Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Billy Kametz, Ferdinand's voice actor, has sadly passed away due to his cancer. Three Hopes is the last game he was known to work on, and his role as Ferdie is unquestionably a huge part of what made the character so loveable.

Cancer loving sucks, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm enjoying the demo so far, up to chapter 3 now. It feels a little too easy with how many combat options you have, granted these are the earliest battles in the game, but Shez just seems to mow down enemies without any difficulty whatsoever, Kronya was down in about 20 seconds and the demon beast I only got one armor break on because the Shez/Edel Musou attack did nearly 200k damage and just destroyed it. I am playing on the medium difficulty though and it seems likely this game may be a bit easier than other musou games since they're counting on at least some of the players to not have played a musou game before, Age of Calamity and P5 Strikers kind of did the same thing. I'll probably bump the difficulty up to the highest setting.

Difficulty setting doesn't actually apply until chapter 4. The early chapters are all undertuned by design, no matter the difficulty.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/3skuero/status/1536083707978817536

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Did you know that, in a Fire Emblem age long past, there were extremely few female axe users?

Terper fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 19, 2022

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Okay no Cavalier Hubert with the Scythe of Sariel is actually incredibly fun holy poo poo

All the Black Eagle mages are great in melee classes, Hubert can spread his spikes around super easy, big sweeps spawns tons of Dorothea's notes and makes them easy to hit, Monica's timed button presses feel great to execute as a Thief.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Don't feel restricted by preferred class ideas, embrace cavalier Hubert

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I've got both Hubert and Dorothea as Paladins right now, but Dorothea will branch into Falcon Knight and Hubert Dark Knight. Monica's my Assassin, I like the timed hits with how fast Assassins are. I can't understate how hilarious Hubert is when he gets big sweeping attacks and you can upgrade his personal ability.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love my dear rat boy, so so much

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zore posted:

Hubert spends most of Scarlet Blaze's side quests and paralogues finding new ways to be a good friend and it's kind of hilarious.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hubert is easily one of the best Fire Emblem characters ever.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

nuketulsa posted:

I got Hapi and another girl from chapter 4 black eagles route - how do I turn one in a pegasus warrior?

Train them as a Soldier and then go down that tree.

General advice for everyone, you should be unlocking a bunch of different classes for everyone you're using (and maybe a few extra) and level those classes up instead of just sitting as one class and letting all that class exp go to waste. If you press Y twice when looking in the class tree, you can see what abilities you get from those classes. Don't feel restricted by preferred classes. Some characters shine far greater in roles they weren't "meant" for.

Brigand is great for practically everyone, since you either get Death Blow or Wild Abandon, both of which are great, and which then leads to Wyvern Rider, which gives some characters Offensive Tactics, which is a flat 20% boost if you have a Battalion equipped.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/flamingopunch/status/1540823076220407809

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You've got an eye for quality friend you've got an eye for quality friend you've got an eye for quality friend you've got an eye for quality friend

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kanos posted:

"Bad dads whose kids end up okay" is kind of a common thing in Fodlan.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

Azure Gleam

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's really funny whenever you go into the watchtower at camp and the framerate skyrockets.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Seeming like an rear end in a top hat but being a decent dude has been a Gloucester tradition for generations

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eimi posted:

This is why I'm trying to hook him and Bernadetta up.

Berbert 4 ever

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lucina time travelled into Fódlan and gave Byleth the stockings

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Every future Fire Emblem should have an option where you can play a map in either FE Mode or Musou Mode.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What about the ending of CF comes out of nowhere and doesn't make sense?? Maybe my perception's been colored by the times and hindsight but I don't remember feeling confused about anything.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Why was Rhea a dragon? Who was Sothis? Who knows, who cares, not important or relevant. IIRC CF even had Byleth just die with Rhea and then come back to life with blue hair again and that's never touched on or explained, it just Happens and that's that-- in order to get the explaination and backstory you have to play one or more different routes.

I mean, "why" Rhea was a dragon is completely irrelevant in the context of Fire Emblem. There Be Dragons. Her trying to make you sit on the throne, the freakout, calling you a traitor, and then in the ending zooming in on Byleth's heart and revealing the Crest Stone and it disappearing causing Byleth's heart to start beating and the hair returning to normal explains pretty much everything that had happened. Sothis was her mom, and Rhea wanted to resurrect her (by giving her Byleth's body). Her death makes the magic go away. You don't need text to explain that!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxCSPWoP-qJsubvsA9zrI4bXA90ZuYn7-_

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eimi posted:

Also I never thought hunting down the slitherers had to be shown because they kind of suck as bad guys. They also suck in this game and the best bits are the drama between the other nations and the actual characters, not the Agarthans. The emotional core and satisfying stuff was defeating Dimitri and Rhea.

The only change I'd make, you wouldn't need to do any additional cutscenes or maps, is to in the lead-up to the final map of CF, have Arundel go "great I'll take my forces and attack from the side, you and your ilk go fight Rhea" and Edelgard says "Yeah OK" and then after he leaves Edelgard gives the order to pincer Arundel and his troops between themselves and Rhea, and then you fight him somewhere in the middle of the map. You can keep the "the Slitherer fight goes on in the background" ending since they're still around, but at least you get the satisfaction of loving that guy over.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah for the change I'd make, killing him in the middle of the map would have Edelgard give a satisfied sigh and have a moment of silence, before saying "Good job everyone, now focus on the Immaculate One." Not a final boss, but a stepping stone to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes yes yes