Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Empty Sandwich posted:

I don't know if I've got a weird cultivar or what's going on but in order to be palatable that tbsp would have to go into like 10 lbs of potat

it's just super intense and piney, much more intense than either the dried or fresh grocery store stuff

mail me the super rosemary. i long for its embrace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've got a rosemary plant and I can't use the stuff. utterly overwhelms whatever I've tried it in.

I will occasionally put a whole branch in a quiche, but just for presentation...

Yeah as the other poster said just a tiny bit of it ground up or finely chopped is perfect. Mother in law will get the needles off the branch and just drown whatever she makes in needles of rosemary. I feel like I'm making a scene picking em out but like holy hell lady be reasonable with it.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I've probably been served worse food, but this was just off putting on a spiritual level. No human needs that much dressing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Outrail posted:

Do you actually trust any restaurants?

Being leery about raw beef is actually pretty smart.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

AKZ posted:

I've probably been served worse food, but this was just off putting on a spiritual level. No human needs that much dressing.

I feel like the only reason the dressing is on the side is because it would absolutely become a soup if it was served with It on, holy hell

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

AKZ posted:

my first writing teacher started to get better known and Scott Simon from the NPR came out to do a profile on him. he took him to lunch at a local small town that's actually just an intersection of two rural highways, with the restaurant there being the only place for business for miles around.

apparently the people at the counter were flabbergasted that this smooth-voiced stranger wanted a salad that not only had neither ham nor cheese on it but also in the end had no dressing, iirc. (there's no way in hell they have a vinaigrette at that place).

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

That loaded bowl was courtesy of Salty Sue's in florida.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

AKZ posted:

I'd rather have too much than not enough. Only use what you'll actually use and the rest can go back in the vat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I haven't had a particularly horrible meal come to mind specifically on the food side yet, but I did have some that had a little something extra. When I was younger we had some friends whose house we'd eat at occasionally. Nothing exciting, just the usual Midwest US stuff like a casserole with fruit crisp or something for dessert.
But they were dog owners, who seemingly weren't aware of the existence of vacuums. So imagine three fluffy dogs being inside shedding all the time and that hair just wafting around getting into everything. I know some pet hair is unavoidable, but those meals were basically picking it out of every bite. Just...no. Not good food memories

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

LordoftheScheisse posted:

I'd rather have too much than not enough. Only use what you'll actually use and the rest can go back in the vat.

:smith:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LordoftheScheisse posted:

the rest can go back in the vat.

:smallbarf:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My father in law takes mayonaise as his salad dressing. Slathers it on each piece of lettuce with a knife before he eats.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Super Waffle posted:

My father in law takes mayonaise as his salad dressing. Slathers it on each piece of lettuce with a knife before he eats.

This is pure loving violence in word form

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Super Waffle posted:

This is a cry for help

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I planted rosemary once and yeah a tiny amount went a very long way. Why so intense rosemary?!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Outrail posted:

This is a cry for help

or a power move, (maybe?somehow?)

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Hasturtium posted:

Good god, I think people have been sent to the gulag for this kind of poo poo. Name and shame.

Lesley College. You've probably never heard of it. Would not recommend. Oddly they had two cafeterias and the other was perfectly fine.

teen witch posted:

Are you an alumni of clown college

yes

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Bloop posted:

On a college campus some Christian group has a table out near the student union and was offering everyone free cookies. They were big individually wrapped sugar cookies and they looked good so I accepted one.

Once you unwrap it there was a circle of paper under the cookie that said by accepting and opening this cookie you have accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, which, I mean rude but also lol I don't think that's how salvation is supposed to work.

Anyway my friends and I have since referred to sneaky trojan horse bait and switch tricks as Jesus Cookies.

Reminds me of a story about how British press gangs would slip a shilling, the bounty paid to recruits, into tankards of ale. Contract law was played with fast and loose enough that to unwittingly accept the shilling by taking the mug, you'd be pressed into the navy.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
My rosemary plant died :(

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

AKZ posted:

or a power move, (maybe?somehow?)

It's brazen. The man is unafraid of judgment by god or man, devouring unaltered mayonnaise on his salad in the eyes of everyone.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Hasturtium posted:

It's brazen. The man is unafraid of judgment by god or man, devouring unaltered mayonnaise on his salad in the eyes of everyone.

I would look on a man casually eating rocks plucked from the land and grinning similarly. A true force

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm gonna eat 8 hard boiled eggs and call it dinner bitch!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yea I run out a food again bitch!!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Chili with pepperoncinis and hamburger

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Update I just ate 8 hard boiled eggs and now feel ill

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Sitting in an airport hotel with a (non-plague) fever and ate room-service carbonara.

It was loving egregious. Pasta dripping in slimy tasteless white sauce. 10 pieces of ham. It got all up in my beard and now I smell of vomit. Or the room smells of vomit. I can’t tell and don’t want to know

E: it was 17 euros :negative:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Better watch out lsbb the cholesteroblin gonna catch you if you eatting all those eggs at once

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Update I just ate 8 hard boiled eggs and now feel ill

do you have any more eggs? this might be the kind of thing where you just need to keep going to push through to the other side

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

TIP posted:

do you have any more eggs? this might be the kind of thing where you just need to keep going to push through to the other side

Yea... et em all at once

Nooner posted:

Better watch out lsbb the cholesteroblin gonna catch you if you eatting all those eggs at once

I got like 10 more eggs

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

might be interewsting to cosume the final 10 eggs in a descending level of doneness, culminating in simpyl eating the final egg in the shell

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

a nice jammy egg no salt no pepper just squish.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When there's leftover lettuce after everyone's made their burgers, I'll chomp it down with a smear of Miracle Whip and a load of black pepper. Been doing it since I was a toddler.

I was born a monster.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm never taking my Mom's cooking for granted again. Holy poo poo.

We also have a dog story at Thanksgiving, but it was the meringue off a lemon pie he licked off. My Grandma whipped up a fresh batch and put it back on before dessert.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll strip a rosemary sprig of its leaves and eat em whole. Love that rosemary :hai:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Waffle! posted:

I'm never taking my Mom's cooking for granted again. Holy poo poo.

We also have a dog story at Thanksgiving, but it was the meringue off a lemon pie he licked off. My Grandma whipped up a fresh batch and put it back on before dessert.

I know of someone who left a cake out to cool and a raccoon was eating it. They shooed it away, patched it up, and served it

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I left some bread out to rise and a squirrel loving walked across it to eat a dead cicada.

naturally I served the bread anyway (to the vicar, no less (just kidding (it was the parson)))

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I think the grossest thing I've ever eaten as a guest was when I was married, and I was having dinner at my ex-wife's grandparents' house. Big family shindig, like a dozen - 14 people. Anyway, I forget what the main dish was, but I'll never forget their unholy rendition of "hollandaise" sauce: Mustard, mayo and Cool Whip, all beaten together.

I nearly gagged when I first tasted it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's not real, you're making up stories to tell the internet lalalalalalala

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That's not real, you're making up stories to tell the internet lalalalalalala

chill out big bee - wait wha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Timby posted:

I think the grossest thing I've ever eaten as a guest was when I was married, and I was having dinner at my ex-wife's grandparents' house. Big family shindig, like a dozen - 14 people. Anyway, I forget what the main dish was, but I'll never forget their unholy rendition of "hollandaise" sauce: Mustard, mayo and Cool Whip, all beaten together.

I nearly gagged when I first tasted it.

Please tell me you meant miracle whip

It wouldn't be great but it'd be so much better