Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Kanos posted:

Honestly I feel like what lets the mage classes down isn't their combos, it's their terrible defense combined with how static the moveset is. You're guaranteed to get butt shanked for a billion damage while fighting in a crowd because the moves have no movement at all.

"butt shanked" is now in my lexicon, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Lorenz just needs a sit down and talking to in order to become a decent dude. Which he gets in this game.

He does not get it at school.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Eimi posted:

And I love how nonchalant Lin is about it. So you can make a sword out of thin air, I can go to the armory and get one. Call me when you can make other things.

"But what if I -could-?"
"Wait really?!? :haw:"
"I dunno. Maybe?"
":mad:"

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Bernedetta's over-reaction to everything continues to entertain. Ferdinand is just trying to help... in his usual clueless way.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Deltasquid posted:

'Unified ending DLC' except it's a fourth alternate timeline, this time one where Shez and Byleth collectively get Rhea to spill the beans on TWSITD and subsequently convince Dimitri and Claude to believe Edelgard and work with her to reform Fodlan.

In true 3 houses fashion, you end up bonking a lot of bandits on the head and the final boss is Pallardo working with Duke Aegir and TWSITD are dealt with off-screen in the ending slides.

How much?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Randomized would be a trip. Hubert declaring 'for lady edelgard' while invading her lands and laying waste to her armies.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

oh my GOD shamir. you have terrible taste in women.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Kanos posted:

I thought this was understood even before Three Hopes, given that Shamir's basically canon partner is Catherine, who would be a strong contender for being one of the worst human beings in the setting if the setting didn't have hilarious over the top cartoon villains like Arundel, Bernie's dad, etc.

(Catherine rules and I like her a lot, for reference, she's just intentionally written to be awful and I'm here for it)

See, but that's just one instance. Now we're on to multiple examples.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

If I’m enjoying the gameplay here, should I try Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity even with 0 knowledge of the series? How much is DLC?

You'd be better off with the previous entry, honestly. (Hyrule warriors: Definitive edition)

Not that AoC is bad by any means, but it very much acts like you know what is going on. It also suffers a bit of 'most of it is just window dressing with no impact on its own.' However it is a very solid warriors entry in its own right with plenty of flashy moves and baddies to slap around. People say the boss creature fights are a step up from the previous entry as well. I've no doubt you could have a bit of mindless fun with it.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Essentially, both games are good, just know what you're looking for in a musou game.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This is what it comes down to, really.

Except Bernie's dad. I'd buy DLC that was just different ways to kill him.

Anyone that makes bernie cry, really. Except Lindhart, because she's crying at the thought of losing him.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

I'd say the game is successfully entertaining for discussion to be this active either way.

Already bumping into the new game + issue where shez is maxed out support with everyone but I still want food buffs. Everyone having a free musou attack at the start of a mission makes things a lot smoother.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The musou gameplay isn't anything too deep, you're basically right about mashing buttons. I tend to stack stat increasing items on shez so I can just end a mission when I want to be done. Otherwise I tend to amuse myself with helicopter parenting my AI allies and give them encouragement. Yes Ferdinand, you're doing great. You're very brave to take down so many enemies. Pay no attention that I have already cleared enemies within a 2 mile radius around you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Considering the setting seems to have no hangups on orientation, seems normal. If only the real world would be so casual.