Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Here we go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Jeez, if they're dropping footage of Bill Barr going "holy gently caress, Tump is a criminal, I'm outta here" in his own words then they're coming out swinging, huh?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Melo posted:

They are coming out swinging but I'm still not confident this will change anything.

Same. This is all very cathartic and validating, but it will do absolutely nothing to overcome the sheer overwhelming might of inertia in American society at all levels. The glidepath to doom will continue.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

How can anyone watch this and go "yeah, that was just Antifa playing as Trump supporters"?

Hell, how can anyone watch this and go "Yeah, this was no big deal, nobody cares about this"?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, they're gonna show Ashlee Babbit get capped live and uncensored as a part of this montage, aren't they?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Eyespy posted:

If your corperate donor paycheque requires that you believe nobody cares, then its really easy to belive nobody cares.

Oxyclean posted:

Thinking about the republicans who described this as "oh just some guys wandering around for a bit, no biggie"

I was talking about certain US CE/C-SPAM regulars who I will eat a probation for naming for "posting about posters" or whatever the latest mod line trotted out to protect the forums favourites from internet harm is.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ummel posted:

drink

edit- This Proud Boy montage is like a bad Marvel movie, jfc how did we get so dumb.

Remember, the Proud Boys themselves are named after a song from the Broadway theatrical musical version of Disney’s Aladdin. This poo poo was gronked stupid right from the beginning.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ummel posted:

The Proud Boys took a taco break from the insurrection.

As I would expect from any organized troop of morbidly obese chuds.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

"Bill Barr thinks this is too scummy" should be a wake up call.

Yeah, Bill "I wrote a full page op ed in the Wall Street Journal telling Donald Trump I would help him break the law if he hired me" Barr thought this was just too drat illegal and dangerous to be a part of.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1535065833311191040

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

What is Liz Cheney's game though? She wants to be moderate queen of the ashes after the Trump led GOP Civil War?

Revenge against Kevin McCarthy. She's a Cheney, grievance and revenge is the family business. Kevin McCarthy hosed her over, so she's going to take him down, even if she has to do the equivalent of running up and hugging him wearing a vest full of C4 and pushing the detonator just to be sure she gets him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh, I wasn't aware there was history there. Can't she just shoot him with a shotgun?

After Jan 6th, McCarthy and Cheney were on the same page of "Holy gently caress, this is beyond the pale bad, we need to get rid of Trump now." Then McCarthy flew down to Mar-A-Lago, bowed his head and kissed Trump's ring and got back in line, and when Cheney went "What the gently caress, man?" McCarthy pushed her under the bus and made her the official sacrifice for Republicans to absolve their sins of ever momentarily having bad thoughts about Donald Trump on and kicked her out of leadership in favor of someone even crazier and more loyal to Trump.

This has had the effect of turning Liz Cheney into The Punisher, a loathsome Republican shitbag out to destroy her lone chosen target through the most (politically) violent means she has access to with no concern for her own future because she has none.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

^exactly this

There is no "taming" or reasoning with Donald J Trump, because he is a raging narcissist first and foremost that will always get what he wants first and he will always want more

You can't ever appease him because he's a gaping maw of greed and delusion. Barr did everything he could borderline legally get away with to serve Trump, and he still got the knife when he didn't go that step farther

He runs off of pure greed and lust as base instincts, and a desire to be loved and feared at all times

There is no way to temper that, ever. Eventually he will consume everything in his wake, like a demented force of nature.

I mean, it IS highly amusing on a schadenfreude level to watch supposedly smart people prove they have no pattern recognition skills, or have had those skills clouded by hubris as they willingly walk face-first into the spinning chains of Trump's mine flail and are shocked as they're shredded to pulp by them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr. Faustus posted:

O I followed him too, back when the high drama around the Russia investigation was hot at first. There were several people like him who said the right things and got some of us on board and then we started learning what a shithead he was and people stopped citing him. This would have been around the beginning of the Piss Tape (it is real) legend.

Like I said, just because his reputation took a beating doesn't mean he's wrong about this.

He was a frequent USPOL thread darling for a while, along with the likes of Louise Mensch and the 20committee guy. That subset of "I have just received information that will lead to the immediate arrest and execution of Donald Trump" Twitter grifters who fell out of favour real quick for being publicly wrong too many times and a breeding ground for internet-fed brain worms.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kavros posted:

I have literally lost all track of all the poo poo rudy giuliani is caught up in and all the numerous things he's been found out to be a part of. There were like ten different things last I looked and they just kept coming. I need a giuliani refresher at this point.

The best part is, Rudy's own lawyer basically confirmed today that it's all true because literally the only thing they objected to in a post-hearing press release was the contention that Rudy was drunk at the time he stumbled into Trump's office and convinced him to do all of the crimes and poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mdemone posted:

I can believe he dictated it and it took all day to edit into...that

Yeah, that was screamed at someone over the course of like 3 hours.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Muellering.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rigel posted:

Given that Democrats are in charge of the committee, there is no political upside to a criminal referral from the committee. If the DOJ did charge, it could look like they were politically pressured into it. If the DOJ did not charge, it would make Biden's administration look bad for ignoring it.

Merrick Graland looks up from his game of Solitaire on his computer.

"...Whaaaat?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

XboxPants posted:

Side note, I really love the "justice is a cudgel" baseball bat Hershman has on his wall.

"Get a great loving criminal defense lawyer. You're gonna need it."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

How are u posted:

You would think that a sitting Congressman would maybe understand that the Capitol building has security cameras. You would think.

Arrogance and ignorance go hand-in-hand.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

In loudermilks defense he might have actually been oblivious to what those guys were doing.

I used to be in his district (before he was elected tho) and that guy is loving stupid. I got to see him speak around 2017 at like a fundraiser/local Marietta event, could not have been a friendlier venue, and there is just nothing there.

He must be profoundly ignorant then to not have gotten even the tiniest bit suspicious when instead of going on the normal tour route his guests pointedly asked him “Hey, can you show us all the stairwells and points of entrance and exit to the building and these specific members of the Democratic leadership’s offices? Just for funzies, you know.”

Multiple congresspeople have said that where he took these creeps was nowhere near the usual guided tour hotspots. Like places you would only go if you were some low level file rat who works in the bowels of the Capitol… or if you were casing the place for nefarious purposes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

he sounds like he is trying to speak through a speech jammer. so many pauses between words.

It’s probably physically hard for this dude to say the things he’s saying, like Robocop trying to overcome Directive 4 and in order to shoot an OCP employee.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

That’s a fake name

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Almost Smart posted:

You could chisel out hieroglyphics.

You could write it in binary code and still only be like a word or two behind.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I MEANT GRAVY!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Just lmao that even Eastman said his theory was grabage in writing

Just did it anyway

“I have the worst loving attorneys” - John Eastman regarding his lawyer, John Eastman

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LegionAreI posted:

If anyone had a basis for trying something it was Al Gore. What a loving boondoggle this entire thing was. I'm still trying to picture what would have happened if Pence did send the votes back and it's just not even something I can put in my head.

Hell, just show the opening minutes of Fahrenheit 9/11. It's an extended sequence of Al Gore presiding over the electoral count vote certification in January of 2001 and an entire procession of Democrat congresspeople just coming up to the podium and begging him to do something to stop Bush from becoming president, and Gore calmly, one by one, telling them all to gently caress off because he was bound by the law to certify the election.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ginny Thomas has also said she's "willing" to appear before the J6 committee, purely to "correct the misconceptions" surrounding her.

It's probably 50/50 odds on whether she's going to show up and lie her rear end off under oath because she believes she's fireproof as the wife of a SCOTUS Justice, or she's gonna pull a Barr/Miller/Eastman/Jared/Ivanka and just drop straight truths thinking they'll never see the light of day.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Ginni Thomas is loving bugfuck insane.

She's going to rant about Pizzagate, Qanon, and Trump ordained by god on live tv and it's going to own :allears:

I’m hoping for some Alex Jones Sandy Hook defamation case level testimony. Where the lawyers for the plaintiffs boxed Jones in so tightly on a factual level that he just started ranting and doing an impromptu live Info Wars show in the hearing room as a means to try and bulldoze his way out of the logic trap.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

T.C. posted:

They are actively building up Pence and his staff. It definitely feels like the committee is trying to build a path for Republicans to take that puts them in a positive light if they hang Trump out to dry.

They are not gonna take that out and hold onto the grenade until it blows up in their hand.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Clarence and Virginia Thomas have the ultimate "opposites attract" marriage, in that he's a Supreme Court Justice... and she's a loving criminal mastermind.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

Half a bottle? Sounds like Rudy isn't treating this seriously enough it it is only half a bottle.

Because he's drinking the other half in the car on the ride over. You know, like a responsible lawyer does.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oracle posted:

Wonder if Mo Brooks is going to get his 15 minutes of revenge fame.

When the Dems lose control of both chambers in November he most certainly will, yes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he won't be in the either because he lost his primary for telling trump to cool it, he is gone.

Oh I did not know that. Good. lol gently caress him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Holy poo poo. All those people who went to Trump’s ellipse rally were screened for weapons and had brass knuckles, handguns, tear gas canisters and gas masks confiscated before passing through the security check point.

And those were just the people in the crowd who were willing to be searched in order to be let in :stare:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Triskelli posted:

Do you mean the rally where he stared at the sun?

No, the one he had on January 6th telling everyone to go storm the Capitol.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

ALWAYS WITH THE CROWD SIZES

He wanted the Secret Service to let people in to his rally fully armed to pump those crowd numbers… AND so that they wouldn’t be disarmed when he told them to go kill Congress.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Merrick Garland looks up from his game of Solitaire on the computer, goes “Huh?” and then goes right back to playing because he’s almost got every Spade out of the shuffle.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

I don't know how this could be more damning except if Trump was actually handing out bats with nails??????????

The only way it gets worse is if he’d asked the USSS to give him one of the AR-15s they’d confiscated from the crowd so he could go kill Mike Pence himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Trump wanted to be in the Senate chamber for the vote certification :aaa: