Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

ElegantFugue posted:

So I definitely haven't tried everything yet in the demo but I did just upgrade the Brigid gal to Thief and holy heck that is a fun moveset for her.

I have heard there's been some datamining and it's been determined that (length-wise) each route will have about 15 chapters, with some number of extra missions not associated with any chapter that may or may not be extra content or may just be leftover data? The first few chapters seem kinda short on actual gameplay vs story but it looks like there's more missions available in chapters once you get past the timeskip?

Also I like the special move/weapon durability system, since it auto-recovers after each mission and can be recovered mid-mission through drops. Helps mix things up nicely.

Huh. Genuinely surprised that there doesn't appear to be an extra route for clearing all 45 chapters. That just seems standard for this kind of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Given the tutorial messages the games gives you when you first unlock the trainer it feels like the games wants you to master as many classes as possible, at least for your heaviest hitters. Not sure how much I'll end up doing that but I'll probably get Shez into almost every class by the end.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh my, I'm not usually that big on the slower Musou units but Armored Knight actually kinda kicks rear end. Nice and beefy.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Zore posted:

I mean we absolutely know Shez isn't just a random merc lol. Random Mercs don't have gods in their head, or go super saiyan, or the special Dark magic only people associated with TWSITD have.

It WOULD be kinda hilarious if Shez really was some rando and there just wasn't any explanation as to how a god got into their head.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
tingle and agitha are internationally wanted war criminals did you guys just not keep up with zelda lore

it's like you guys didn't even play the japan only spin off that was only released for the super ngage+

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Honestly the most surprising thing from the possible leak is (presumably very, very late game spoilers) Rhea is playable on all 3 routes. What the gently caress kinda turnaround is gonna happen for Eddy to consider her anything but a block to rest her axe in?

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 22, 2022

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The game also has a 'rest' mechanic where units get a big bonus to EXP if they haven't been used lately, so it seems to actively encourage frequent switching raising a wider base than some others do.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It appears this war is going to be won by a nervous shut in having a series of panic attacks and wildly flailing at a bow string as everything dies around her. Goodness Bernie, you say you don't want to fight but your stats say otherwise.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Omobono posted:

Attacking with triangle advantage* is not helping that much but again, early on and the passives should level up. Do later magic and weapon skills help with exposure?

C3 (y>y>x) opens up meter unless you have class disadvantage.

EDIT: ...actually, double checking this only seems to happen sometimes?!? Hammering them with it seems to make the meter open a lot faster than other methods at least. Hitting them once or twice with the golden arrow from ArcherBernie consistently opens up the meter for breaking, and two uses of Fluegel Shez's multistab also opens meters up.

Precious games had specific meter combos but now I'm thinking there's a certain amount of pressure that opens it and certain moves give higher pressure.

Edit 2: Little further testing with Armored Lord Edelgard: 2 C3s to open meter on neutral, 3 on resisted, 1 on advantage. 2 for Mage Hubert on neutral, training ground isn't summoning anything that resists magic or is weak to it.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 26, 2022

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I dunno, maybe it'll change closer to the end game but Hubert has stayed in his little mage cubby and he's consistently been an MvP when I field him.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh dear. Chapter 7 spoilers.

The game hadn't made me kill a main character yet but I thiiiink there's no way to avoid killing Ingrid if your Team Edelgard? There certainly weren't any strategies for it, just Mercedes.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Deltasquid posted:

Yep, it's plot important even!

Well I guess the bodies had to start piling up eventually.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
after having spent time with jeralt i have decided that i am okay forgiving the ashen demon because i shall get my revenge by loving their dad

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
"The female model has an actual character design and the male model looks like an unfinished background NPC" is a problem in a loooot of games and I have no clue why it's so prevalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Hubert trying to be a thoughtful and attentive friend is the best. Dude's legit just trying to get someone coffee and a bagel but he is utterly incapable of not sounding like he's about to disappear someone behind a chemical shed.