Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

Fuschia tude posted:

...even the people who wrote it? Would it really have been assembled by hand from multiple sources by someone legally barred from laying eyes on any of it? Or by multiple people legally barred from laying eyes on the other parts of it?

Absolutely it was assembled by hand from multiple sources, each on their own less damaging/classified, than when they are all together. That's the definition of SCI information. No other gears in the clock know what all the others are doing, just that when they do their job, the clock works. It makes perfect sense for a small number of people to have put the binder together by hand.

Fart Amplifier posted:

There is no reason to assume this.

Right. Probably because there was no digital copy of it since it was likely assembled by hand. Also, given how much the IC poo poo their pants after the Snowden leaks poo poo. If it contains sources and methods, that poo poo is guarded like nuclear secrets and don't want some traitor to put that poo poo on a thumb drive and smuggle it out in their rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Oh hey, the jury has the case now.

I like how the judge kind of gave the jury incentive to hurry the gently caress up, by instructing them to send a note if they're not gonna reach a verdict today by 4:30 pm

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Cimber posted:

I really hope that the jury is pissed off about having to deal with this poo poo because he can't keep his yap shut and hits him hard with damages, like treble damages of the previous award.

That's the way I really want to read the judge's charge to the jury about sending a note back if they'll be working late...on a friday. I really hope one juror just says "ONE BILLION DOLLARS" like Dr. Evil and the rest just shrug and say "sounds good to me!"

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

83.3 million actually

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

And, in a sweet little detail, he’s set the deadline for “you bastards tell me what you actually know to avoid sanctions” early enough such that the lawyers will have to file these statements before they’ve seen what facts Weisselburg is admitting by his guilty plea.

It's even better if you read the beginning of that second paragraph in the voice of Tyrael from Diablo.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Funniest possible result: the various Civil judgements crush Trump's finances so thoroughly that he is unable to pay the fine in the criminal case

Subject: DO YOUR PART NOW TO BE A REAL LIFE CONTRIBUTOR TO KEEPING AMERICA'S FAVORITE PRESIDENT OUT OF JAIL. DONATE $5 NOW!!!!

or some variant of whatever they have in the "Drafts" folder when they need to fleece the rubes

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Whooo boy he's gonna be lightin that Truth Social up big time tonight

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

OgNar posted:

There was some good stuff in this interview

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1760102995008639333

Haha I like how at the end of that clip he admits Biden won the last election

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

McAfee says Fani Willis can stay on the case. LOL

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Riptor posted:

That seems... reasonable?

Seems like a win, actually. From what I gather, he's mediocre at his job anyway.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

I think Wade was probably fine from a skill set point of view and the personal chemistry pushed it over the edge. (Maybe I'm too beaten down by US workplace culture, but that doesn't seem that different from any other industry.) He's an experienced litigator and former municipal court judge.

It's not like there's some set legal track to specialize in election interference cases.

I guess I should have worded that better. I'm sure he's a fine prosecutor, and competent, but when you're prosecuting arguably the biggest case in US history, you don't pick a B student to be on your legal team.

edit: she picked him because she's loving him

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Xiahou Dun posted:

Do you think this ever comes off as whiny to his base? Some kind of "take it like a man" deal?

Highly doubtful considering the cult of personality and how being a victim is one of their central tenets. More just kind of wondering aloud* if there's some theoretical upper bound.

*avisible?

Nope. They view this as him fighting The Deep State. If and when he gets to court and gets convicted, his base will scream "he was set up!" until they die.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Got called for jury duty about 2 years ago for a high profile (for my area) murder case. There were about a hundred of us to start the day and over the whole day they whittled it down to about 20. They picked 15. Thankfully I was not one of them because after 2 days after the trial started the judge declared a mistrial because one of the defense's witnesses said something on the stand that they shouldn't have.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

How are these jurors stupid enough to not have their Facebook accounts locked down?

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Cimber posted:

Eh, not that big of a deal, and in the grand scheme of things having his lawyers eject jurors serves to show he received adequate representation.

Oh, I agree, but juror #2 was struck for cause because of a facebook post about trump where they said "lock him up". I mean, if you're gonna try to John Kusack the trial, can't you at least try?

edit: reply is not quote

Zapp Brannigan fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 16, 2024

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

withak posted:

I, for one, hope that Trump is enjoying every single minute he has to spend in a courtroom listening to no-name rando juror's talk poo poo about him while not being allowed to respond. Should be doing big beautiful things to his blood pressure.

Hopefully this is the judge trolling him for threatening everyone.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

gregday posted:

He also said he gets his news from the NY Post.

It’s a good strike.

Definitely. I know a few folks in their 50s and 60s who refuse to give up their flip phones. They are all ultra maga.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Cimber posted:

There, or the Metro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Detention_Center,_Brooklyn

Metro is where they kept El Chapo during his trial.

It's also has experience housing former presidents (of Honduras).

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

mllaneza posted:

An appeal isn't a whole new trial. In an appeal, the appealing party points out errors in the trial process that they think changed the outcome. If the judge agrees that errors in the first trial affected the outcome, the original verdict is overturned.

Does the title "Convicted Felon" go away while the appeal plays out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Looks like Trump brought noted intellectual heavyweights Matt Gaetz and Lauren Boebert to be his mouthpieces today. Good God.