Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

To piggyback: ever single person in the world hates Ted Cruz. Because he's an annoying pissant and is basically purchasable as a mouthpiece regardless of cause
he's richer, happier, and healthier than anyone in this thread will ever be.

maybe we shouldn't have made it so crime plays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

DeSantis scares me more than Trump does. He's every bit as evil, but actually competent.
mmmmeh. you need a cult of personality to get trump numbers, desantis isn't going to gather a trump cult of personality because he's a grumpy dickhead who isn't entertaining in the least. chuds need trump's "humor" to hide behind, "it's just a joke, bro" is a gigantic part of the chud playbook and trump, being objectively funny either on purpose or by accident, is a lot of what makes him bulletproof. they used to refer to nixon as "charming" and "funny" too despite the fact that he was a bitter old toad who took pleasure in other people's pain....hey that sounds like trump!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Harold Fjord posted:

Tricky because you don't want to go off half cocked but fascists are never good faith in their insistence that everyone else has to perfectly follow the rules
yeah but like it's not half cocked. one tenth of the evidence alone would get any one of us life in prison and that's just the stuff we've seen live and trump has admitted to. if you or i went on national television and said "yeah, i broke a few laws..." there'd be police cars parked inside our collective asses in minutes.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Murgos posted:

There is a non-zero chance that the plane just heads out over the Atlantic for Russia.

It's small, but larger than the chance of say, a political hijacking on a commercial flight doing the same thing, so not vanishingly small.
if trump were capable of that he wouldn't be trump.
trump will go, and do, whatever he's told or whatever he's done before. he wouldn't think to flee because he doesn't think that far ahead and doesn't have the ability to find out how to do that.
he's been in a tiny cage he built for himself his whole life and he has no idea how to get out because of inertia, laziness, and in general a smooth brain.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump blamed the secret service for not visiting that american cemetery and...i think the john mccain boat thing? he's blamed them for several things.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
why the gently caress are this guy's feet backwards?
also there's four reporters for every trump supporter because they learned nothing last time

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
also that's the same lady who tried to destroy the "trump lied" flag. so it's probably just a guy behind him

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Herstory Begins Now posted:

There's probably no single place in the entire US that despises Trump more personally or universally than Manhattan, yeah.
well that doesn't make any sense, trump's spent years in new york why would they hate him???

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Boris Galerkin posted:

All I did was point out that it was a gross thing to say, but I guess it's ok to be gross to the right people, I guess.
there's a famous saying about judging people for the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. you might want to ruminate on that.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Shooting Blanks posted:

Didn't he try to take some White House paintings or busts also? And the Smithsonian had to gently tell him that no, he cannot remove any of the historical artifacts from the WH, since they don't belong to the President or the White House.

i remember the "gift vault" the place where all the gifts that other world leaders give to the administration where they can either buy them for market price or give them to museums, was "half empty" when they went to check on it aaaaannndd...that's it. no news for over a year. thousands and thousands of dollars in literal jewels just...gone.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ryde posted:

At the risk of bringing up doomerism again, this is a pretty good write-up of Popehat's position that I talked about before: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-indictment-plan-judge-aileen-cannon. We've already talked about it a lot, but it has the specific quotes I paraphrased before.
so why this one biased and hateful judge every time? she can literally just dismiss the case and then...nothing, no take backs, goodbye.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"look, authoritarian countries just work better" says former president of the united states because he's tired of his lawyers telling him "no" to every little crime or scheme

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm just picturing trump doing that "its ok" voice to the jury the entire time
"it's okaaaay. it's okaay. don't worry about it, it's okaaaay"
"you're free to go, sir"
"thhhhhhhhhhhhank you"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Randalor posted:

Depending on who he was meeting with, it may have been for show/it was a jovial atmosphere and he didn't want to ruin it, and the person who brought in the diet cokes was fired shortly after the meeting lest the other staff think that Trump thinks they're actually people.
this. trump is very much a "if i'm not happy no one is happy" person. very performative. "cokes for everyone!" to signify that everything is well and people are laughing and it's a good time! to reinforce that if you keep him happy everyone will be happy so you better keep him happy. it's all theater because trump is the least genuine person ever. everything he does is for show

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
hobby lobby should pay isis to go get them

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
lol go ahead and let trump do it. it'll be hilarious when he goes "give what back?"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Google Jeb Bush posted:

i don't even know what the normal ruling would be on this tbh, "i need to be able to discuss these things with my lawyers" is a sane ask and "we would prefer you to not speak to your lawyers about nuclear secrets outside of a scif" is a sane response

superficially i'd guess "no gently caress you, as a former president you have not-completely-obnoxious scif access" but i'm certain there are people posting here with a better idea of how it's gone down with not-former-presidents
lol
trump and his lawyers reviewing the documents in the scif with the government and, every document, trump's lawyer gives him a little "you do that poo poo?" nod to which trump responds "YES I TOOK THESE DOCUMENTS!!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kalli posted:

Here's an actual quote from Giuliani's former assistant transcripts in NY. There's no real way to paraphrase and make it sound more ridiculous or stupid.

:yeeclaw:
*jurassic park theme plays over pictures of dicks*

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Randalor posted:

I want to say about a year or so ago? I think it was a "Barr has his lips superglued to Trump'a rear end->Trump tried to blame him for one of the things he's now indicted for->Barr has suddenly never been a supporter of Trump and has always been a firm believer in L&O" situations. I think I had whiplash from it.
i thought it was after the raid? barr went across the television giving interviews about how screwed trump is. so, like, almost exactly a year?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
just release trump into a gentle meadow with a map and a compass and he'll be dead within hours

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Clarste posted:

The very idea of the deep state is an excuse for why the government was still bad even when Trump was nominally in control. Which is of course why you should reelect him so he can dismantle it!
yeah, it's an entire gigantic, worlds spanning conspiracy theory just to explain why the big, flawless, genius trump kinda seems to be an ineffective idiot

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Xiahou Dun posted:

I think the more interesting question is :

Pretty much all bail is dependent on the person not doing additional crimes, right? So far all the indictments have been for crimes in the past, but what happens when Trump does a crime?

He's going to do a bunch of crimes, we can take that as a given. He seems to judge exude them, and he has ample incentive to do more now. So the next time he gets his hand caught in the cookie jar, is a judge actually going to revoke his bail or is the entire might of the US Justice System just passing out wolf tickets?
we already saw this during the alex jones case. the prosecution will show pictures of the judge burning in hell that he made, he'll shrug and say it was metaphorical, and the judge will wag their finger gently again ad again. and, if you complain about this blatant glad handing, you'll be accused of being a bloodthirsty monster wanting nothing less than execution and 'round and 'round we'll go until i say something that gets labeled "doomer" and i get a probe while trump judge gently shakes their fist and politely asks trump to put down the gun or else they'll be forced to politely ask again.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Fuschia tude posted:

The Alex Jones case that awarded $49,300,000 to the plaintiffs? Or the Alex Jones case that awarded $1,438,000,000 to the plaintiffs in one of the largest damages awards in US history?
both of those are the same alex jones. the one that continually called the court and the judge in particular corrupt and owned by evil satanists. both of whom got a finger waved, repeatedly, at their face but that's it

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
they clarified later that that was a mistake and shelved that argument

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump would never flee. he'll get pouty, angry, and be more and more belligerent in turn to "punish" the mean people. trump will got through the entire process, pouting the whole way, more and more convinced that people both pity him and fear his anger. he won't run because that doesn't garner him the attention he needs. he'll walk into prison refusing to speak to his attorneys as they beg him to talk to them like they know trump needs.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

BiggerBoat posted:

I was going to post that GA voting system story myself and agree that, reading it, it seems like a huge loving deal even though I'm not sure what the actual charge would be. Attempted election fraud?

I get in debates with folks from time to time who claim that 1/6 wasn't an insurrection but a protest and I ask them "protesting what?" followed by "OK, so what were they going to do once they got into the capitol? What was the plan? The goal?"

I can't see it as anything other than "overthrow the vote" at best and "draw and quarter Pelosi and Pence" at worst. Or some combination of the two. Overthrowing democracy is a practical definition of an insurrection and it doesn't need to succeed in order to be defined that way.

The other thing I stress, when they whatabout me with BLM and Antifa is that those people were protesting things that actually happened. Nazis in the streets and cops killing unarmed citizens and getting away with it. Those things are real. 2023 election cheating is not.
the goal of the plan to invade the capitol and murder everyone opposed to them installing trump in the white house was to protest
the goal of the people marching in the street where a terrible tragedy occurred that could and should have been prevented is to overthrow the united states government

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
or they'll all band together and plead not guilty by reason of mental defect and get sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in a home but trmp will have maralargo officially designated a nursing home but they'll all get lost in a van accident on the way and have to work together to survive the swamps of florida in a journey that will leave them closer and friends and better, empathetic people and with the harrowing events and the knowledge that they all ate sydney powell together they become an awesome force for good that changes the course of human history for the better.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ron howard: they did not, in fact, pivot
gop: WE'RE DOUBLING DOWN! *pennies explode into the air*

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Xiahou Dun posted:

O that’s why I remembered Trevian Kutti.

He’s a publicist who used to do PR defense for noted saints R. Kelly and Kanye West.

I guess he found a niche.

Edit : digging further, Tutti seems the be referred to by multiple pronouns and titles. At no point am I trying to be lovely about their gender identity, this is honest confusion.
she. there's video of her intimidating that ruby lady with a cop priest or a cop and a priest?

either way why the gently caress wouldn't she take a deal??
imagine being he one non-millionaire politician lawyer pulled into this mess and your answer is "i like my odds"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
a bunch of armed chuds will surround maralargo. trump will be too scared to come out, florida will be too scared to make them leave. either trump is trapped full time by his fans and the ring of feds right outside it or the shooting starts.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Murgos posted:

I doubt it. Only a few have shown up for any of these big events and they’re often outnumbered by the counter protesters and sometimes even just by the media presence. By most accounts they are sitting around telling each other that these things are just honeypots to entrap them.

“I’d go defend what I honestly think is the direct subversion of my country and its legitimate president who I follow unquestioningly but, uh, I could get arrested.”
to be fair the last couple were mostly surprises. this georgia one we only knew about a few hours before

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Randalor posted:

"Elite group".
if someone told me i was in an elite group and i'm not holding a paintball gun i am going to immediately leave

luckily it's never come up :smuggo:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i wonder how trump had enough time to run the country and plan its downfall. as the hardest working president ever

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
trump's not going to run, it would mean giving up so much that he loves and requires planning and forethought.
but, most of all, trump is never going to prison. it would 100% be against decorum to have a former president in prison. no one in government wants that. he might spend the rest of his life in courtrooms but he'll never go to prison so he has no reason to run

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

bird food bathtub posted:

Google-fu is failing me so I'm going off vague memory, wasn't there something in Jones' trial where he said something along the line of "They got all of my texts? Even the senator?"
i know jones said on his show something about "being in contact with the white house" about january 6th which everyone blew off as bluster

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
oh god could you imagine if democrats had an easily identifiable piece of clothing in public??
gently caress, i am never wearing a blue hat again just in case!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
oh my god they have so much

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Inferior Third Season posted:

How did the "negotiations" from a few days ago turn out? Are we getting a mugshot and weight tonight?
the faithful believe a mugshot is coming, anything else is heresy and will be punished.

height and weight are self reported so trump is 7"9' and 198lbs

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
finally found the vampire complaining thread! "scratch scratch scratch" I. HEAR YOU. i'm not responding because i'm ignoring you, not because i can't hear you! i know: you want to come in. i get it. my answer hasn't changed though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the crime has to be to coerce the government, otherwise it's sparkling hate crime