Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
There are three missions in just Scarlet Blaze that aren't the main target so I don't think we're gonna want for maps and gameplay if even half the chapters don't have the same structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Sydin posted:

It's very possible, the new stuff out of the data mining today seems to indicate that there is a recruitment mechanic, and there are characters that can be recruited over from one house to another later in the game, including some but not all of the students. Example Shamir can be recruited by everybody so presumably has more supports not shown, Lysithia can only be recruited by the BE's and will almost certainly support Edelgard, Jeritza can apparently be recruited by the BL's so he probably has supports with Mercedes that aren't currently shown, etc.

Also in more data mining news there are a good chunk of characters who appear to be potentially deconfirmed as playable:
Rhea
Kronya
Cornelia
Kostas
Randolph
Judith
Nader
Arundel
Greetje (I think this is Claude's brother from the invasion chapter?)
Ladislava

A bunch are obvious but some of them are real bummers.

The criteria used to determine "not playable" seems to indicate Rhea is playable, unless I'm misreading something though, since she has separate head and body sprites, as does Jeralt. Catherine and Cyril also seem to be missing entirely from the spritesheet as well despite Catherine having some spacing indicating her presence elsewhere.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Sydin posted:

Rhea is listed under the media tab as having a merged sprite, and I don't see a face sprite for Rhea under the model tab, just MC036_RheaA_0_P_Body. Catherine also has a face model under the same tab - MC032_CatherineA_0_P_Face - and appears to be confirmed playable in BL only.

Ah, that's it, I was looking at the map sprites, not the art sprites. (And when I was looking in the data days ago I didn't spot anything from Catherine/Cyril and so on). Rhea does have a separate head and body model sprite in the map sprites like the confirmed PCs do.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 11, 2022

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Annette got her shoes early.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Someone I know elsewhere grinded out an Advance Seal and no Advance classes.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Sydin posted:

Following up on this: data miners are pretty sure now that Rhea actually is playable, or at least was intended to be playable at some point. Rather than merged head/face sprites they're now assuming playability based off the existence of a tactical skill - which Rhea has - which would only need to exist if the player could give that unit orders on the map.

Following up on this: As it is in the demo some units are missing Tactical Skills that we otherwise do know have/should have them. Byleth and Seteth both don't have any - or any skills at all - even though Byleth's unique class is in the game. (Haven't checked Alois though, but I doubt he has anything.) Bizarrely, Prologue Shez also doesn't have any skills either.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Also the Ashen Wolves, as much as they call themselves the fourth house, are composed of an expelled student (Yuri), a graduate (Balthus) and 2 girls who never enrolled (Constance and Hapi), and the house is a house in name only, so storywise they aren't Byleth's students.

Constance enrolled too. Not sure if she ever graduated though.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Sydin posted:

When you kick Thales out of the Empire in CB there's some battle/map dialogue where he says "wait, are you...?" to Shez but then brushes it off, which is the closest we get to any of the slithers seeming to recognize Shez. My guess is that Arval is definitely something they made (an attempt at a fake Sothis?) but that their being implanted in Shez is not their doing. Also Shez doesn't have like amnesia or anything and in supports will talk about their past and how they were raised by their mom.

Cornelia seems to recognize Shez's power as well.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Overbite posted:

Did they mention any sort of mission mode? That was my favorite part of the first fire emblem warriors and I want to pick my favorite characters and make a dream team instead of being stuck with one house.

No announcement for sure, but I speculate there might be based on some datamine stuff. Very light spoilers but I'll keep it barred for safety's sake: Certain characters have map sprites for all four faction colors even if it makes no sense whatsoever. This might be because of some sort of bug-prevention thing or indicating characters showing up in bizarre situations not possible in the main game.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, already seen the full roster out and about.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Two Three Houses quibbles to elaborate on.

The 10 Elites are never stated to be on Seiros's side, only ever on Nemesis's.

Hapi's AM endings in ENG were (nearly word-for-word) copypasted over from her SS/VW endings despite her AM JP being different. In AM, the TWSITD attack is much more devastating and they aren't finished off, which is collaborated by the Constance/Balthus AM ending.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Deltasquid posted:

Did any of the leaks touch upon how/when we can recruit the Ashen Wolves? Asking because my adoration for Constance is second only to Eimi’s love for Edelgard

Probably. Not going too deep into real game leaks but the demo datamine had everyone's initial join class and level posted two days ago. Constance joins level 10 on SB; 41 on AG and 30 on GW. So probably right after the demo for SB and nearly endgame for AG and middle game for GW.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

i've heard some vague rumors of potentially very endgame leaks (i've not bothered to look too deeply because i dont want confirmation one way or another) and I heard rumblings of nemesis!claude? so I hope he gets to realize his dream of cutting a mountain in half with the Sword of the Creator™

I hope (not actually a confirmation spoiler)Claude going to war with Hilda somehow is what ends up being true because what the gently caress.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Folt The Bolt posted:

Invert Physical/Magical as a weapon skill was a thing in the demo, you know.

I haven't seen it on weapons other than tomes yet though.

I... think I might have a non-tome with it? Let me check.

EDIT: Yeah, Gauntlets with it, though Zulily Zoetrope was quicker than I.

Also I have some level two effects on a few things hm.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 23, 2022

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm bad at experimenting so has anyone tried different classes on the Black Eagles? I'd like to have a team that isn't half Mages but I'm not sure what else I could do with them.

Bow Hubert's absurdly great at spreading dark spikes and keeping dude's in the air.
I had a lot more success with Myrm Dorothea since you can really angle to hit her notes with how Myrm works. Thief and Merc should also be good but I was out of seals.
Manuela makes a great peg because thundershocked synergizes shockingly well with Peg's aerial prowess.
Linhardt... just doesn't have a good feel. Maybe once Easy Breezy levels up it'll be better.
Monica also feels that problem though her second passive is good synergy with mage anyway though sword-fighting is fine since she gets multiple element-sweeps.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
SB Chapter 4: Mages for you and me mages for everyone.

These battles are really drat tense even with my tons of grinding. Chapter 5's main battle is already recommending level 30 yeesh.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
SB C5: Boy Byleth sure hits ungodly hard.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Will Essence of Lightning work with Hilda's unique skill where her strong attacks gain lighting element effects?

Also, is there any advantage to Hard mode?

They say they do, and I think I've seen Essence of Light affect Constance's ZR but it's hard to tell.

EDIT: Whoops, no I misread it, it does not say they affect Action Abilities.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 25, 2022

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Spending gold on leveling? PFH! I'll send level 20 Monica and Bernadetta into combat against level 60s and they'll like it!

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Sadly it does not apply to previously forged weapons and the game will try you to reset them, be careful.

Also I feel like the game wants you to choose a specific squad, because if you funnel all your money on levelling you won't have enough for tactics (which are insanely good boosts), repairing (which gives you already forged weapons and monsters give them by wazoo) and maybe facilities? (which are the biggest priority over everything).

Facilities don't cost any cash, just the materials. I think, anyway.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Scarlet Blaze Chapter 10 Ending: Hell yeah Byleth and Jeralt and oh come on why is their support list so goddamn dead.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I presume Monica has plot immunity like Hubert or Gilbert does in Three Houses.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
So, following up on whether Essence of X affects character actions abilities, even though it doesn't say so in the description it does appear to as I triggered Marianne's ice ability and had Essence of Ice triggering in the upper left during the whole time.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I notice the low defense when a drat War Master does that ice slide and nearly one-shots someone then does two-shot while I'm still frozen. Poor Mercedes, she died completely how she didn't live.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

So, what exactly is Maddening difficulty like?

Just from a few tests: much higher enemy level and damage and they are way more aggressive, even the peons.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Eimi posted:

Actually the way growths work has been found out. Each character has set stats they will earn at every level. Classes just add a at most 30% chance to get a bonus stat during that process.

But yeah it's totally possible to switch people up with no consequences. And plenty work better off their preferred class. But you do lose their unique warrior special and callouts. Great Knight Ferdinand kicks rear end but during his warrior special he no longer says his name, game ruined 0/10.

I don't think the current stat growth theory is actually correct. According to the data sheet Holy Knight doesn't have a SPD growth modifier but my Jeritza has gotten +2 SPD anyway.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Eimi posted:

Annette can live if you get the secret passage tactic and ignore Gilbert to attack her first. You also steal Crusher this way. (No idea if the alternative route has you steal it)

You get Crusher regardless.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Eopia posted:

I apparently turned in my last Rapier for smithing stones because I didn't realize they were effective against both armored and mounted units and this both stacks and is necessary to get the maximum effectiveness achievement. Anyone know what chapters they drop in?

It's more level-range than specific chapter. All I get in Maddening is Zoltan/Brave even in the first chapters. I can't check right now but whatever zone has a Rapier for S-rank is where they'll be dropping on Normal/Hard.

Now if only I could find a drat Heavy Spear...

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I know the third bonus character also retains their outfit through any class change. I presume the fourth does as well. I don't know why they did it like that, but it means every character is now fair game to be bonus since they don't need to make new color palates for class swaps.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Eimi posted:

I still think even when 'sane' the fact that they pushed him to be king is kind of ridiculous. His route should've ended with him abdicating and refusing to become king.

Like he always wanted.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
They don't seem to know that the SotC is in the tomb, it seems more like they were trying to do something regarding Seiros or her bones.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can repeat any map you've completed except the first two prologue ones. Even the shorter side chapters you do on the war map; those are under the header of whatever chapter they were in.

There's a whole stash of crest stone shards down there, which can be used to make Black/White Beasts. That's not a shabby haul, though IIRC, they were searching for Sothis' crest stone and assumed it would be in the SotC. I think they probably knew where Seiros' bones were, and the Slitherers' ultimate scheme hinged on grafting the Crest of Flames onto Edelgard.

Don't think we're ever explicitly told what their original plan for her was, but I think the fair assumption is that they wanted to turn her into another Nemesis, especially given the clone lab that was shoehorned into the end of Verdant Wind.

I blame the game for making both a Holy Mausoleum where the Saints are supposed to be and a Holy Tomb which is hidden beneath all that where Sothis was and totally not myself for typing the wrong word.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 7, 2022

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

kvx687 posted:

I just completed the Arianhrod mission on SB and is it possible to keep Count Rowe from defecting? You can't target Gwendal with Physic as far as I can tell and even if you're supoer overlevelled there's so many objectives to complete and dialogue to go through it doesn't seem possible to get to him in time.

Well I didn't know he could defect so yes. I was on Hard and underleveled so if you're on Maddening I can see it but otherwise the Gaspard reinforcements should buy enough time for you to pop up there if you're clean about switching your dudes.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
After all the pains to remove any picture of her in Houses this is how she gets exposed shm.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not done with Edlegards route yet but man, not having her is gonna stink on future routes.

It's why I'm hoping if (there will be) there's DLC it's going to be a 'who cares here's a ton of maps/missions' like the Hyrule ones where I can just be whoever without any arbitrary limits.
Also that said god this game kicks the poo poo out of the first FEW, I beat that campaign and sold it because I just hated almost everything about it's characters and just didn't find it fun at all even if it did have some of my favorites like Lyn.

You can use everyone on replaying maps in NG+ from the Record Keeper at least, even if it's not in the main story maps.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Seteth arrived in 1162 and Flayn arrived in 1179 and Houses starts in 1180.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Dancer is also the only way for women to even have tome-buster.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 8, 2022

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

Edelgard’s male supports are extremely platonic in Three Houses, and she turns into a mess whenever a woman winks at her.

But there was no way they were going to make the cover lord non-marriageable if you picked Boyleth.

I think you need to actually take a look at her supports again and not just go off art and memes. Dorothea is the only one even remotely romantic besides Byleth and she accepts the proposition with ease.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

What is ‘hyperbole’ for $100, Alex

Making poo poo up for $1000 Ken.

Endorph posted:

pictured: not remotely romantic

'both remained unmarried and became extremely close'

That is a romantic ending. Their support - which is my point - is not unless you really stretch the A completely out of context. But using the endings, Edelgard then can marry all the Black Eagle guys and Hanneman (ich).

Final Jeopardy.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

everyone is op as a mortal savant because swords are dramatically better then axes and lances fall off when you stop having the swirl your lance around while prancing about on a horse move from the master tiers

sword emblem

Now the hourglass turns for swords and not wyverns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Max out at +100 with 50 MT and 50 DUR boosts.