Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuskus

In the United States, it is extremely common and socially acceptable for folks to say the word “pooper” w/r/t being a wet blanket sourpuss.

it has been decades since I heard someone say, “I’m pooped out,” w/r/t feeling tired.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Haven't heard this one in a while:
Every party needs a pooper
That's why we invited you

FutonForensic

"party shitmaker" has a more confident vibe

Chrs

when I was 16 there was a guy (lady?) who used to upper deck the toilets in the host’s house without fail every house party. no one ever caught them.

the ultimate party pooper

Heather Papps

hello friend

loading my tum before a big party

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

kuskus

In the early .com days, we typed in random domains to see where they would go. pooper.com showed a man’s tortoise aquarium, that is not a euphemism, it was simply a website showing shelled reptiles in a tank. The way back machine doesn’t seem to have images otherwise I would prove it. This was in either 1998 or 1999.

Chrs posted:

when I was 16 there was a guy (lady?) who used to upper deck the toilets in the host’s house without fail every house party. no one ever caught them.

the ultimate party pooper

I confess to hijacking the Chromecast music video television at a party with popping videos at the party‘s peak. Everyone was disappointed, I was outed, and yet I could not stop laughing.

Twenty Four

FutonForensic posted:

"party shitmaker" has a more confident vibe

lol

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I'm more of a festival crapper.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Killing the vibe by talking about insects?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

The "party pooper" actually comes from " El Caganer" or "the pooper" of Catalonia and surrounding regions. This figure is shown in manger scenes, a peasant wearing a traditional Catalonian red cap, baring his naked butt, and unloading a steaming dump right there on the floor in front of the baby Jesus. As Jesus'birthday was the first party, he is, the OG party pooper.