Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

People conflate the stock market with the economy, largely because they're perpetually displayed as if they're live scores on ESPN. Gasoline prices have a similar effect, because they're basically the only consumer good where prices are prominently displayed on a board that you can see everywhere even if you're not trying to look for it. It's a big reason for the results of that big survey the other day, where everyone rates the health of their local economy as doing great, and the national economy as doing poorly. The tangible thing they can see in their little bubble is doing fine, but they reduce everything outside of it to whatever the number on TV says, and the number is, at best, unchanged in the last 12 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

I filled out an SF-86 in one afternoon/evening between diving through mud pits and then a four mile hike with body armor and an M16. A lawyer with legal aids to research "Exactly what day and month did I move out of that apartment four and a half years ago?" can absolutely do it over the course of weeks if they aren't intentionally being an rear end in a top hat trying to sandbag the proceedings.

You don't even need to be specific down to the day, just the month is fine. And honestly even if you said September but it was actually August, and they actually found out, as long as you didn't act like a weirdo when asked about it by the investigator, they probably wouldn't care.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

"Riggers" has to be a dog whistle right?

The clue is "people who annoy you" (when they prosecute you for your crimes)

(I know it doesn't actually line up with the filled/blank letters in the episode but the spirit fits)

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Gotta say I was not expecting a DDR song jacket to appear in this particular thread

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

I dunno, the future rotting (melting) away before our eyes seems pretty apt.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

At least Kid Rock was smart enough to know he wasn't supposed to be shown classified documents and said wait a second, this is bad

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

reducing the number of diehard Trump believers (by which I mean "convince them to stop supporting Trump", not :murder:).

Something like 20 million boomers have died, for one reason or another, between 2016 and today. Obviously that's spread all over the place, geographically, socioeconomically, etc., but we know they broadly go more for Republicans than Democrats. 2021 and 2022 actually saw significantly higher number of total deaths than 2020 did, so these people could've voted for Trump in 2020 and then subsequently died due to their failure to get vaccinated. I think it's very unlikely the number of 2024 votes for Trump exceeds that of 2020. That's not to say that it's impossible for him to win, but I think I would be more surprised of an actual Trump election victory in 2024, Republican coups notwithstanding, than I was surprised in 2016.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, I mean everyone except for the most insane true believers knows this stock is a zero in the long run. But, it's too attractive of a target, and sucks in people to trade purely adversarial to other traders. You know the old forum rule, "don't touch the poop?" That's basically how it goes with this stuff. We all know it's poop, but, unless someone has poop-handling expertise in capital markets, they're likely to just end up getting their hands gross.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

So have the forums, it was kinda mind blowing.

Can only hope this saga ends the same way. Maybe someone in Trump's orbit can convince him to try eating a bunch of sausages.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

This is like the legal version of the Four Seasons thing

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Nuclear Spoon posted:

here are some snippets from potential jurors in the trial this thread is about : https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...f08fcd1d566742d

big fan of the "fascinating and mysterious" guy

He's gonna be New York's next Eric Adams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

It'd be convenient but it's probably just differences in the color temperature of the lights, or the difference between real life images and the color grading of cameras, etc.