Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

It's all about delay. The merits don't matter. Delay delay delay until the Republicans are in charge again and can take the heat off. Throw poo poo at the wall that has to be debated for a month and then throw more poo poo at the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

mdemone posted:

Lol the text messages between Hutchinson and Tony Ornato are quite damning, I love how these guys think they can just not recall things they wrote down in conversations saved to off-site locations they don't control

Is this new? The only references I see to Hutchinson/Ornato texts are from the middle of last year.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I like it when the judges take no poo poo from lying traitors.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/03/judge-jan-6-defendant-recants-guilt-00081113

quote:

A Jan. 6 defendant’s boast in an interview this week that he had no regrets about his role in the Capitol riot — just days after he acknowledged his guilt in a federal courtroom — may upend the man’s efforts to resolve the criminal case against him.

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta issued an order Friday instructing defendant Thomas Adams Jr. and prosecutors to explain why the guilty findings the judge entered on Tuesday, following a brief “stipulated” bench trial should not be overturned in light of Adams’ comments to a reporter the following day.

“I wouldn’t change anything I did,” Adams told the State Journal-Register Wednesday outside his home in Springfield, Ill. “I didn’t do anything. I still to this day, even though I had to admit guilt [in the stipulation], don’t feel like I did what the charge is.”

In a brief order Friday morning, Mehta gave both sides one week to provide reasons “why the court should not vacate Defendant’s convictions of guilt in light of his post-stipulated trial statements” included in the article. The judge also attached a copy of the news report.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

OgNar posted:

"Kaplan is keeping jurors anonymous from the public and the lawyers, to shield them from potential harassment by Trump supporters."

This needs to be addressed at some point. I don’t know why we let MAGA yokels leave death threats for election workers, jurors, judges, congress members, etc. and suffer absolutely no consequences.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

You can go back to OA, he got replaced.

The sex pest found a new co-host and is still on OA. Andrew is the sex pest, not Thomas.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

I like Coke Zero more than regular sugar'd coke.

Diet Coke is garbage.

This is correct.

edit: and Diet Pepsi is like liquid dirt.

duodenum fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 27, 2023

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I wonder if it's to avoid producing some discovery material that would jeopardize other Republicans.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

When twitter’s lawyers said that they had “selectively” let certain users know of a covert warrant, or argued in court for the NDO (nondisclosure order) to be removed they’d previously had it removed so they could tell the user. Howell did not believe them, called them out on it, and said “oh really? Then I want every single case # of every instance where Twitter asked for an NDO to be removed and the legal reasons argued for selectively exercising rights for those’s user’s rights by end of day.” The twitter lawyer then backpedaled quite unsuccessfully. Howell did not have any of it.

Clowns like this need to have the judge move straight into pinning them down, reading from the transcript, identifying that they willfully lied to the court, and have them spend the weekend in jail for contempt.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

It's probably because a while ago there was something about Australia choosing between French and American submarines.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

She pays it, and Trump can pay her back from the Rube Fund so thats the freedom loving red hat mouth breathing simple farmers, people of the land, the common clay of the new west yokels footing that bill, as usual.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Murgos posted:

The most charitable interpretation is that Smith is getting Trump out of the way before going after the sundry.

Maybe he wanted to get Trump into court and hopefully convicted or at least tarnished to a point that he wouldn't get back into office. Jack Smith's efforts to be fast about this is refreshing after Garland slept on all of it for a year or whatever it was.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Why did they take a multiple week break mid trial? Wtf?

I've seen murder trials where the judge got mad things were taking longer than a week

How wealthy was the murderer?

His hair is so thin that the tortured comb over is only barely coving Trump's scalp. The vanity is so hilarious, especially when it cracks.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

if trump had faced these kind of repercussions when he deserved them motherfucking half a century ago we wouldn't be this loving deep in the poo poo right now

If law enforcement at all levels weren't peppered with chuds, I'd hope the Feds or whomever would investigate why Trump could spend decades laundering Russian money under the nose of several states' attorneys across several jurisdictions and never see a courtroom about it. Not to mention everything else that hasn't come up until the last 2 years.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Ooh it's so wonderful, you can see his distress, desperation, and anger.

If only someone would address his mob boss style intentionally-vague commands to his followers! Maybe that has to be addressed like a mob boss, too. Laws and courts seem incapable of addressing the "YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE YOUR COUNTRY, SOMEONE HAS TO DO SOMETHING. I'M TELLING YOU, THOSE SECOND AMENDMENT PEOPLE NEED TO ... YOU KNOW IT'S A WITCH HUNT."

Someone should do a Dark Knight Joker on his rear end. Drag him into an abandoned warehouse and string him up naked by his ankles and ask questions on live television.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

It's amusing when people think they're smart enough to fake being smart and get their rear end handed to them by actual smart people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSx0u9fn0ak&t=75s
1:15

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Judge Schnoopy posted:

the FBI knows exactly what to look for in online circles to cut them off.

The FBI knew what was going on before the first one even happened.

The FBI and DOJ is salted through with chuds from top to bottom, which is why the FBI didn't think it necessary to get into Trump's back room at Mar a Lago when they were searching, and why it took the DOJ a year and a half or something to appoint Jack Smith. The SS, too: "Oh dear we updated those phones and that data is gone. The cell provider? Oh they have an 18 month retention policy, which is why I'm only telling you here now at 18 months +."

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Jesus III posted:

I hate looking it up on the phone.

ok, boomer

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Not like there any number of tax dodging entities that TOTALLY DO NOT COORDINATE with the candidate that one could donate to.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Uglycat posted:

He's going to run out the clock, lose, and trump will be convicted during biden's second term.

I bet he'll say it's all an unfair stolen witch hunt hoax and bolt to Russia or Saudi Arabia.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Murgos posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/29/politics/federal-judge-donald-trump-rebuke/index.html

It almost sounds like he’s asking DOJ to indict Trump separately for this behavior.

Indicting separately seems like a good idea because Judges that come down on Trump for *anything* seem to risk that being brought up as justification for an appeal. Take his consequences for calling for attacks on judges OUT of that courtroom in question and indict him separately. Love it.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

If Trump decides again to speak audibly in front of the jury, the Judge should threaten to swear him in and put him on the stand so he can say his peace and then be cross examined.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

If DOJ weren't peppered with chuds dragging their feet and "failing" to take notice of lawlessness all around them and actually enforce the law, it wouldn't have taken 18 months for Garland to appoint Jack Smith

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

The tears are delicious.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Why are so many people lining up to swear loyalty to this loving idiot?

It's a chance to be in on the ground floor of a new autocracy, your family will be oligarch-rich for generations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

They haven’t lost nearly enough to be hosed beyond repair. Uber is the most unprofitable company in the history of companies, accumulating 30b in losses since its inception and it’s still trucking along.

Isn't this basically using VC money to bankrupt competition and then profit over the wasteland? If only there was some regulatory framework for these types of business practices.