half of cross on actual nothing