Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I saw a starcrab the other day. Horrible creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

STARFIELD you ate my nebulasagna!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

1glitch0 posted:

Not only boarding ships you disable but taking them to add to your "fleet". I'm taking over this backwater galaxy.

Modding Homeworld's salvage corvettes into the game asap

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Azhais posted:

This is an outrage

No it isn't

Fishing minigames suck

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Patrolling the Milky Way almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Tim Whatley posted:

I would really lock down now if you're all about surprises. I've already seen people post the menu screen, all the achievements leaked and (this was something alluded to in the trailer but still is a big one) all of the different "magic" abilities

Is (is this really a spoiler? who didn't think this would be a thing) a vanguard charge like in Mass Effect in there

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wealth beyond measure outerbeltlander

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bethesda put all the bugs on one planet

An ugly planet

A bug planet

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I actually have no idea what the scope of the game is except 1. you can land on other planets 2. you can build a fleet of some kind 3. you can only land some ships on planets 4. no mechs

I was sort of just assuming something like Mass Effect + Skyrim with a little bit of Freelancer in there

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope there's a cheevo for flying into the sun

Better yet I hope it's like Freelancer and there's a cheevo for bouncing off it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arc Hammer posted:

Everyone wants to be the Homeworld/Yes collab but it's been like 25 years and nobody has topped it.

That's right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJkoBNOPvjU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can you find any sugar on the moon

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol that was an extremely hamhanded way to get you into space from the game's intro

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Whoever decided E should be "loot space" and also "hold E a little bit" is "get out of chair" is a dick

I'm enjoying the game but this feels super half-baked for everything that's not just Fallout 4 again

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 7, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love that the "start with a house" trait is also the "start with tremendous debt" trait

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How much resources do you use to open safes now? I had 11 picks, hosed up an easy safe and used three, backed out, hit undo, tried again, still goofed, gave up and now I have zero. I used five picks in the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well that's a lovely bug

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr Hootington posted:

How many undos did you hit? Each costs a pick

Just one, and I had 11, though it said I could three times max

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GreatGreen posted:

From the way it’s handled, it would have made about as much sense for that NPC to literally look at you and say “Hello, video game player! I was put in this game specifically to provide you with this ship. Have fun!” right before he pulls out a gun and blasts himself right in his expressionless head.

He even has a note on the ship for if he dies in a pirate raid lol. He just... doesn't.

Also it's weird how there's so much in the game world you can pick up, but it's all worthless. Considering how much you packratted in NV and FO4 it feels weird to just not loot everything like a vacuum lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 8, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tiny Timbs posted:

otoh the clutter in the living spaces is on point. I read they picked up a well-regarded modder to be the clutter artist and it seems like they did a great job. It is a little weird they didn't make the space duct tape worth anything, though.

It is very upsetting to me to NOT collect all these coffee cups

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there a reason to actually use your ship if you don't want to do anything in space? You can fast travel wherever right? It's weirdly disconnected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I crashed before the game finished loading Bethesda's logo for the first time lol

It's been fine since though