Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I am not getting my hopes up for this. As others have said I see so many red flags from Skyrim and Fallout 4/76 that I will hold off on this for a while. People are calling this No Man's Skyrim but I am getting way more Fallout 4/76 in space vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is Emil Pagliarulo writing this? If so...

TresTristesTigres posted:

So, one or both of us might not be 100% right on what Emil wrote for what. My understanding is that Rolston was the lead design on Oblivion. Emil, as a junior designer, probably touched a lot of things but the only big chunk he could take credit for specifically was the DB questline, which can be summed up as:
Make friends with cool + funny people, mutual trust and appreciation all around (even that bastard khajiit guy likes you at the end), and the final mission is to fight and kill all of them to become #1 Dude.
After Rolston and others left, Emil became lead writer and wrote Skyrim's main quest and civil war quest, which as a stormcloak can be summed up as:
Make friends with cool people, mutual trust and appreciation all around, and to be #1 Stormcloak Dude, sack Whiterun, fight Balgruuf and Irileth, then sack Solitude and fight those guys too.
Then Emil wrote Fallout 4's main quest which as a Railroad supporter can be summed up as:
Make friends with cool + funny people, mutual trust and appreciation all around, and then to free all the slaves, you have to blow up the Brotherhood zeppelin (which has literal children on board you can talk to), blow up the Institute killing god knows how many people (including your own loving son), and cause the Railroad's plant in the institute to commit suicide because why not.

The guy just seems to be driving home the same theme over and over, except raising the total amount of assholery you have to do in order to play through to a conclusion. Starfield probably winds up with you blowing up a whole planet or something. Figure out a new trick, Pagliarulo

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Lordshmee posted:

Oh it’s definitely gonna sell. Lots of lovely games sell well. And who knows - we haven’t seen much yet. Hell, they’ll get my money. As long as I can bind my keys in a way that’s reasonable to me I’ll play it. I do hope. Despite all their stupid poo poo, Bethesda made Skyrim which is still my all-time most played game. They’ll have to do a lot more stupid poo poo before they stop getting the benefit of the doubt from me.

It going to sell well and get all sorts of glowing 9/10 and 10/10 reviews because no-one wants to piss off a major publisher.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Which projects of these across the other Bethesda games, have actually been finished?

The Skyrim total conversion Enderal got released and was decently okay.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Can I romance the planet?

Video Games > STARFIELD - See that planet? You can romance it.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

But Microsoft didn't shun Intel/Nvidia gamers with their newest AMD partnership this time (idk if Xbone uses Amd components), not with Bethesda's SF. True that theirs will always be a far cry from the ultimate journey that only the most authentic AMD components can provide, you'll still be able to render your store-brand version of the galaxy and play something as un-epic as easy target practice for space pirates.

Both the PS5 and XBone use AMD APUs. The GPU portion is about equal to an RTX 2070 Super.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Paracausal posted:

SF is already taken as shorthand for the Nine Inch Nails song Starfuckers, Inc. which is also going to be the name of my space exploration subsidiary in StarF.

Sorry, due to technical limitations you can gently caress planets but not stars.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Who is Lynda Carter going to voice?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

When Outer Worlds is like $20 I will buy it.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Handles Are Dumb posted:

Is this just a meme? I've heard this like 30 times...
The goblin fort is like an hour into the game. None of the classes are good or interesting the first few levels. Just get a few levels and respec later if you want.

There are five different penises to try out! That is a lot to explore :colbert:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

webmeister posted:

Yes, and probably yes

Does it have speakers that blast Intergalactic by the Beastie Boys?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Which is worse: Starfield or The Outer Worlds?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Starfield: maybe some new mini games would fix it.

As someone who is currently playing (just got to the third open world zone) Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth: No. I am good for mini games for a while.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is there even a real modding scene for Starfield? The way some commentators made it sound the major modders just aren't interested and/or don't feel like dealing with this version of Creation Engine. With Fallout 4 enjoying a massive resurgence, thanks to the TV show, I have seen modders say they are putting focus there.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Are we talking about the same Bethesda? Because they announced FO76 years and years before it released. Same with Starfield. gently caress they've already announced TE6 and that thing is probably 3-4 years out at a bare minimum. Here's the teaser announcement video thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFdqqyI8y4

Man I wish they'd just quietly work on games and only announce six months out.

Weren’t Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 announced so early to juice Zennimax’s value before MS bought them?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

No pressure, Todd. Ignore the giant wicker Master Chief being built out in the parking lot, it's just part of the Shattered Space DLC release party.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1787845956077068715?t=DfKAKom3qnfnHGf7BxFMrg&s=19

Redfall was such a nightmare to develop, and they didn't want to make it in the first place, Arkane Austin was pretty much dead already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm actually more surprised that they kept the studio around for another year after that debacle

Supposedly they were working on an offline mode which, much like Starfield, wouldn't have fixed the core issues but would allow for some possible modding and tweaking.