Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

balance and content changes that are unneccessary, and against the original design intent.

Better watch out, with talk like that Arthmoor gonna get you banned from the Nexus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I said come in! posted:

I would rather forget it exists until late August.

Play some SpaceBourne 2 to tide you over

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Crow posted:

Is this actually good and not jank?

It's a game made by one dude with text to speech voice acting. It's jank as hell. But that doesn't prevent it from being entertaining.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Flowing Thot posted:

It's just going to be that don't delude yourself.

We all know it's going to be a beta release of creation engine 2

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

smoobles posted:

Lmao look at this sucker, paying money for things and then enjoying them

I'm just gonna get it for free* with gamepass :smugdog:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tankbuster posted:

the bases in FO4 allowed you to acquire crafting resources later on. The outposts in starfield largely seem to do the same.

They only generate junk if you have less than like 500 units of junk in the settlement, and the machines only run when you're in the settlement. They're basically completely worthless for acquiring crafting materials other than the "make purified water sell purified water buy material deliveries" loop

I just want bases that are self sufficient. Not the "I build 8600 points of defenses and 3 gunners will destroy half the settlement unless you, the only competent person on the planet, show up to babysit them" bases from fo4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tankbuster posted:

I think the higher your happiness levels and defenses were the less likely your settlements were to be attacked. I asked around in reddit and used SKK's settlement attack mod which completely overhauled that aspect. Either way the settlement system really felt unbaked in terms of being playtested although it was really important in survival mode.

I just use a mod that disables settlement attacks entirely. Even beyond my annoyance at their inability to defend themselves I got sick of playing survival mode and getting "Summerville place is under attack!" when I'm in the rear end end of far harbor

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Will I be able to use a junk jet to launch giant space sandwiches at my enemies?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress i wanna fly spaceships *now*

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1646850/SpaceBourne_2/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Bugs are weird that way.

I had all sorts of minor clothing reflection bugs in cyberpunk at release, but otherwise only hit three serious bugs: stuck in a looting animation that prevented me using doors (reload fixed), enemy with a key wouldn't leave an elevator (reload fixed), and one of the cyberpsychosis ladies wouldn't activate (nothing fixed). Otherwise clear sailing.

My brother played it on the same machine and it was just constant issues. Dialogue and music looping that persisted through saves, enemies that would just stand there like the ai was turned off, the virtual investigation thing didn't work at all, he eventually gave up in the hotel.

:iiam:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FuzzySlippers posted:

That's good news, Far Harbor was a huge improvement over the base game

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

The very arcadey look of the trailer combined with the dubious state of HOTAS support doesn't bode well.

It does have one whole developer

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rinkles posted:

I assumed there’d be some kind of on planet transportation, like a buggy.

Or they avoid having to actually have fully populated planets by making you walk so almost nobody is going to waste time spending 6 months exploring the surface

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I said come in! posted:

Like it doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, but how are you suppose to get around if these planets are suppose to be huge?

https://i.imgur.com/7tgrK0i.mp4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are they going to add an "all the missiles" button?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zzulu posted:

Space snakes with giant, heaving reptilian mommy milkers

You're looking for the XCOM thread

https://i.imgur.com/FXpK0yh.gifv

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

John F Bennett posted:

I wonder how many people are not aware that it's an Xbox exclusive and are intending to pick it up for their PS5.

https://www.change.org/p/make-starfield-a-ps5-exclusive

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've got a 13700k and a 4070ti. I get so many frames in megamek

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

8one6 posted:

Option one: Oh no, Earth was destroyed by an asteroid made of dark matter. It's just not there anymore.

Option two: Oh no, the extremely girthy hadron collide created a strangelet and the runaway cascade reaction has converted the entire Earth to strange matter. Trying to land will just straight up kill you.

Option three: Every nation on Earth has perfect planetary defense systems. Landing anywhere except for the one spaceport they built in the middle of loving nowhere will get you shot down.

Option four: As you approach the Earth your character changes their mind and turns around.

Option five: this game exists in the Wandering Earth Invader Zim universe and some jackass attached rockets and flew the planet away

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

brainSnakes posted:

I hope refusing to let them join you in the first place is still an option.

Sorry, Preston Garvey XXVII is a required companion and will always be there to tell you there's another outpost that needs your help

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dick Trauma posted:

Better have full support for my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2. :colbert:

EDIT: Oh terrible snipe. Just terrible. :smith:

Better have Kinect support

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

This is an outrage

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
As long as there are stones to romance I'll be happy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gorgolflox posted:

I wanna capture animals and make a space zoo

And you shall be named Conroy Bumpus

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
76 turned it into a deck builder where you have to pray to rngesus that you'll get the perk card you want this level instead of yet another pack of group buffs

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Not like all the perks even help you all that much. Peak I ever hit in 4 was 140 something during a completionist run and at least the last 60 of those I was just picking random bullshit I'd literally never use

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

steinrokkan posted:

AND WHY DOESN'T MY CHARACTER HAVE TO GO TO THE TOILET? YOU CALL THIS IMMERSIVE SIM?

See that planet? You can't poop there.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Lone Badger posted:

You can't mod Gamepass games so they'll be able to get you for a Gamepass sub and then a normal purchase.

I've modded many a gamepass game

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
This is Tick erasure :argh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I don't visit the cloud district

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Personally, Bethesda's plots have been warm water-trash post-Morrowind and that's why I've never bothered learning about any of them!

Bethesda's plots have the exact same problem every open world game's plots have. They give you this big ol world ending problem you should definitely be prioritizing, then you spend the next 14 years doing chocobo races while the demon invasion patiently waits for you to go warn the neighboring kingdom.

Someone murdered my partner and kidnapped my baby! Better go to Nuka World.
Demonic gates are opening all over the world and the forces of evil are invading cities, our only hope is if you take this amulet to Sean Bean! But those rats in the merchant's basement won't kill themselves!
Your father left the vault in the middle of the night and then the overseer tried to kill you, you need to go find him! But first I'll get abducted by aliens.

I hope the starfield plot is something really stupid like "You owe Pizza the Hutt one million spacebucks, go loot planets until you have it."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The prothean beacons strike again

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's not like any of the cyberpunk intros matter either. They're just three doors that lead to the same "welcome to night city" montage

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, you get 2gb of mod space for fallout 4 on the series x which doesn't really go that far. I don't imagine they'll give much more to starfield

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, when I tried modding my game I had liked vivid fallout all in one, a couple outfit mods, a couple minor qol mods, and that's about all that fit

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rinkles posted:

It’s not a total scam, cause you’re buying the first expansion with it. It’s the principle I don’t like.

Never know, it could be this generation's Daikatana and now you're stuck with the expansion too

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MH Knights posted:

When Outer Worlds is like $20 I will buy it.

It's under $20 basically everywhere

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just so long as I can get space truck nuts

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Cucumber sandwiches are the real contraband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
iirc they changed the animation format on fo4 and it took a while for people to catch up