Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I went shopping the other day and was appalled at the food prices, so I went home to set fire to my pantry in protest and ended up burning down a wheat field or two along the way. That should send the right message that I won't be bullied by these food prices anymore!

Anyways sorry for the non sequitur the Holodomor is definitely a real thing that happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

15:00 - Safety stand down to discuss Holodeck safety protocols and to address the Holo-Dorner incident
18:00 - Memorial for Lt. Whorf
21:00 - Holodomor Study Group

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Xaris posted:

i'm undecided about the holodomor

it definitely happened

E: :mods:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

thank you for everyone who voted this thread a 1, which is also the number of holodomors that have happened :)

Oh poo poo, I voted two

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

You have a choice: On one path you embrace lysenkoism and cause the very real Holodomor. On another you embrace eugenics and cause the Holocaust. Choose carefully, history will forgive only one of these!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Is there a snappy name for the Irish Potato Famine, which historians are still unsure happened at all, and if it did was purely the fault of idiot dirt farmers and in no way connected to any policies of the ruling class, unlike the Holodomor?

E: The question mark is because I grammatically hosed that sentence, and is in no way intended to question the very real Holodomor, which happened.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/endsanctions/status/1542671127947800577?s=20&t=9iCmHezWj3kkbprANds0Xg

This has never before happened and I'm deeply worried about the eventual impact on food safety for Ukraine and the rest of the world

E: I posted this in the wrong thread. This is in no way related to the Holodomor, which is very real and completely inflicted by the Soviets on the defenseless Ukrainians.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Weka posted:

I think 6 million is the number for Jews. Wiki is giving me a further 11 million killed for the broadest definition.

Most of the victims of the Holocaust were Soviet citizens, which is an inconvenient fact the west would rather nobody draw attention to. Remember, nobody should ever feel sympathy for the Red Menace. The Holocaust was about the Jews, maybe LGBT, autism, and the disabled if you want to be super progressive about it, but absolutely nobody else.

(Ask eastern europe what their stance on the Roma is)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I approve this message

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

i'm going to confiscate everyone's wheat itt in order to feed the developing industrial proletariat

I'm going to set my wheat on fire to spite you. I foresee this act completely owning you and having no negative repercussions

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Personally, I think distributing poison in giant bags marked 'food aid' went a bit too far, but Stalin was a wily rascal who could not be stopped in his insatiable blood lust

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The 12 course banquets for Soviet Russians set up in a solid line along the entire Ukrainian border was also a bit much

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The UK and France ally with the Third Reich like *this*, but the Soviets ally with the Third Reich like *this*

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

how the gently caress do people play mafia here

Tediously.

But you can manually nest quotes by just opening a bunch of tabs with every quote and then copy pasting them together, if you're some kind of weirdo

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

indigi posted:

Cuttlefush posted:

unrelated, am I crazy or wasn't there a way to do nested quotes? like a decade ago you'd just quote someone's post and the post they quoted would be in there. wouldn't it?

is there some setting i'm missing. what the gently caress

this is a fake memory

OP may be losing touch with reality

There is no OP. Only Zuul.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

i told you so posted:

ha ha, i get the joke but its not funny. being flippant about historical horrors is doing the work of fascists online. you're giving cover to real russian nazis who want to destroy ukraine for the crime of wanting to be a part of western democracy

Let this be a warning to the thread, you're all enabling fascist propaganda by being flippant, unlike me who had never fallen for propaganda in my entire life because western democracies are naturally immune to propaganda

Its my natural immunity to fascist propaganda that lets me confidently proclaim that the Holodomor *definitely* happened

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The Holodomor was a precision operation, targeting only Ukrainians according to a secret master kill file Stalin himself compiled by hand. Thats why after the first few months the Soviets began sending out thousands of tons of food aid to Ukraine, significantly more than the amount exported during the same period - they'd already completed the kill list with typical communist efficiency and were putting the brakes on the operation.

Why, you might ask, interrupt your own carefully planned genocide when there were still Ukrainians left alive? Simple. The Soviets loved genociding Ukrainians so much they saved some back so they could genocide them again in the future!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My name is Joseph Stalin and I'm here to say
I'm eating all the grain in a Soviet way
Word to your babushkas

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Stalin was just a guy who was political in the 1930s

The Holodomor happened, sure, but its weird to blame just one political guy!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Best Friends posted:

i can’t believe people on this site would make light of a genocide. this thread belongs in the gas chamber

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

yes, in December 2022. The sheer gall in waiting that long.

They were very busy and it slipped their mind until they were engaged in an economic war with Russia and needed to ratchet up the propaganda and undercut the narrative that eastern european nationalist movements are and have always been a bunch of fascists - uh, I mean, went to the kitchen to make a sandwich but there wasnt any bread (because of the Soviets)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

They voted for the wrong guy, they deserved it

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Oh poo poo I thought I was in the Ohio death cloud thread. I apologize for my previous statement

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Joe hosted a big dinner party but didn't invite Bandera. It was a travesty

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Poppers posted:

That’s simple. For every genocide you don’t do, I’m going to do three.

Staling crying as he eats the grain in order to save the future

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Do you condemn Holodomor?

I think that question goes beyond the scope of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007